Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:02 am

=.=
Their side: about fifty-two common pets from either this month, or second generations.
My side: One common Malk dog from January
UGH. The message was what really annoyed me:
hey lynx i loooooooooooooooove fire sky yh i know im being risky but i looooooove him and i also know where u got billy from my bff vampire1998 but any way i drove off subject plz lynx tiger is my fave pet and its alot for me to give tiger away but yh i looooooove him so plz m8 can i have him any way reply soon.. cya

(Firesky's the pet) It was so n00b-chatspeaked and begging that I could hardly understand it. And it was one big run-on sentence. And who in the universe was she talking about when she said billy? :?
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:30 am

Wow, that message is like a checklist of what not to do. >.< Chatspeak, begging, attempts to be your friend, offering their 'favourite' pet to make you feel guilty, trying to get favours through what other people have done for you, etc. Billy is your August Green B-wolf, by the way. Incidentally, the very first pet people see when they go to your collection, so I wonder if the person who traded it to you really is their 'bff' or just the first name they saw on something you'd traded for.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:35 am

XD Now I'm finding this funny... because you're probably right about her referring to the first pet in my first group.
Oh, it is the b-wolf... how did I not remember that? I need to change that name, it's the one it came with. XDD
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight_Shadow18450 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:38 am

*sigh* Why do people think my items are for trade when they're not.....
Midnight_Shadow18450

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jimmy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:50 am

Lol, that's my major pet peeve about CS.
After going through the trouble of sorting pets into groups clearly marked as trades you shouldn't have any need to disable trading from any other groups. People should just put two and two together and only make offers on the trade groups. Not difficult. >__>
Jimmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T. Faulkner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:24 am

Jimmy wrote:Lol, that's my major pet peeve about CS.
After going through the trouble of sorting pets into groups clearly marked as trades you shouldn't have any need to disable trading from any other groups. People should just put two and two together and only make offers on the trade groups. Not difficult. >__>

And then you get the complete and utter noobs who just don't care or are too stupid to bother with that silly little thing called "thinking". :D Perhaps you shouldn't need to lock your groups, but it usually can save you a lot of trouble with idiots who don't bother to read, sending you trades you don't want.

What kills me are the trades sent for items. Like my candies. <.< Is there a way to lock trades on your items, and I just haven't found it yet? If not, I honestly think there should be...
Hey mods! I'm merging accounts with Diabolacuna, so I'll be sending all my pets over to her a bit at a time! Thanks for understanding!
T. Faulkner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rissa » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:27 am

Yeah, I had everything but my trade groups disabled for trading, then I did some reorganisation and made some new groups and suddenly I had trade offers for things from the new groups! Darn, I'd forgotten to disable trading! But geez.. I have quite a few groups, do people have an 'enabled trade group' radar or something? I didn't think my group names were that tricky to understand, all my trade groups have "**** TRADE" right at the start, lol!

Oh well, tis all disabled again now..
Rissa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:11 am

AUGH.

Their side: Nothing.

My side: Boar PPS.

My reply: I don't hand out freebies, especially to beggars. Read my trade rules and other stickies around the forum to learn to trade properly. Plus, in general running around and begging for scraps from others is irritating.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Javin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:17 am

strayscream wrote:
Jimmy wrote:Lol, that's my major pet peeve about CS.

And then you get the complete and utter noobs who just don't care or are too stupid to bother with that silly little thing called "thinking". :D Perhaps you shouldn't need to lock your groups, but it usually can save you a lot of trouble with idiots who don't bother to read, sending you trades you don't want.

What kills me are the trades sent for items. Like my candies. <.< Is there a way to lock trades on your items, and I just haven't found it yet? If not, I honestly think there should be...

If the items are on a pet then they can't be selected in a trade - I think that's the only way to lock them at the moment...
Javin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How hard is it to adopt?

Postby lolaf » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 am

Okay so this is annoying me... Soem guy sent me a trade asking if he coul dhave one o fmy trade pets for FREE, he also added as a note that he didn't have any pets so could this one be his first?

*insert pout face here*

I told him no... The pets in my trade group were for trading and that there were people willing to give away pets for free. I told him that my free group is curently empty so sorry but no.

*ignore pout face*

But now that i think of it, his first pet should be one he adopted.... So now I'm annoyed...

*glares at pout face.*

People are free to ignore this... or post I really don't care...
Original lines by soft marxism
lolaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me