If CS had sponsors, what sponsored pets would you wanna see?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: If CS had sponsors, what sponsored pets would you wanna

Postby AnxiousAvian » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:56 pm

ShadowKatto wrote:…Would it really be wrong for CS to have one or two “sponsored pets” every like, 6 months?

Depends on what you mean by sponsored and depends on who you ask!

If it's actual product placement, yes! Several sites whose main demographic is kids (while i'm uncertain if this is still the case for CS, it is still marketed as family friendly) have gotten into hot water over this very issue. Club penguin, Neopets, and Roblox to name a few. Kids are vulnerable, easily swayed, and that's exactly what advertisement aims to do! They try to sell you products, and since kids are easily manipulated, they are the easiest market to sell to. Companies can easily sway kids on concepts such as being "the best headphones ever" and then they'll go to their parents and beg for them and sell more product. Kids aren't as capable as reasoning as adults, so they are more likely to take what is being said at face value and may result in issues of exploitation etc. etc.

If it's like what some other peoples have suggested, doing collabs with similar sites --? Probably not a huge deal.

- ♡ -
♡ Avi
♡ Adult
♡ Birthday - Jan 3rd
- ♡ -

AnxiousAvian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sui » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:41 am

I would prefer it if we didn't have pets that existed solely to be obnoxious product placement.
(And no thank you to advertisement items too.)
Last edited by Sui on Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

  | Avatar | Signature | Usernames |

- Adult (and very boring).
- Also known online as Gira / Giratina.
- Good at seeming more serious than intended.
- May accidentally sound rude, sorry.

ImageImageImage
Sui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:45 am

AnxiousAvian wrote:
ShadowKatto wrote:…Would it really be wrong for CS to have one or two “sponsored pets” every like, 6 months?

If it's actual product placement, yes! Several sites whose main demographic is kids (while i'm uncertain if this is still the case for CS, it is still marketed as family friendly) have gotten into hot water over this very issue. Club penguin, Neopets, and Roblox to name a few. Kids are vulnerable, easily swayed, and that's exactly what advertisement aims to do! They try to sell you products, and since kids are easily manipulated, they are the easiest market to sell to. Companies can easily sway kids on concepts such as being "the best headphones ever" and then they'll go to their parents and beg for them and sell more product. Kids aren't as capable as reasoning as adults, so they are more likely to take what is being said at face value and may result in issues of exploitation etc. etc.

If it's like what some other peoples have suggested, doing collabs with similar sites --? Probably not a huge deal.

Yeah, that makes sense.
I wish there was a way it could work though. I’d love having a cute little happy meal item for my pets (even if it’s not possible because McDonald’s is a ginormous company that only collabs with giant brands)!
Maybe there could be a little (ok not a little, a BIG) disclaimer telling kids not to purchase anything without a parent’s permission? And the “sponsored pets” in question DEFINITELY CANNOT be store pets that could cost real money.
I think sponsored pets would be cool if it could work. Mostly because I want new Warrior Cats but also because of all the other possibilities.
I feel like I don’t mind sponsored things as much as other people. If I see someone that I’m not interested in buying, I ignore it, even if it’s shoved in my face. Ads don’t really bother me much for whatever reason.

Ok now I feel like an evil capitalist
June is Scoliosis Awareness Month! :mrgreen:

Pet's name: Pro-Spr
Pet's name: Kai (海)
Pet's name: Literally me
Happy pride month btw! :3
ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnxiousAvian » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:13 am

I'm sure there's ways for items like that to be made without said sponsorship! Obviously CS can't use the signature M or whatever but I'm sure they could make similar little to go boxes and burgers and fries and stuff -- if said things don't exist already idk I'm not too familiar with all the items in CS existence.

- ♡ -
♡ Avi
♡ Adult
♡ Birthday - Jan 3rd
- ♡ -

AnxiousAvian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:05 am

AnxiousAvian wrote:

Product placements also just promotes an unhealthy, unsustainable relationship with our planet and the nature that lives on it. I just don't like it.
I would be a lot less against actual characters from whatever franchises because it's not that consumerism and wasteful compared to materialism.

I'd prefer if CS stayed away from sponsorships though, I like that they use their own "brand" to make generic products of everyday items and food, if they brand the pets and items at all.
Would it be fun to get actual branded Disney pets? Sure, but ain't nothing wrong with the imagination and creativity of the CS artists :D
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:58 am

Minimanta wrote:
AnxiousAvian wrote:

Product placements also just promotes an unhealthy, unsustainable relationship with our planet and the nature that lives on it. I just don't like it.
I would be a lot less against actual characters from whatever franchises because it's not that consumerism and wasteful compared to materialism.

I'd prefer if CS stayed away from sponsorships though, I like that they use their own "brand" to make generic products of everyday items and food, if they brand the pets and items at all.
Would it be fun to get actual branded Disney pets? Sure, but ain't nothing wrong with the imagination and creativity of the CS artists :D

I never said the creativity of CS’s artists was wrong. I was just curious about all the possibilities that could come from sponsorships if they were possible. There’d obviously be normal monthly pets still.
This is only a hypothetical thread, there’s no way CS could ever be sponsored by anything, it’s too niche. I intended this thread to only be for pet ideas anyways.

ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squecca » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:41 pm

I wouldn't like to see literal product placement or sponsors because of issues brought up here already, but loosely or theoretically, I think it would be fun to have some pets inspired by the Berenstain Bears, Little House on the Prairie (could be too controversial or offensive though), Donkey Kong, Toontown (the game), Max and Ruby, Minecraft, Spongebob, and more of Sanrio and Spyro. I might add more as I think of them!
And since it's in the public domain, I would love to see some pets based on Aesop's fables!
Image Image
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:20 pm

Squecca wrote:I wouldn't like to see literal product placement or sponsors because of issues brought up here already, but loosely or theoretically, I think it would be fun to have some pets inspired by the Berenstain Bears, Little House on the Prairie (could be too controversial or offensive though), Donkey Kong, Toontown (the game), Max and Ruby, Minecraft, Spongebob, and more of Sanrio and Spyro. I might add more as I think of them!
And since it's in the public domain, I would love to see some pets based on Aesop's fables!

YES MAX AND RUBY!!!!
I think Winnie the Pooh is also in the public domain so I think we can have a pet based on him

ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spacekkng » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:12 am

Honestly, the idea of sponsorships (maybe collaborations may be a better word?), would be very interesting!

This may be because, during my time as an ASM for Vans, I was responsible for conducting the collab launches. We had some really fun ones and I won't lie, having two of my favorite things combined made it exciting.

I'd love to see some pop-culture collaborations, items and/or pets inspired by popular TV shows, books, and movies (Doctor Who, Warrior Cats, Marvel, etc.). Unfortunately because of the way CS runs (free to play), I don't see it happening. Companies/Brands and such aren't too willing to give out rights to their things without hefty payment. It's nice to dream though!

╔═══════════════════════════╗
♛. Discord .Art Shop ♛
♛ DeviantArtToyHouse ♛
╚═══════════════════════════╝

"Never be cruel. Never be cowardly.
Hate is always foolish. Love is always wise.
Always try to be nice, but never fail to be
kind" -The 12th Doctor
Married to Zamello
PMs are always open.

✦ Obsessed with Space ✦
✦ Adult Player ✦
✦ Cat Person ✦
✦ Graphic Design Freelancer ✦