CS Rarity List [WIP] - status update on page 75

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Pet Counts for Rarity Ratios

Postby SabrinaB » Tue May 09, 2017 4:23 am

I believe I saw a post fromm Tess somewhere, where she mentioned re-releases won't effect the rarity, this includes the UR zebras that can be adopted among the horses :)

Here is the post about the zebras: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2218793&p=69122876&hilit=rarity+releases#p69122876
Can't find the other one at this moment
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fizzlebee » Tue May 09, 2017 4:31 am

This looks like a great idea, and I'm glad we can use proper data to help form a rarity list. I've been following the discussion on the new Rares List for a while now, and this seems to be the best way to both include the community and come up with solid data. ^^

I have one small question. People tend to like to dress up their valuable/dream pets. What would happen if one couldn't tell the identity of the pet due to items? Is there a way to tell what pet it is? Would there be a "unknown" label in the spreadsheet for such things, and would that affect how large our sample size needs to be to obtain reasonably accurate results?

Just a small concern. I apologize if this was already accounted for in Solloby's calculations; it's been a few years since my last Stats course. I would also be happy to volunteer to help with the project. c:
Image Image Image
Image Image
Fizzlebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Tue May 09, 2017 4:43 am

Fizzlebee wrote:This looks like a great idea, and I'm glad we can use proper data to help form a rarity list. I've been following the discussion on the new Rares List for a while now, and this seems to be the best way to both include the community and come up with solid data. ^^

I have one small question. People tend to like to dress up their valuable/dream pets. What would happen if one couldn't tell the identity of the pet due to items? Is there a way to tell what pet it is? Would there be a "unknown" label in the spreadsheet for such things, and would that affect how large our sample size needs to be to obtain reasonably accurate results?

Just a small concern. I apologize if this was already accounted for in Solloby's calculations; it's been a few years since my last Stats course. I would also be happy to volunteer to help with the project. c:

I think the best way to approach that (if the user is no longer active) is to put unknown. Usually you can tell the identity of a pet through a dress up, though for smaller things like rats I can see how they can become completely covered.
If the user is active, a simple PM to ask wouldn't hurt.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue May 09, 2017 5:01 am

Theres a way to make a pet show without items, its an add on you add to the img url. Something like &noitems haha i can look that up so that wouldnt be an issue!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Tue May 09, 2017 5:51 am

Ive been following the rares list discussion and hoping to help somehow, so I would love to help with this! I'll have time starting later today since my spring semester is over today. If someone wouldn't mind pming me though to tell me how to actually go about counting pet ids, that would be great. I have no idea how it works. XD

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 am

@sol I have a BEG and red sorbet both from the end of August. Like August 25 or so (easy to find in my pets: everyone is sorted by where they are in the archives, with the exception of malk betas)

@anyone Anyone know if the galaxies and sorbets were taken down on a different date from the rest of the August 2008 pets?

If they were taken down at the same time, could we use random sampling for that?

Re: counting rereleases
So I feel like pets are rereleased with ratios such that they reach the "original" ratio, rather than being rereleased with their original ratios. But I have no evidence for this and I don't know if it would significantly affect the data for rereleases either way (but it would affect the data for rereleases! I just don't know if it's significant). Maybe it would significanty affect OMGSR pet counts. Probably related to UR pet release ratios for their first years vs all years afterward? Thoughts?

Btw, &noitems=1
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Tue May 09, 2017 9:36 am

DaDwarf wrote:Theres a way to make a pet show without items, its an add on you add to the img url. Something like &noitems haha i can look that up so that wouldnt be an issue!

The first Q&A answer in this shows it and how to use it for those unaware.

I have 3 original dated July pets and I think a CEG dated in August. If they're needed I'll get their IDs.
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Misty » Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 am

SabrinaB wrote:I believe I saw a post fromm Tess somewhere, where she mentioned re-releases won't effect the rarity, this includes the UR zebras that can be adopted among the horses :)

Here is the post about the zebras: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2218793&p=69122876&hilit=rarity+releases#p69122876

Here's Lucky. He was born 3 days ago and adopted via normal horse adoptions.
Zebras were originally meant to be and still are meant to be the rarest pets in game. I think taking things down rarity wise here first would be best, get those out of the way. But maybe this could start next year... after Dec.18, if we complete it all now, everything would mess up too quickly once Dec.18 happens this year.
LIGHTS OFF!
I give valuable gifts for LOLO. Please come knock! ♡

Treats: 88
Tricks: 0

Best Treat Rarity Given: OMGSR
Lowest Treat Rarity Given: Rare
4 OMGSR Treated so far!

~Misty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Tue May 09, 2017 10:43 am

~Misty wrote:
SabrinaB wrote:I believe I saw a post fromm Tess somewhere, where she mentioned re-releases won't effect the rarity, this includes the UR zebras that can be adopted among the horses :)

Here's Lucky. He was born 3 days ago and adopted via normal horse adoptions.
Zebras were originally meant to be and still are meant to be the rarest pets in game. I think taking things down rarity wise here first would be best, get those out of the way. But maybe this could start next year... after Dec.18, if we complete it all now, everything would mess up too quickly once Dec.18 happens this year.

I don't think this should wait till next year. The project will be forgotten and people will get frustrated that it was just dropped.
At the rate we are going, we should start seeing some progress as summer is just around the corner.

At the moment, we're just looking to get a realistic draft done, not change the list all at once. There is a lot of work to be done, it will probably, realistically, take many months. So to delay it wouldn't help us very much.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue May 09, 2017 11:28 am

December 18 adoptions would not mess up any data we get from before December 18. And after December 18 we would still have to do everything (whatever it is that we want to do).

Also unless I missed something that post only mentioned zebra rereleases specifically and did not mention rerelease in general lol I missed your post OTL

By "not affect rarity" does this mean not affecting current site rarity or not affecting original rarity?
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me