Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Rissa » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:24 pm

ButterflyChaser wrote:This week I got a pm from someone offering to trade me an advent pet for many of my my pets including some common, uncommon and my most rare egg hunt bunnies. The message said I could edit it if I want.

When I got to the actual trade I saw that they must have removed their pet or something, because in actuality they were offering nothing.

Was that some kind of scam that I would have fallen for if I would have clicked faster and possibly accepted before looking?

Yes, something like happened to me once. They offered a trade asking for a common pet of mine offering a rare-ish pet in return, then edited it and swapped the pets around, taking my rare-ish pet and giving me the common one. And I was naive and trusting enough not to realise and I accepted :x (Thinking to myself "OK, if you're sure..." Perhaps it was karma biting me in the backside for not offering more for a rareish pet XD but they did start the trade..)
Luckily Nick came to my rescue and replaced my missing pets <3
Rissa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Diabolic » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Okay, so I may be quite new on the site, but I'm not a complete MORON.
I wouldn't post this is the person was very new on the site, but they joined 2008.

I saw a thread in which the owner was looking for candy. I sent a trade on some common robot dogs, offering candy, since I collect the robots. I get the trade sent back to me.

Their side: 5 common robot dogs

My side: 2 lollies. Cerberos. Wood Angel. Drink Me dog. Eat Me dog. Red Halloween newborn dog. Two roadkill newborns.

I don't know, is this okay? I really want a wood winged, or cerberus, I will trade a 08' for all of these pets if it is okay with you.

...HOW SWEET OF YOU TO OFFER ONE 08 DOG. BECAUSE THE CERBERUS ALONE OBVIOUSLY COULDN'T GET ME AT LEAST 10.

I love the Cancel Trade button. I'd marry it if it were possible.
Image Image
Diabolic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rissa » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Holy crud! That's terrible! 0_o How could people think that was possibly fair? I'm pretty bad at rarities and I still know that's totally unfair..

And yes, definitely <3 for the cancel button!
Rissa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhost » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:41 pm

WELL. Now I'm annoyed.

Got a trade a few hours ago.

They wanted from me: Ice Shima PPS
They offered: Nouky cage newborn, horse newborn.

So I cancelled it with the message "I don't trade for newborns."

I logged out, then when I got back I had this message in a PM: "Why not?"

So I replied with this message:

Kiara wrote:Because:

a) I've already adopted to the limit, I don't need anymore until they've grown up.
b) No one can tell their rarities yet, for all we know they could be common.
c) The pet you asked for was uncommon, worth at least a September 08 pet.

xDD
    -
    she/they | adult | australia | artist | writer
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My name is Boo & I am perpetually tired.
    I have real bad anxiety so I take a while to respond
    to msgs sometimes, sorry!
    -
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:52 pm

Oh, but if they're newborns they might grow up into some uber-ultra-rare pet no one has seen before, so that makes them worth way more than any old Ice PPS; really, you should be thanking them for offering such a great deal! [/sarcasm] :lol: I've had a couple like that offering newborns for older pets - sometimes I take them if the dog they want isn't worth a huge lot and they ask nicely, but most of the time, no. Wow, DiabolicReality, that's a terrible trade. o.O The Wood Angel alone is worth more than most '08s.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhost » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Atwood wrote:Oh, but if they're newborns they might grow up into some uber-ultra-rare pet no one has seen before, so that makes them worth way more than any old Ice PPS; really, you should be thanking them for offering such a great deal! [/sarcasm] :lol:

Oh yes, now that you mention it, I really should've accepted it XD
    -
    she/they | adult | australia | artist | writer
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My name is Boo & I am perpetually tired.
    I have real bad anxiety so I take a while to respond
    to msgs sometimes, sorry!
    -
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:49 pm

rissa wrote:Yes, something like happened to me once. They offered a trade asking for a common pet of mine offering a rare-ish pet in return, then edited it and swapped the pets around, taking my rare-ish pet and giving me the common one. And I was naive and trusting enough not to realise and I accepted :x (Thinking to myself "OK, if you're sure..." Perhaps it was karma biting me in the backside for not offering more for a rareish pet XD but they did start the trade..)
Luckily Nick came to my rescue and replaced my missing pets <3

I was pretty nice to them. I put right before canceling the trade "I don't see anything offered here..."

Oh and I can't forget to mention someone who offered me one of those mint green and brown frog butterfly wolves for my dark purple one. They suggested it may be a pet I don't have, but I have quite a bit. I just happen to not care as much for that color as some of the others of that set so I put all but one in my trades. The dark purple butterfly wolf was traded to me as sort of a gift from a friend in exchange for the rare spider I had available.

At least it wasn't one of the more common butterfly wolves. But still no deal. I was pretty kind to them. I just said I only had one and wasn't going to trade it.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jimmy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:50 am

Someone just sent me a trade offer. My drink me dog, nothing on their side and a simple "?" in the message.
Ughh. no.
Jimmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MusicEmily » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:03 am

Jimmy wrote:Someone just sent me a trade offer. My drink me dog, nothing on their side and a simple "?" in the message.
Ughh. no.

that seems to be the most popular thing; aloong with "trade?" or "please?"
MusicEmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Theophilus » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:06 am

*angry* I just accidentally accepted a begging trade for an either Fiery Gatoh birthday cat or an April Fool's day cat... I forget.. I sent a message saying that she should read my rules and everythiing, but it was an acceptance message. *facepalm*
Theophilus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me