CS Rares+ Guide

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Poll 3: How would you like valuable pets to be tiered?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:15 pm

-By non value, like how the FTT does, and structured like the old list was!
29%
-I'd like to see a new way of sorting the list! (Comment your idea!)
27%
-I just want to see the results.
44%

Total votes : 160

Re: CS Rares+ Guide [Vote in Poll 3!]

Postby Liliette » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Demand the only reason any valuable pet has any value at all ever. Rarity and demand shouldn’t Be mixed because they are different And like to mesh, but a demand list can Be incredibly beneficial if done right.

I'm sorry but. This just isnt true?
The only reason (aside from personal taste and few stores being popular like the raven dog) store pets as a whole have higher demand nowadays is because people realized with each year, they get rarer and rarer due to it not being rereleased.

Nobody cared about the skelebun until it turned omgsr and is viewed as the rarest pet on CS. Its demand skyrocketed BECAUSE it became omgsr.

While demand does give value to pets, rarity alone gives a pet a value.
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Rares+ Guide [Vote in Poll 3!]

Postby mars » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:19 am

Liliette wrote:
    what is the difference between this new list and the old list? What makes better that it will solve the issues of the last one so it wont get locked again? It just feels like a repeat except now we are adding pets that are also rare.

There Is no way to satisfy everybody but you have to admit that adding demand to a list will make many people uneasy. Who's to say that adding a pet such as the shima longtail (which is rare, and while does have outrageous demand it's not hard to obtain since so many users have it and are willing to trade it), increase the demand even more since it is going to be considered a 'list' pet.

Although some pets have steady demand, it is by no means a linear value...demand can change so much within a year. And then, do you keep updating it constantly when theres a shift in demand?

I dont know about this one...I feel like it's just going to get locked again.

I agree with this 100%.

when the old list was locked, we all agreed that there would be no big list again. it was alright to create small lists here and there for personal use, or lists based exclusively on actual data of pet numbers since that could not be argued, but none were supposed to be a repeat of the original. it seems like this list is becoming a new duplicate of that one which is why we are unhappy and would like it changed.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Rares+ Guide

Postby ThunderCedar » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:28 am

Eatha wrote:The old rares list was a ''community'' built thing, therefore dadwarf and other people listened to the community when implementing things.
They ALSO listened to the community when the community was saying to RETIRE the list.

True. This list seems to be a recreation of the discontinued one, but worse.

When a big number of people shared an opinion on the discontinued list, it was taken into consideration, and eventually voted on - even if the OP didn't necessarily agree. When you own a "community driven" thread, you have to accept that, sometimes, you will have to make changes you don't necessarily agree with. That includes taking down the thread if it is found to be causing more harm than good.

Saying things like "I will never do this - quit asking" is a big red flag. Who's to say OP won't start doing this with pet placements that they just so happen to disagree with, as well?

Listening to the community only when they agree with you is, at the end of the day, no different from making a list based on your personal opinion alone.
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittytalia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:34 am

Ultimatum 2...

Dear everyone, I am not stressed over this list, nor over the backlash, and I can confidently handle both this project as well as all the updates it clearly requires. This list is going to happen, and I am sorry to announce that I am no longer going to listen to posts spoken with the sole purpose of discontinuing this list. I apologize, but it cannot be a community project, nor a helpful guide if it does not exist.
Thank you for your concern for the community. I firmly believe that this will help people, especially those casual players and returning users who need something up-to-date to look at in order to correctly value their pets.
If this changes how people trade and see values, then it is doing its job and providing a good, general reference for value.

Addendum
I do not believe that anyone here is being hateful, nor am I okay with either side calling each other out in this way, whether in understanding of my side nor if you are simply looking out for the rest of the community. I would like each of you to think about where I am coming from in the creation of this guide, and especially look at how you are talking to your fellow CS friends. We all love and play on the same site, and should all love and understand each other. I do not want anyone's experience on here to be ruined over a new guide's existence.
You are all special, amazing people, and I hope that we can continue to work together to create an effective and working list <3

To those in support...
To everyone who has shown support for this project, and to everyone who has contributed ideas, I appreciate you and your words very much. I am proud to be the creator of a project that people have shown honest investment in, and if you are afraid to contribute your ideas here, you can always pm me. I would love to see that (1 new) in my pms, and I am also open to communication regarding any aspect of this guide.
I am reading everything you say, and considering everything. You have all been heard c:
ImageImageImage
Kittytalia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:46 am

Aoakiyoru wrote:
    Eatha wrote:The old rares list was a ''community'' built thing, therefore dadwarf and other people listened to the community when implementing things.
    They ALSO listened to the community when the community was saying to RETIRE the list.

