Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Zeena » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:13 pm

anathema wrote:

hi staff! here's some things i've always been curious about...

1. how many hours a day do you dedicate to CS, particularly when it comes to skimming the forums with the intent to moderate content? for staff members who transitioned into full-fledged adulthood while being a moderator, have you found it harder over time to balance CS with everyday life (such as your job or schooling, taking care of pets or kids, etc.)?
    2. does anyone close to you IRL know that you work for a massively successful website with over half a million members? do they find it cool, quirky, weird/too niche for them to fully "get", or anything else of the sort? and if you feel comfortable sharing, what's your funniest memory or story of showing CS to someone you know?
    3. how helpful are members when it comes to reporting rule-breaking content?

1. I don't really look at the time anymore lol, I usually leave CS and discord chilling in the background while I do my school work. I typically end up browsing around a bit between studying or doing other stuff and if I see something that either needs immediate attention or is quick enough I can grab it, I'll usually do that. Otherwise if I've got some time I'll more actively go through things. It was definitely an adjustment at first since I was originally hired as a mod when I just finished my first degree so I had a bunch of time to dedicate to CS, and then once I started my second degree it became a bit harder to juggle everything as the years passed and things got more hectic. Overall though I'm fairly organized so I feel like I'm pretty good at balancing everything.

2. Nope! I've not really big on sharing my interests of pet games with anyone in real life, so no one really knows what I do on here. I'm very much "in the moment" where if I'm spending time with friends/family/etc. then I'm not on my phone or browsing through stuff and if I'm in class then I'm focused on that, so I don't really pull up CS enough for anyone to notice.

3. Tbh I think members deserve more credit, there's so much going on every day on CS so its impossible for the staff team to find everything. We really do appreciate reports and the dedication users have to making sure CS remains a safe and fun space c:

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:51 am

anathema wrote:

hi staff! here's some things i've always been curious about...

1. how many hours a day do you dedicate to CS, particularly when it comes to skimming the forums with the intent to moderate content? for staff members who transitioned into full-fledged adulthood while being a moderator, have you found it harder over time to balance CS with everyday life (such as your job or schooling, taking care of pets or kids, etc.)?
    2. does anyone close to you IRL know that you work for a massively successful website with over half a million members? do they find it cool, quirky, weird/too niche for them to fully "get", or anything else of the sort? and if you feel comfortable sharing, what's your funniest memory or story of showing CS to someone you know?
    3. how helpful are members when it comes to reporting rule-breaking content?

1. It really depends on what else I've got going on - some days I'm super busy or burnt out and don't have time to do much of anything, other days I have several hours where I can actually poke around. I usually read the boards because I want to talk about the new pets or see if there's anything interesting to reply to, and if I happen to stumble across something then I'll take care of it. Most of my work takes place behind-the-scenes these days. I definitely have less time than I did when I was a student, but unfortunately I think that's inevitable. I've grown up a lot since I started here, and now I have a full-time job, pets, relationships to maintain, etc. Finding a healthy balance is very important, and I'm thankful to have a supportive team where we can cover each other when life gets tough for one of us.

2. Yes, most of my close friends know. They don't really "get" it, but they'll tease me about it every now and then. They definitely know that I will never be available on December 17th at 7:00 PM EST. I have two stories about people finding out actually!

A few years ago, I was hanging out at a furry convention with someone that I was just becoming good friends with, and we were at a panel. It was rollover on CS so I got my phone out to adopt the new pets. I really love using the eye-blinding green theme, which definitely gave me away. She glances over and goes, "Are you on Chicken Smoothie?!" and I was shocked! She has an account and would play every now and then. Another incident was more recent - I was hanging out with my boyfriend, his roommate, and his roommate's boyfriend one evening, and the other couple are both furries so we were talking about our first fursonas. I was looking for mine on my phone and said, "Oh, I probably have a pic on Chicken Smoothie." Roommate's boyfriend goes "CHICKEN SMOOTHIE? MY SISTER PLAYS THAT GAME!" and when he showed me who his sister was, we all died laughing for a good five minutes - it's someone very well-known that I used to interact with on the forums all the time when I was younger! Small world.

3. Reports make up a majority of content that is dealt with, so it helps us immensely!

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:36 am

to artists,
is there any 2nd/3rd gen pairing that you want to do in the future? Or any particular species?
and/or
When you have a 2nd/3rd gen pairing with vastly different art styles per parent, how do you go about combining them?

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2023 Summer Event: Help, Questions & Answers

Postby gravy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:01 pm

What cabins are some of the staff members in?

ImageHello my names Jake!Image

signature art made by Surfhell
gravy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:30 am

gravy wrote:What cabins are some of the staff members in?

I'm in Green!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:37 am

Yess! Please answer all staff! :clap:
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:45 am

Not staff but I'd love to rep my cabin soo--

I'm in Chocolate cabin ! c:
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:51 am

Team berry! <3

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:49 am

Creamsicle lets goooooo

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winx » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:52 am

Team Chicken all the way!
blah

Hi there ya precious beans.

Always willing to help with trades
or pricing pet/item/C$ values ♥
Feel free to PM me!

Got a problem and
think CS staff could fix it?
Submit a ticket!

TH Characters

winx
Global Moderator