The 'How much is this pet worth in C$?' Thread!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The 'How much is this pet worth in C$?' Thread!

Postby Hunith » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:38 am

Dec 18 2017 rerelease of the Pointy Pastel, Nov '08
I have been looking around at different guides and such and what I have been able to pick up abut this one typically lands at either extreme of "oh, that's worth so much" or "that's worth, like, nothing" or it isn't present. :( Help please? :)
Eldemore User: shieldmaiden333
Hunith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpiritX » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:40 am

What would an entire TD Zodiac set go for? Just incase I ever decide to trade them off together as a pack ^^
accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=6835214&userid=981441
-> LF Human art (offering C$, old rares, zodiacs, more)

Bracelet by Loelya @ CS
SpiritX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lura_Tomato » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:42 am

Pet's name: 2008 VR
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Sorry if I sound slow... How much is this'n worth?
Lura_Tomato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nobxdy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:47 am

Lura_Tomato wrote:Image
Pet's name: 2008 VR
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Sorry if I sound slow... How much is this'n worth?

A 2008 rare/vr is worth 55C$
Demand wise they most likely go for more
adult . male . loser
Just because you see a smile,
don't think you know what's hidden underneath.
nobxdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lasagna » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:11 am

Lasagna wrote:I was wondering how much these are worth is C$

2019 Store Pet
Veryrare

Veryrare

Rare
ImageImage Image

Old Usernames
- ClaraBanana
- p̶̎o̷̐t̴͌a̴͆t̴̃ò̷
-SourSkittle

Give me a Huggle??
Lasagna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VictorianBat » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:20 am

𝖂𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊’𝖘 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖇𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖔?

ImageImageImageImage
VictorianBat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 am

I think this was lost among the questions and replies on the thread so I'm just quoting it as the C$ amount the store pets are set at affects the trading advice people give out in the FTT and pet worth thread.

ElementalInsanity wrote:
I have not raised prices for the store pets yet other than adding 2020 and raising 2019 slightly.

The point that has been brought out in discussion is that if the 5c$ increment continues each year prices will get high quickly. Suggestions included:
•Not raising the prices this year other than what’s been done now.
•Raising the store pet C$ by a smaller increment to leave more room for personal choice if you desire it higher. (not sure how this would go other than raising things only by like... 2-3 up this year?)

lil rascal wrote:Personally I think the store pet prices should all be raised with the normal 5C$ increment. I'm not really sure why there would be concern about their prices getting too high. The reality is that the older ones are becoming rarer so there is reason for their prices to get higher.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skelita » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:17 am

Hi♥ Im Rie, trying to help where I can c: I have social axiety sorry if I act weird owo
Skelita

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby W0LF » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:29 am

lil rascal wrote:I think this was lost among the questions and replies on the thread so I'm just quoting it as the C$ amount the store pets are set at affects the trading advice people give out in the FTT and pet worth thread.

ElementalInsanity wrote:
I have not raised prices for the store pets yet other than adding 2020 and raising 2019 slightly.

The point that has been brought out in discussion is that if the 5c$ increment continues each year prices will get high quickly. Suggestions included:
•Raising the store pet C$ by a smaller increment to leave more room for personal choice if you desire it higher. (not sure how this would go other than raising things only by like... 2-3 up this year?)

lil rascal wrote:Personally I think the store pet prices should all be raised with the normal 5C$ increment. I'm not really sure why there would be concern about their prices getting too high. The reality is that the older ones are becoming rarer so there is reason for their prices to get higher.

I'd have to agree with lil rascal. ^

The lack of updating is only causing others to pop a random number off the top of their head IMO.
I have noticed that much of the advice in the FTT, is that pets (especially the store pets) are worth much more than what is being shown here already.
Often times with outlandish amounts being offered as advice to what is viewed as being "fair".

Someone had argued what I had quoted from this thread as being fair, stating that this guide is actually now very outdated & discontinued...

W0LF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:39 am

W0LFkiss wrote:
lil rascal wrote:I think this was lost among the questions and replies on the thread so I'm just quoting it as the C$ amount the store pets are set at affects the trading advice people give out in the FTT and pet worth thread.

ElementalInsanity wrote:

I'd have to agree with lil rascal. ^

The lack of updating is only causing others to pop a random number off the top of their head IMO.
I have noticed that much of the advice in the FTT, is that pets (especially the store pets) are worth much more than what is being shown here already.
Often times with outlandish amounts being offered as advice to what is viewed as being "fair".

Someone had argued what I had quoted from this thread as being fair, stating that this guide is actually now very outdated & discontinued...

Hi! Actually, that was me and again, 4-5 '09 rares would not be fair for a pet worth 3-4 mid advents comparatively (and probably a fair chunk more) rarity wise. The spring guardian dog also fetches that value pretty consistently I am told. The issue was not this guide, the issue was that you refused to listen when multiple people told you that the pet no longer trades for its list placement nor that the list placement was not fair for it rarity wise to start with.

The pet placements on the list are the issue as they are what is so very inaccurate, not the structure outlined by this guide as this is the structure that remains in use and will remain in use as long as people continue to refer to ballpark areas of the list (advent, September, low main, sorb, non, etc). What I was telling you is that just because a pet is listed at a price on this guide, it doesn't mean that specific pet isn't worth more. If the pet was placed somewhat correctly on the ex list, it's less of an issue.

Another thing you need to remember is that the biggest boom in site membership happened between 2011 and 2013ish, where site membership doubled. It is my opinion that there's a much bigger jump between what pre-12*ish* stores are worth and what the pets that came after that period are worth.

And as for the current store pets, they're available for 15c$ each. If an '11 r/vr is valued at 18-21c$ I think people are justified in valuing it in that ballpark, even if I'd agree with my previous opinion that a vr would be preferable.

Edit; for anybody interested the exchange I'm referencing can be found here.
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4247630&hilit=Spring+guardian&start=5010#p129008899
It goes on for a couple of pages.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me