Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

If this goes ahead would you apply to become a replier?

no
38%
yes - higher value trades / items
15%
yes - bulk trades / items
No votes
yes - uncommon and below
13%
Yes - C$
15%
Yes - Rares / very rares / Exremely rares
20%

Total votes : 40

Re: Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Postby Yunjin » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:52 am

Another 2 cents as to why I would suggest Discord to make this more manageable? The thread would not need to rely on mods/admins on CS to move or delete posts. Role colors could easily be used to differentiate who is a "helper" and who isn't. I was only in one CS Discord server (CSDS) and they had a trade advice channel. I don't believe they had a system where only approved helpers responded, though. I do think it would be ok people to give their 2 cents, even if they're not "approved", as long as they have some support or evidence for it. If it was super bad/troll advice, a Discord mod could go and delete it.

Another concern: Would people be willing to become trade helpers? It’s basically volunteering and can be demanding. Unfortunately, there’s not really any reason to do it other than being nice 😭
Yunjin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:01 am

Haruko, wrote:Another 2 cents as to why I would suggest Discord to make this more manageable? The thread would not need to rely on mods/admins on CS to move or delete posts. Role colors could easily be used to differentiate who is a "helper" and who isn't. I was only in one CS Discord server (CSDS) and they had a trade advice channel. I don't believe they had a system where only approved helpers responded, though. I do think it would be ok people to give their 2 cents, even if they're not "approved", as long as they have some support or evidence for it. If it was super bad/troll advice, a Discord mod could go and delete it.

Another concern: Would people be willing to become trade helpers? It’s basically volunteering and can be demanding. Unfortunately, there’s not really any reason to do it other than being nice 😭

Discords definitely an option if something cant be done on site. Fundamentally its the best set up however not everyone uses/ has access to it so those people would be lost for support

Well people reply now, and yes it would be volunteering in a sense as you would have an obligation to respond a little however It would be for your own benefit. If its something you're knowledgeable in / trade a lot in , the more people you help and educate the more people you have to trade with. You are right but chicken smoothie has such a lovely community, I think as long as we dont make becoming approved hard to do (you have to pass but i mean hard to understand how to apply type thing)

I have played CS for a while sp It wouldnt go amiss that ill be gifting people who do contribute to this system to, the more people actively trading and enjoying CS the more I enjoy this game so If people needed that reward incentive we could even do rare pet give aways for people who are repliers once a month :lol:

Though you are right, I put a poll up on the first page, the amount of people who said they would help vs no is already a decent percentage and not to many people have answered yet
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glitter » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:24 am

just wanted to hop in and say you should allow for people to select multiple options on ur poll cause i personally would be comfortable helping ppl in 4 of the categories and i'm sure most people could do 2+
[𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫]
════════════
(¯`· she/her
..`·. x est ·´¯)
entp 5w4 .·´
════════════
.Image
Image Image

════════════════════════
old user is royale | pms welcome.
uni student majoring in stats and
ecology/evolution [ ♡ ] trade me!
Image Image
░░ ░░░░░
collections
dwrf hamsters
owls,‎ squid, bats
pps bws, '19 fae,
‎'11 faire, bettas !
my sig shop
════════════

glitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:26 am

glitter wrote:just wanted to hop in and say you should allow for people to select multiple options on ur poll cause i personally would be comfortable helping ppl in 4 of the categories and i'm sure most people could do 2+

Oh damn lol I thought it was on that :lol: updating now
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fιяєfℓу » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:22 am

I feel like this is a nice idea, but could be tricky to execute. Our current way of trading, with "nons" and "mas" is not official, but completly user made up. Officially, anyone is allowed to value their pets the way they want. Which means no user could be excluded from posting on the thread, based on an unofficial system, especially since it is staff owned.

Now, I do think this is an interesting idea as a complement for the ftt. I do believe it should be kept to higher values only though. The ftt can handle the lower tier trades alright as there's plenty of people who can answer basic uncommon/rare swaps. If you were to approve people to answer those kind of trades it'd be half the site probably.

I suggest an item section, a store pet section, and a "List" section (ER-OMGSR) trades. Those are the kind of trades that I generally see sitting on the ftt for longer because they get lost in the middle of others and are more prone to bad advice. Maybe a Bulk section could be useful too (maybe like, 20+ pets).

If I were I were a player who happened to stumble upon a rarer pet (on dec 18th or gifts or whatever) and didn't know much about the rarity system I'd definitely be much more comfortable by knowing I'm asking for advice from a group of knowledgeable and reputable people than a place where everyone can say whatever they want.

Overall this is a great idea, but, again, excluding people from posting could be messy so it should be done very carefully.
fιяєfℓу

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:39 am

fιяєfℓу wrote:I feel like this is a nice idea, but could be tricky to execute. Our current way of trading, with "nons" and "mas" is not official, but completly user made up. Officially, anyone is allowed to value their pets the way they want. Which means no user could be excluded from posting on the thread, based on an unofficial system, especially since it is staff owned.

Now, I do think this is an interesting idea as a complement for the ftt. I do believe it should be kept to higher values only though. The ftt can handle the lower tier trades alright as there's plenty of people who can answer basic uncommon/rare swaps. If you were to approve people to answer those kind of trades it'd be half the site probably.

I suggest an item section, a store pet section, and a "List" section (ER-OMGSR) trades. Those are the kind of trades that I generally see sitting on the ftt for longer because they get lost in the middle of others and are more prone to bad advice. Maybe a Bulk section could be useful too (maybe like, 20+ pets).