True. This list seems to be a recreation of the discontinued one, but worse.

When a big number of people shared an opinion on the discontinued list, it was taken into consideration, and eventually voted on - even if the OP didn't necessarily agree. When you own a "community driven" thread, you have to accept that, sometimes, you will have to make changes you don't necessarily agree with. That includes taking down the thread if it is found to be causing more harm than good.

Saying things like "I will never do this - quit asking" is a big red flag. Who's to say OP won't start doing this with pet placements that they just so happen to disagree with, as well?

Listening to the community only when they agree with you is, at the end of the day, no different from making a list based on your personal opinion alone.

these points are incredibly valid here. you cannot have something be community-run if you decide to go against the community's word and do your own thing regardless of what everyone is saying.

the community can survive just fine without a list like this. we've survived so far without the rares list and we can continue to survive. there are other resources available to new players.

is it alright to make smaller, more personal lists? yes. you are more than welcome to do that, but you seem to write this list with the hope of it becoming official or being used by everyone within the community and that's exactly what we've been trying to get rid of from the start. we don't want any cs lists or guides like this anymore unless they're based on information and not opinions, like the project to count the pets or the list of dates that pets changed rarities. anything that involves demand is destined for failure from the start because of how often demand changes and how it's simply different to every individual. you can't write a list like that that will work and the rares list proved it.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

on discord @ mars_v_e

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:49 am

Kittytalia wrote:
Ultimatum 2...

Dear everyone, I am not stressed over this list, nor over the backlash, and I can confidently handle both this project as well as all the updates it clearly requires. This list is going to happen, and I am sorry to announce that I am no longer going to listen to posts spoken with the sole purpose of discontinuing this list. I apologize, but it cannot be a community project, nor a helpful guide if it does not exist.
Thank you for your concern for the community. I firmly believe that this will help people, especially those casual players and returning users who need something up-to-date to look at in order to correctly value their pets.
If this changes how people trade and see values, then it is doing its job and providing a good, general reference for value.

it's... not a community list if you aren't listening to the community though? we DON'T want it. if you want it, rename it, "kittytalia's guide for rares and up" take cs out of it because a, we know it would be a guide for this site, and b, it isn't an official list by a mod. others can follow it if they want, but it seems like its a more personal list for yourself...
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:50 am

ajohanna wrote:
Kittytalia wrote:
Ultimatum 2...

it's... not a community list if you aren't listening to the community though? we DON'T want it. if you want it, rename it, "kittytalia's guide for rares and up" take cs out of it because a, we know it would be a guide for this site, and b, it isn't an official list by a mod. others can follow it if they want, but it seems like its a more personal list for yourself...

Just because parts of the community don't want it, doesn't mean the part of the community who do want it can't contribute to the thread. It's still a community thread.
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:53 am

ajohanna wrote:
Kittytalia wrote:
Ultimatum 2...

Agreed. The community does not want this list. Make it a personal list and its totally fine.

But saying this is a community project while refusing to listen or engage with said community means it's not a community project. It's a personal project that you're trying to force on us.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:54 am

Targaryen wrote:
ajohanna wrote:
Kittytalia wrote:
Ultimatum 2...

Just because parts of the community don't want it, doesn't mean the part of the community who do want it can't contribute to the thread. It's still a community thread.

they aren't listening to the MAJORITY of people on here though. the majority do not want it because it will ruin the trading hub again just like the other one did. yes, it seems like a good idea at first, but there's going to be so much backlash and a lot more rude people. they are only listening to the people who are agreeing with them.

they even REFUSED to put up a poll to see if the community even WANTED a list. if they want a list, then they should make it for them with their name like i said before.
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:58 am

Targaryen wrote:Just because parts of the community don't want it, doesn't mean the part of the community who do want it can't contribute to the thread. It's still a community thread.

no one is saying that it has to go away completely or that you won't be able to contribute to it - we just want the name changed and for it to become more of a personal project than an official one for the site. we do not want it to seem official in any way, shape, or form to mislead players into thinking that it is the law to trade by because we are trying to avoid a repeat of the rares list, but smaller, personal or group project lists are a-okay as long as they stay just that - a tiny, personal or group project.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

on discord @ mars_v_e

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups