Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Thread and Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What do you think about the new rarities?

What? New rarities??
2%
I'm confused.
5%
I'm glad!
45%
I don't like them.
5%
It'll take some getting used to.
38%
IDK/Wanna vote >=D
5%

Total votes : 375

Re: Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Thread and Poll!* ♡

Postby BlossomTail » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:44 am

charliethebugfan wrote:Hi guys! Any ideas on what I should collect? I have no idea what I should focus on and need some assistance :,) I was thinking horses or birds. What do you all think??

Hey!

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide, but here's a few tidbits that might help. : )

Horses are one of the more "lesser valued" species, so they may be easier to obtain than birds. BUT, birds have been around CS for only a handful of years, and would make collecting every one of them much easier (since there are no '08, 09 birds, etc.) Also, there's only 2 UR birds (the Flamingo, and Phoenix) which helps, since unreleased go for significantly more than regular releases.

Hope this helps! c:
| B e e |

Looking for Flightrising/C$ trades!
user - tifftac

Balance: 786g | 375kt
Balance: 18C$

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jiji » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:21 am

charliethebugfan wrote:Hi guys! Any ideas on what I should collect? I have no idea what I should focus on and need some assistance :,) I was thinking horses or birds. What do you all think??

it depends if you’d rather do something a little more complex or not . if you’d rather an easier time collecting , i would definitely suggest going for lower demand pets , or pets that have very few releases .
for more simple / easygoing ones , id probably recommend the following ;;
chameleons | chickens | draft horses | dwarf hamsters | horse | koi | macaw |
otters | pony | snake
jiji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:52 am

Horses can get tricky, if you start to factor in Tess horses and RBM lines, store pets, etc. I think birds are a little easier, but I like horses so I'm always biased towards them. There are some beautiful ones too!

Deer are a lot of fun to do! Rats are deceptively difficult, as are bunnies. Malk pets can be a blast! Fennec foxes and bats are a nice mix of tricky and accomplishable. Cats, depends if you want to go lineart by lineart. All the felines is tough!
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CarpetShark » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:33 pm

What are your goals on CS?
Collect all ponies

How close are you to completion?
Only 12 left! Most are the older ones but at the beginning of the year I was at 40 left. The last couple are going to be the hardest but I can’t wait to have it finished

How long have you worked on this goal?
Been collecting them on & off for a couple of years but only really started to get into trading for the older ones around Christmas.
Always looking for these guys!
CarpetShark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby G2FR. » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:33 pm

My goal is to collect all of the spiders!

I am at 53 out of 83(i believe that is the total I gotta recount) I am so close. :D
G2FR.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:10 pm

It depends on some factors.

If you go for the gusto and do every single outcome of the species, I highly recommend avoiding ones with URs. You also don't have to include store pets; they're not a mandatory thing for pet sets.

I feel like "easier" sets are:
Monkeys, snakes, otters, deer, either hamster, chameleons, maybe squids.

Medium sets to try:
Unicorns (Unickorn is up in the air on if it falls into this title), anything Nick, maybe Tess dragons, guinea pigs, drafts.

If you want really difficult sets (aka ones you'll hate yourself for doing*):
Lions, anything Malk (specifically foxes, dragons, cats, maybe spiders), store pets, bunnies, chickens (due to UR), UR foods.

*= I feel like everyone who has ever done these sets always has a moment of asking themselves "Why did I do this to myself?" so that's why this was added in! If not, I know I asked this to myself!
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spottedleaf16 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:08 pm

FreddyCenobite wrote:

It depends on some factors.

If you go for the gusto and do every single outcome of the species, I highly recommend avoiding ones with URs. You also don't have to include store pets; they're not a mandatory thing for pet sets.

I feel like "easier" sets are:
Monkeys, snakes, otters, deer, either hamster, chameleons, maybe squids.

Medium sets to try:
Unicorns (Unickorn is up in the air on if it falls into this title), anything Nick, maybe Tess dragons, guinea pigs, drafts.

If you want really difficult sets (aka ones you'll hate yourself for doing*):
Lions, anything Malk (specifically foxes, dragons, cats, maybe spiders), store pets, bunnies, chickens (due to UR), UR foods.

*= I feel like everyone who has ever done these sets always has a moment of asking themselves "Why did I do this to myself?" so that's why this was added in! If not, I know I asked this to myself!

I agree, ALMOST on all fronts. You are forgetting about this little fella : )

I contemplated collecting squids but the special release is holding me back. My bunny collection is breaking my heart enough ~cry~
RIP my boy <3

Looking for BUNNIES
she/her | new uni grad | PMs always open!
Spottedleaf16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby house4hippo » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:47 pm

I've been collecting bats and it's actually been really fun! it's a good challenge without being unrealistically difficult to complete. the 2010 ERs are definitely the ones I'm struggling to collect the most, but I started relatively recently and am already halfway through :) the bats are so cute tbh I feel like they're fairly underrated
Hello there I am a big nerd and I am proud
I really like Subnautica, Gravity Falls, Undertale, and Pokemon
Feel free to trade with me! Have a nice day!
house4hippo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby charliethebugfan » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Okay so I decided to just go ahead and collect all pets there are. I won't be desperate to complete it, just a fun little challenge and a reason to actually trade and be active. I have 2 concerns though.

1. Can a pet have PPS randomly? Like when it's not separately in the archive, You can't add it to wishlist, but there is a possibility it will appear?

2. How should I label my collection? I need a straight answer because I can't decide- I was thinking:
•Year
•Species (it's a bit tricky because some for example dogs resemble other animals)
•Rarity
•Months/Events (for example all Halloween pets, no matter the year, in one group etc.)

Thank you for any advice! ^^
charliethebugfan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me