Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby kitchira » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:58 am

*Sigh* Someone sent me a trade for a dog not for trade with this message: "can i trade you for anything....*is depressed...*" So I edited out my dog and added a few common pets from my trades, and said "Sure, you can trade me for anything in my trade group" Then locked all my groups except my trades. This morning I wake up to see that the person just accepted the trade, no message. I would yell at them, but the pets were very common, and I don't feel like dealing with someone like that -_-

Image My heart is stronger now that you're in it Image
Kit ✨ she/her ✨ ♋️
kitchira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basti » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:28 am

-exhales-

Them:
DNA Rat from this month
Tigerstar
Rowanclaw

Me:
Leopard Rat
Red Light Stripe Oct
Heavy Orange Oct
Heavy Aqua Oct
Camo Oct
White Scarf&Candycane Dec
Candy Cane Horse
Horse PPS
Scarlet Macaw Rat
Rat 2nd Gen
Pink Skull cat
Cinnamon Bunny
Yellow&White Bunny
Image x2
Okapi PPS
Zebra PPS
Panda PPS
Both Rats from August
Orange, Yellow, and Pink Sortics.

soz please dont cancell foe or egnore me i only joined in 2009 and i realy need the panda puppy it would do me a lot of good so please only 4 people have ever traded me

My Message back:
Maybe for once you should actually read someone's trading rules.

1. I clearly state MULTIPLE times, that I do not want anything from 2009 unless I need it.
2. You forgot to put something in your trading message.
3. I really hate chatspeak and I really wish I could ACTUALLY READ YOUR MESSAGE. To be honest, it looks like a bunch of random jumble and it gives me a headache.
4. Do you know how rude it is to tell someone "Please Don't Cancel, Foe, or Ignore me"? That made me MUCH more inclined to hit the little cancel button.
basti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dozy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:37 am

Can I tell you what I hate? When people ask for July and August, 2008 for Store items. I mean, tons of really expensive ones, yes, but not just one little costume.

I googled to see how much C$ was in English money, and it's so cheap! 80 C$ for £3. If I was allowed to spend on the net, I would n__n.

Then, I want, say, a Skelly Bun, and they just say *Oh, I'll only take July*. I mean, if you are an older member, or skilled at trading, yes, but I'm not ;o;.

~Rant over~

~Lune
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:24 am

I just foed someone for the first time! So here is the story:

They sent me a trade asking for this pet:

So I canceled, thinking that they should have offered something.

Today, they sent the trade again, with the same pet, so I canceled.

They sent it straight back, with the message "Its for adoption!" So I canceled again, saying "It is a retired pet, it would be nice if you offered something for it."

In like 20 seconds, they sent it again, with 3 warrior cats on their side, that you can still adopt. I edited the trade, adding a second gen that I hoard (I hoard all cats, even Malk ones, so I thought it was more fair.), then sent it back. And behold, they cancel it saying "Ok I won't bother you."

I'm mean, they know that it is a retired pet, so why offer nothing for it? It was like, 5 trades for one pet, 3 of them had nothing on their side, so now they are my foe.
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadoweon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:34 am

sublime wrote:
I totally had someone snap on me because I sent a trade with pets asking if they'd be interested in trading and they lost it saying they arnt for trade blah bla blah, I suggested they lock the group so they wouldnt have to worry about getting 'spam trades'. They lost it even more threatening to report me because they shouldnt have to lock their groups...I said maybe instead of being so rude they should consider that locking the group would eliminate the situation all together, they proceeded to tell me their 'children' had more manners than I did and they shouldnt have to lock their groups.

