Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Dawulf » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:01 pm

Message back to them in cancel trade: Bye.
Image Image
Dawulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qhost » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:24 pm

Okay, a trade I had a few days ago...

I'm looking for the first three store pets, and I'm willing to trade some pretty rare pets for them. But not really mega rare pets, so that the trade is unreasonable.

I found someone who was trading the store pets, so I checked their wishlist and sent a trade, offering a September 08 cake dog for all three. I had no idea about store pets rarity, so I just offered the first wishlist pet I saw.

A while later, they cancel, with this message:

no way, i can get that cake for only one of my pets :O

Yeah, okay, but you could've edited it.

So I send another, offering three rare Septembers from their wishlist for the three store pets.
Next thing they edit it, taking out one of the store pets, saying that it's already in another trade. But they didn't edit my pets, they left all three Septembers in there, for the two store dogs, which going by what they originally said is unfair.

So I edit yet again, for the two dogs, and offer a very rare September and a rare October.

Next day I check, they've cancelled with this message:

srry, but i already have the blue one, an i have get mutch better, i have even get a Joker for them ...

A Joker for a store pet? Not even all four store pets is worth a Joker. Besides the fact that they originally said one pet was worth the September. Septembers and Jokers do not have the same rarity.

So yes, there's my rant X3 Still looking for the store pets, too XD
    -
    she/they | adult | australia | artist | writer
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

My name is Boo & I am perpetually tired.
    I have real bad anxiety so I take a while to respond
    to msgs sometimes, sorry!
    -
qhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:38 pm

I just hate it when I cancel a trade, and then people complain that I didn't edit the trade.
I've been getting about 15 trades a day; I don't have time to edit and post a nice message.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DistantFootsteps » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Fiery Gatoh wrote:I just hate it when I cancel a trade, and then people complain that I didn't edit the trade.
I've been getting about 15 trades a day; I don't have time to edit and post a nice message.

i didn't complain i offered 3 pets you wanted for 1 pet i wanted and you cancelled :(
ImageImage[/center]
DistantFootsteps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wishful Thinking » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:26 pm

People keep offering on my store Malk, one yesterday offered 09 pets I have but it was the message that bugged me - please? i really want it and i saw you have 2...(well I dont and so 2 just equals 88C$) this morning another pps red panda, uncommon rat and common pps music for my Malk Cerburus and for some reason 2 candys...and the message, This? :? these are random trades its not in a trade folder and I havent offered it out in the threads - I know people are looking for cheaper ones than the ones being auctioned but why look for people who arent in the forums offering - surely if someone has bought or traded to get it that is the only way they are going to trade it...
ImageImageImage
Wishful Thinking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DistantFootsteps » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:38 pm

i know what you mean this person posted free adoptions so i wanted 1 only 1 pumkin, then they edit it and put 5 more and want my not for trade soxic, a nick yellow toxic and my CERBERUS of course i cancelled the worst part was pleasepleaseplease
ImageImage[/center]
DistantFootsteps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akebai » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:04 pm

shez wrote:
akebai wrote:Image
Pet's name: Arod
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

People keep asking for this guy - Which is fair enough, he's for trade. But he's in my uncommon/rare trading group, and I keep getting awful offers for him.

I get offers everyday for my Winged Wood dog and Halloween SkeleDog. They are also in a rare trade group e_e

Ah, I live for the day when CS adds a " Trades of Equal or Greater value" option
akebai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *destiny* » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:36 am

Kiara wrote:Okay, a trade I had a few days ago...

I'm looking for the first three store pets, and I'm willing to trade some pretty rare pets for them. But not really mega rare pets, so that the trade is unreasonable.

I found someone who was trading the store pets, so I checked their wishlist and sent a trade, offering a September 08 cake dog for all three. I had no idea about store pets rarity, so I just offered the first wishlist pet I saw.

A Joker for a store pet? Not even all four store pets is worth a Joker. Besides the fact that they originally said one pet was worth the September. Septembers and Jokers do not have the same rarity.

I disagree with you on this one. I think the store pets are worth a joker or similar. People are paying a sum of money (£'s in my case) to give other people a chance of having a pet they can't have and I am not going to do that for dogs I can get easily elsewhere. There are two sides to every story and whilst I want to help people who can't buy store pets I am not willing to just hand out money for little gain to me. :(

In the last few days I have spent quite a few £'s in the store and people just expect me to accept common pets or pets I have loads of already just to stock up my trade folder. :?
*destiny*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Nova » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:30 am

destiny wrote:
Kiara wrote:Okay, a trade I had a few days ago...

I disagree with you on this one. I think the store pets are worth a joker or similar. People are paying a sum of money (£'s in my case) to give other people a chance of having a pet they can't have and I am not going to do that for dogs I can get easily elsewhere. There are two sides to every story and whilst I want to help people who can't buy store pets I am not willing to just hand out money for little gain to me. :(

In the last few days I have spent quite a few £'s in the store and people just expect me to accept common pets or pets I have loads of already just to stock up my trade folder. :?

Exactly my opinion. I finally got a decent offer for the Cerberus I'm trading: A Yellow Sorbet. For some reason, people think I'm going to trade my Cerberus for the Malk Fox. Um, no, I hoard those, but I'm definitely not going to trade a Cerberus for one.
~Nova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goblynn » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:01 am

I'm not on here a lot--the forums, I mean--because of work (I'm sneaking on CS during work hours...shhh!); after hours, I'm with my husband and kids. Needless to say, I don't get a lot of chances to "make friends", as it were.

So...I get a message, out of the blue, from someone who was very nice and asked if we could be CS friends. "Ah," I thought, "look at that!" and I agreed. I figured, at the very least, it might be someone I can swap thoughts with about the pets.

This morning, however, I log on and find a trade request for a series of January dogs from that very same person. The member is quite new, and an uneven exchange (nothing from them, pets from me) isn't surprising...but why didn't they just come right out and ASK? Why the subterfuge?

*is disappointed*
goblynn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me