If I were I were a player who happened to stumble upon a rarer pet (on dec 18th or gifts or whatever) and didn't know much about the rarity system I'd definitely be much more comfortable by knowing I'm asking for advice from a group of knowledgeable and reputable people than a place where everyone can say whatever they want.

Overall this is a great idea, but, again, excluding people from posting could be messy so it should be done very carefully.

I agree tbh I think its the ma + value stuff thats mixed up the most so even if its just for those trades I think It would be helpful but I think It might benefit all levels of trading just probably not to the same degree

Tbh I said earlier i think once we get to ma+ values we really ought to redo the values completly (not their worths but like names and such to make it easier for people coming in to learn as ma beings diddlysquat to a new play)

I think your right also in it maybe being messy by excluding people from replying but thats not the aim, Its just encouraging peple to reply in their areas. Like if someone said to me about not replying to a mass uncommon and below trade yh fair enough i wouldnt have a clue. BUT I am heavily promoting users that are not the official repliers to dispute a reply if they dont agree, with evidence of course. This would be one of the ways we stay on top of our repliers and also lets people who dont want to apply help contribute too if they see something they dont like.

Revised - I think this could be an unofficial advice thread alongside the FTT for the more unique trades, the higher lists / store pets/ C$ / items ect. That way the official FTT stays the main used for the R/uncommon trades as they tend to get solid advice on there at the moment but it also creates the space for people who do these 'less common' trades to get replies from people who actually do have a clue what theyre on about in that particular area.
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fιяєfℓу » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:05 am

Bluefly26799 wrote:On the note of it being staff owned thread, I'd make the suggestion that it be a committee ran thing. Say 5 players with minimum 2 being official CS staff that keep on top of modding the threads and reviewing applications/ repliers. Give the community a bit more responsibility in keeping itself in shape type thing.

I don't think that would work at all. Our way of trading is subjective and if someone says their omgsr non is worth the same as an omgsr advent rat because they trade by rarity and want to trade it for that they can, and they can say it's fair. The staff can't exclude people because of that. Everyone is allowed to value pets differently. That's why the approval system couldn't be implemented on the ftt itself, only on an user owned thread.
fιяєfℓу

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:09 am

fιяєfℓу wrote:
Bluefly26799 wrote:On the note of it being staff owned thread, I'd make the suggestion that it be a committee ran thing. Say 5 players with minimum 2 being official CS staff that keep on top of modding the threads and reviewing applications/ repliers. Give the community a bit more responsibility in keeping itself in shape type thing.

I don't think that would work at all. Our way of trading is subjective and if someone says their omgsr non is worth the same as an omgsr advent rat because they trade by rarity and want to trade it for that they can, and they can say it's fair. The staff can't exclude people because of that. Everyone is allowed to value pets differently. That's why the approval system couldn't be implemented on the ftt itself, only on an user owned thread.

I 100% agree with this reply to that, after looking back i revisited that response after taking that into account. I think Ideally these threads should push " community consensus fair " by providing evidence of recent trades or forums where its been referenced as opposed to opinion based replies.

Im not sure i agree they could push that the example they gave was 'fair' mind you, It might have been okay for both parties involved but looking at the community consensus it wasn't. What one person agrees with due to whatever personal reasons they have doesnt make it 'fair' or at least the 'community consensus fair /CCF ' . Yeah I think you're right this needs to be a user driven thread as pushing this community fairness over personal opinions needs to be at the forefront of these additional threads
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:28 am

Personally I think the problem with the fair trade thread is that we have an official fair trade thread these days. It made sense back when rarities were more vague but with the new rarity system the FTT is just a relic of the past trying to enforce all the old rules of trading.

CS should be encouraging people to use and look at successful trade threads, a variety of guides and use their own personal preferences for trading.

Having official repliers in FTTs will, in my opinion, make the issues worse as you than give a small group of people the power to control the economy and demand for the whole site. How many times have you seen someone reply in the FTT with “x has good demand and even though they are overpaying a lot with y and z I would keep x”. Yet many people have things like the cucumber or zebras, not the Tiger, sun or moon dogs, as their dreamies. CS needs to start allowing people to decide for themselves what pets they prefer.

I do like the suggestions of having a seperate forum for guides like other sites have to make it easier for people to find them.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:54 am

lil rascal wrote:Personally I think the problem with the fair trade thread is that we have an official fair trade thread these days. It made sense back when rarities were more vague but with the new rarity system the FTT is just a relic of the past trying to enforce all the old rules of trading.

CS should be encouraging people to use and look at successful trade threads, a variety of guides and use their own personal preferences for trading.

Having official repliers in FTTs will, in my opinion, make the issues worse as you than give a small group of people the power to control the economy and demand for the whole site. How many times have you seen someone reply in the FTT with “x has good demand and even though they are overpaying a lot with y and z I would keep x”. Yet many people have things like the cucumber or zebras, not the Tiger, sun or moon dogs, as their dreamies. CS needs to start allowing people to decide for themselves what pets they prefer.

I do like the suggestions of having a seperate forum for guides like other sites have to make it easier for people to find them.

I fully agree with this would would be recommending that exact style of reply. I always recommend the successful trades thread, in my opinion its this games best resource. But if the replies that we are providing have the data / evidence to back up the claims then surly that helps?

The people with the 'power' as you say would be subject to being called out by any user anytime if they can justify why they're being unfair. I feel it would be similar to how it is now but just remove the bad advice and in its place keep the data driven responses. For me value = supply + demand. for ma + value pets the demands already part of the equation so shouldnt be taken into account in the advice. If its fiar and both parties are happy demand doesnt play into it. Now personal I trade for trading not collecting/hoarding so ill always go for the better demand stuff. But as you say people dreamies can be anything so there should be a none bias way to support players
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me