Grand Exchange: A Different Take on the Trading Dilemma?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Grand Exchange: A Different Take on the Trading Dilemma?

Postby ShadowKatto » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:22 pm

Feather <3 wrote:
Hearticorn wrote:this seems like it might be a popular enough idea you could make a suggestion in the suggestions forum! but it's up to you op :D

Oh shoot! I'd love to, maybe I made this in the wrong forum? Is it better to create a duplicate thread over there?

Probably
June is Scoliosis Awareness Month! :mrgreen:

Pet's name: Pro-Spr
Pet's name: Kai (海)
Pet's name: Literally me
Happy pride month btw! :3
ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinobi's Lamina » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:13 am

Love the idea as an addition, would make it nice to trade pets by lookin* for what people want that I have and fulfilling trades.
Lights OFF

You may visit every 24 hours

Dreamie right now is the space pirate store items from this year.
I pay 1CS for any 10 pets and 1 C$ for any 25 items
Shinobi's Lamina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neeko nordestina » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:36 am

This is what the swaps thread was supposed to be, but sadly the rules aren't inforced and people seem to be allowed to use it however they want. I fully support this idea, but I don't see this working. As soon as the person who posted gets offered what they wanted by more than 1 person, they tend to turn it into an unnoficial auction. This happened to me multiple times when offering what was asked on the swaps threads
Neeko nordestina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Feather <3 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:24 pm

I would hope that this remains a system where the first matching trade confirms the exchange. So you can't get multiple offers or treat the system as a way to do unofficial auctions! I think that way you *have* to be offering in good faith because once you put the trade up, anyone could complete it at any time :)

Other trades or auctions could still be done via the forums!

.:Featured Pet:.

Pet's name: Evelyn [♀] <3

Time brings all things to pass.
--Aeschylus

> Always looking to trade!
Feather <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolarSonnet » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:51 pm

Massive support on this one. I'd also love to be able to link it to certain groups.

This might be way out-there, but I was thinking about having a group where it's "x:1 swaps" and if you have a hoard you can be like, "I'll x:1 swap any pet in group y for z pet". And so when someone makes an offer of Z Pet for X amount of pets in Group Y, the trade auto-completes.

Let's say I'm hoarding a specific 2023 Common Pet. And so I put a bunch of other 2023 Commons in a group, I could link that group to the GE and say "I'll 1:1 Swap any pet in this group for this 2023 Common"

--

I'd also love if the GE would Auto-Match trades.

For example, someone says they're looking for a 2020 Rare Dog for their specific 2020 Rare Deer Pet.

If someone puts up a trade for their 2020 Rare Dog and specifically asks for a 2020 Rare Deer, or that 2020 rare deer exactly, then the GE would match those two people together automatically and complete the trade.

And if there were multiple people who had the deer who wanted a dog, then the GE would pick chronologically- the first person who posted that they wanted the dog for the deer, would get the dog.

--

Another cool thing would be being able to put up C$.

You put up an amount of C$ (rather than a pet) and say "I want this pet, and this is the amount of C$ I am prepared to offer for it."

If somebody puts up that pet for that amount (or less) C$, the GE auto-completes the offer, averages the amount of C$, and returns the extra to you.

I.E. You say you're willing to offer 500 C$ for a pet, someone puts one up for 300 C$, the GE auto-averages the amount of C$ so that you only pay 400 C$ for the pet, paying less than you bargained for, and the person who put the pet up gets 400 C$, getting more than they bargained for out of it. This way, both sides of the trade feel like they got more out of the trade than they initially expected, and walk away happier than they would have been otherwise.

This prevents somebody putting up a pet for C$ and then realizing they could have sold it to someone else for more being too disappointed in their action. They didn't look, and got averaged out. It's fair game, and they did get more than they were looking for initially.

It also prevents somebody who put up a C$ amount for a pet feeling sad or ripped off by the fact they could have gotten it for less if they just looked first. They still paid less than they put up, so it's alright.

The alternative methods of either:
Paying the amount that the person offering the pet put down.
or
Paying the amount that the person offering the C$ put down.

Leaves one person benefitting more than the other. If someone offers 500 C$ and pays 500 C$, but the other person only asked for 300 C$, that's 'ripping off' the person who paid 500 C$ because they only asked for 300.

If it's the other way around, where the person who offered the C$ only pays 300 C$ and gets the other 200 C$ back, it's 'ripping off' the person who put up the pet for the C$.

An averaging method makes it so that nobody is discourged to put up C$ amounts for pets, or pets for C$.
Solar/Wish ✄ He/Him ✄ DM for Commission Info and/or TH ✄ ©

Poll Three + New Google Form up now! Discuss and Vote on New Trading Guidelines
here!

︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾
SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Feather <3 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:06 pm

Absolutely love the idea of having CS$ be something you can ask for!

Also, I went to the suggestions forum and found someone else had just suggested something very similar, so I'll link that here rather than starting something new! Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4902752&p=143099081#p143087450

.:Featured Pet:.

Pet's name: Evelyn [♀] <3

Time brings all things to pass.
--Aeschylus

> Always looking to trade!
Feather <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neeko nordestina » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:28 pm

Averaging C$ might be a bit complicated to do coding wise, maybe it could give a warning like "there are offers asking for/offering less/more C$ than what you're offering, would you still like to proceed?"
This way the user would know they should do a search before making their offer.
She/Her | INTP | ADHD

Hi, you can call me Neeko! I'm a bit shy and rarely talk to other users, but always feel free to send me a trade.
Neeko nordestina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yunjin » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:13 pm

Bump for visibility. I like the idea of trades being auto-matched + the flexibility of seeing what others are offering to be able to consider all your options for a trade.
Yunjin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaceWhiskey » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:32 pm

Support +1

As long as the normal trades still exist, like op mentioned.
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████

+
|
|
|
|
+

....isfp-t | capricorn | female

...My inbox is always open if you
...need someone to talk to/listen
...You are worth something and
...you do deserve to be happy

.......... TradesArt Shop
LaceWhiskey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sono » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:52 pm

VERY cool idea! I really like this concept (in addition to the current system). Amazing ingenuity and thought went into this.

Trading has become very...strange now. When I offer a trade to someone (usually with a slight overpay as my offer), I'm getting edits that request insane overpays. It's unusual. This really could revive trading here in a huge way. Fingers crossed we see something like this implemented in the future! :thumbup:
xxxxImage
x▬▬𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉▬▬
.Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Yo~

My favorite band is PVRIS!

Pronouns: she/her

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙸𝚂 ! ! ! xxx░░░███

𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙸𝚂 ! ! ! xxx░░░███

𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙸𝚂 ! ! ! xxx░░░███

xxx𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧xxxxxxxx ░░░███