Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Postby houndoom » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:06 am

DaDwarf wrote:Shiny new thread! Who wants to do a hoard challange with me? In september, pick 1 pet you want to hoard and see how many of you can get before the end of the month! We can compare scores at the start of the next month!

To make it extra challenging, try to pick a pet you dont already have many off! We'll start september 1st?

i like this idea a lot πŸ‘πŸ‘ i havent had a big hoard project in a while, im gonna scour a pet i want to hoard and aim for 100 at first! maybe something i havent done before like a snake or a pony or a parrot..hmmm

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 am

DaDwarf wrote:Shiny new thread! Who wants to do a hoard challange with me? In september, pick 1 pet you want to hoard and see how many of you can get before the end of the month! We can compare scores at the start of the next month!

To make it extra challenging, try to pick a pet you dont already have many off! We'll start september 1st?

Oooh sounds like fun! Could really use a challenge right now haha
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 am

➡ I decided to go ahead and start this new hoard so I'll be choosing something else for the September Challenge. I needed something to do on here and pretty much everything I'm missing is old so I'm working on hoards. β™₯ I only have three so far but I missed this outcome altogether and only got my first one for my collection today, so it is a start. First goal is 20 for them!

➡ Reminds me so much of the hoodie Jimin designed so I of course named the hoard "You Never Walk Alone". β™₯
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
β–Œβ–“
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
β₯ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesβ—‹β™«β—‹isoβ—‹listoβ—‹Auction
xx➡ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leaf » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:04 am

I did something sort of like that, it was more of a "pick a random pet and hoard it" so like whatever outcome grew on a certain day, is the one I would hoard from that month.

I'm totally in though!! Maybe I'll do a mix of both, see how many I can get of a random. Oh man though, don't we get staff litter in September? Or is that November..
leaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Nevi Nova* » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:06 am

To make it extra challenging, try to pick a pet you don't already have many off! We'll start september 1st?

i've never thought about doing a challenge like that, i might try it!

Adult player
Capricorn
*Nevi Nova*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:08 am

I've decided to hoard the April 2022 train horses, the full litter.
My dad passed away last year and he loved model trains.
So this litter will remind me of his hobby.
I have 1 so far, for now It'll be unlimited. Might change later.
This won't be my hoard for the September challenge

Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asta, » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 am

> well hey would you look at this nice new thread!! when i noticed the other getting up there
in terms of pages i decided to wait for the new thread to be made before i posted an update.
my goal for my unlimited hedgehog hoard was to hit 2.5k before the end of the year-- but i'm
really happy to say that i actually met that goal last week!! the hedgies are fairly easy to get
thankfully, it's always so nice to be able to hit milestone goals for an unlimited hoard quickly
and i just love having so many of the little dudes. i think my next milestone goal will be 3k??
and i'm shooting to hit it before the end of the year, which gives me a few months to gather
just over four hundred of them. the most daunting part of my hedgehog hoard is naming all
my little guys. i keep a google document with all their names on it so i don't duplicate any--
usually i'm not so picky, i'll randomly name pets whatever comes to me or just use the auto-
naming feature in the groups and leave it, even if i know or see i have a pet with the same
name, but my hedgies are different. i collect hedgehog plushies, statues- anything hedgie-
themed actually, and they all follow a specific name formula. my first hedgehog is called
sir flufflebottom (i have no idea why) and now my obsessive goblin brain demands that all
hedgehogs i obtain both off and on cs must follow that same formula... naming the 1.3k+
i have in my holding group is absolutely going to take me days. send help. (':
THE KINTSUGI KID β˜…
> cas/asta | she/her | adult | β™₯ | th
asta,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:52 am

Question for everyone: do you ever regret disbanding previous hoards? I know I can't be the only one ;o;

In particular, this one makes me really sad to think about. At one point, when they were recently released, I believe I had roughly 100 of them. Now, I'm sitting at a whopping 1 lol. I think a goal for me will be to rebuild the hoard, but it's a little overwhelming to think about
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:07 pm

I have 70 unlimited hoards and I feel like this time next year I'll be at 100 πŸ˜¬πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I've been pretty casual with collecting hoard pets lately, but I still want to try to get more multis before the end of the year.

Does anyone else have a lot of unlimited hoards?
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarcastic Hawke » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:53 pm

DaDwarf wrote:Shiny new thread! Who wants to do a hoard challenge with me? In September, pick 1 pet you want to hoard and see how many of you can get before the end of the month! We can compare scores at the start of the next month!

To make it extra challenging, try to pick a pet you don't already have many off! We'll start September 1st?

Oh this should be fun! I'm definitely down for the challenge <3 Hopefully there will be one of the new monthly outcomes that I'll love enough to start a hoard of that way I can start with near 0 of that pet! Can't wait to update ya'll with what I'm picking >8^3 This also means I'll have to be SO much more active though...omg...with work and a baby on the way we'll see how many I can get. I'm determined!!

EDIT:
DrinaLestrange wrote:Does anyone else have a lot of unlimited hoards?

I think I only have 3 unlimited hoards so far. I tend to stick to set numbers overall to make it easier on myself, especially as there's few pets I like enough to keep snagging them lol Or ones that are easy enough to even find so I can make the hoard unlimited.

The entire galaxy chameleon litter, sitting at 728 currently. The egg is the hardest to find =^(

My bee pony hoard that I had started on my own then inherited about 1.5k of them from another hoarder when they disbanded it so...now I'm sitting on the largest single outcome pony hoard as far as I'm aware! I'm at 2145 currently.

The "Sometimes You Just Need a Bit of Luck" litter was just too cute and honestly? I feel like I could definitely use more luck in my life...hence, unlimited! The more I get the luckier I can feel lol Currently at 471 of these loveleys!

It should be noted that I AM debating if I should be making this litter unlimited or not...I love them so much and the Mass Effect games that the hoard is based off of meant a lot to me...but as I need I think 2k+ anyway I may just cap it once I reach that limit. It'd be basically unlimited at that point anyway lol

ImageImageImage

Zoethian wrote:What are your guys’ thoughts on downsizing COMPLETED hoards?

I've only done that a couple times, mostly due to wanting a more even number of like 100 instead of my usual 150 or 200 just because. It's purely random when I decide to do that, as I usually pick a number when I start out and stick with it no matter what. Sometimes I do that if I've fallen slightly out of love with that hoard and figure "Hey, I've got 150...I really only need 100 to be happy and the rest can now be fodder for my other hoards!" If any of that makes sense? Idk I don't usually downsize completed hoards. I mostly just keep them as is, cut down a number I'd previously decided on if I've hit 100 and the rest are proving too elusive, OR just scrap the hoard entirely.
Last edited by Sarcastic Hawke on Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draw My OCs - Prizes Include:
UR Pastel Dog, UR Bee, UR PPS Dragon,
Marionette, UR Orange Tree, UR Malk, & more!
Sarcastic Hawke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me