I don't yell at people who offer me to edit it for a trade I just say no thanks because usually no one has what I want. I yell at people who send things asking to ADOPT the rarest and oldest pets I have left in my "extras" group. (Way more than just one of them). Even though I put a message on the group saying none of these are for adoption unless I say otherwise. Now I have come to the point were none are for adoption and they will be sent to the pound if they are. Or I will just delete them. I don't give a crap if they are newb or not,they should read. Which I tell them...in a less friendly manner.XP Now I only get trade ones but they are just useless offers.=/ I don't snap at those people though.
ImageImage
My CS Pets
I can also be found on Wolvden & Eldemore! Want to add me? Just send a DM.
shadoweon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madame Butterfly » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:35 am

Lunabelle wrote:
Can I tell you what I hate? When people ask for July and August, 2008 for Store items. I mean, tons of really expensive ones, yes, but not just one little costume.

I googled to see how much C$ was in English money, and it's so cheap! 80 C$ for £3. If I was allowed to spend on the net, I would n__n.

Then, I want, say, a Skelly Bun, and they just say *Oh, I'll only take July*. I mean, if you are an older member, or skilled at trading, yes, but I'm not ;o;.

~Rant over~

~Lune

Really? o_O I've seen a lot of people happy to trade a skell bun for a spider bun. Thats how I got my skell bun. And I thought I saw another user trade for that earlier....
Was that cheap of me? It's so hard to tell with the Shop and Halloween pets.... >_<
Madame Butterfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anayu » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:47 am

I know I get a lot of people asking about my yellow toxic. They kept sending me the same message too, "See what you want of mine for this pet," even though it obviously wasn't in any of my trade groups. Finally I just put a notice on the message that pops up before people send you a trade that says, "Stop asking, it's not for trade!"
Anayu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Nova » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:55 am

This isn't necessarily about a pet trade, but more about art trades. I can't stand it when you ask someone to take a look to see if you have anything they'd want in return for some artwork...they say they'll look...then never get back to you. >.>

Or what's worse, you offer them something, and they want something that's not even for trade in return for their services. Sorry, but after working hard for a lot of my pets, I'm not going to trade my keepers for artwork, no matter how good it is.
~Nova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:04 am

I understand your point, but the thing which irritates me the most is that in my art topic people say that also, leaving me to choose.

I clearly state to Offer something in return for my art, and i won`t start drawing unless we agreed on the payment.

Though some artists cross the trading line!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:10 am

Yeah, it drives me crazy when people say 'Look in my trades' when my art thread rules clearly state do not tell me to look through your trades! If it's just one or two people, that's fine, but when it's six or seven people, each with five hundred pets in their trade groups and usually not one pet that I want, it's a huge waste of time for me. If an artist doesn't have any wishlist or guidelines on what they want for payment, then okay, directing them to your trades is fine, but when they have it written out in detail, with pictures and values? Then it starts to look like avoidance - half the time, the person doesn't have or isn't willing to offer anything the artist wants, so they say to look in their trades in hopes the artist will settle for something cheap that they didn't even want. I'm not having much trouble with this anymore, but it used to be horrendous, with ten or fifteen people in a row saying 'look in my trades', which were all stuffed to the gills with warriors, b-wolves, horses, 2nd Gens, and a billion other commons, none of which I was interested in. Only on rare occasion does a 'look in my trades' offer give anything really worth even the time spent looking through them, let alone something worth the art, so a lot of artists no longer even bother. It's a lot like sending a blank trade - if it takes the other person a lot of time and effort to go through your trades, it's far more likely to just be cancelled or ignored.

I always cringe when people say 'take any of my pets' as offered payment, precisely because of what you guys say about crossing the trading line - does 'any' include your 'Favourites' folder? Does it include your packs, your collections, your specials, your rares? For some people it does, others it doesn't. I usually end up sticking to their trade folders anyway, just to avoid getting an irate message saying 'Obviously I didn't mean that you could have Missy or Spot or Bree or Dragon or.... [insert long list of specific names that includes every single pet I might have been interested in]'. On top of that, I feel bad about asking for non-trade pets. Life is so much easier when people just make a decent offer right off. :roll: By the way, I know that some artists can be a bit stroppy and annoying about payment, too, like saying they'll take any dog and then getting annoyed at people who offer commons and saying 'Obviously I meant rare '08s...', so it's not always the art shop patrons that are the rant-worthy ones. ;)
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me