Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Space Gorgon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:16 am

kiraiko wrote:i did, people are doing this from my trades group, they used to be doing it from all my groups until i locked them. i still have some older and more rare pets in my trade group.

Ugh. That must be annoying.

Hmm…you know how when you trade with somebody with the same IP address, a warning message pops up? Maybe something like that could happen if one side has nothing in a trade to reduce begging trades. Just an idea.

Luckily, no bad trades for me today.

Except what I don't like is when you make a trade, and the people don't accept, cancel, or edit it for the longest time, they just leave you waiting. Especially when you go to their profile an it says that they've logged in since you've made the trade. It drives me insane. I do admit, I did that once, but that's because I was waiting for one of the pets they offered to grow up so I could see if I had it or not. :?
Still, if you're not asking for/offering any growing pets, it's kind of inconsiderate not to accept/edit/cancel and just leave you hanging… :?
Space Gorgon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Nova » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 am

Poblakiwi wrote:
kiraiko wrote:i did, people are doing this from my trades group, they used to be doing it from all my groups until i locked them. i still have some older and more rare pets in my trade group.

Ugh. That must be annoying.

Hmm…you know how when you trade with somebody with the same IP address, a warning message pops up? Maybe something like that could happen if one side has nothing in a trade to reduce begging trades. Just an idea.

Luckily, no bad trades for me today.

Except what I don't like is when you make a trade, and the people don't accept, cancel, or edit it for the longest time, they just leave you waiting. Especially when you go to their profile an it says that they've logged in since you've made the trade. It drives me insane. I do admit, I did that once, but that's because I was waiting for one of the pets they offered to grow up so I could see if I had it or not. :?
Still, if you're not asking for/offering any growing pets, it's kind of inconsiderate not to accept/edit/cancel and just leave you hanging… :?

I hate that as well. >.>
~Nova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnteHühnchen » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 am

B5 again. Wanting my Green Sorbet. With "please edit" *sigh* Which s/he sent 3 times before, and again just now for basically a "PM trade".

S/he has over 1,000 pets, surely she can make me an actual and reasonable offer without asking me to look through all of them? Doesn't really matter since I don't trade my Wolves but still.

Does anyone else feel that "please edit" trades are just done to get a pet for less than they are worth? Basically to trick people who don't know the value of pets? I do know that some don't have wishlists so you can't really offer in that situation but most people have trade rules and even then, why not send a PM or send more than just that in the message?
Had a bad day? Need a laugh? Visit these sites: Not Always Right & Computer Stupidities
DisabledLlama wrote:Guinea Pig is my main occupation.
Libertas wrote:Revenge! :P
ImageImageImageImage
EnteHühnchen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:38 am

Sometimes people have multiple trades for the same pet and are trying to decide which to choose, or might not be certain if the trade is fair so are waiting for someone to answer their 'Fair Trade?' question (and you know how long that can take sometimes...), aren't sure they want to trade the pet, or just don't have the time at that moment to sort through a pile of trades - I often have about fifteen trades sitting in my inbox, as I tend to deal with them all in one fell swoop every few days. Still, it is annoying to have a trade waiting for weeks with no sign of whether the other person is considering it or not. If I have a pet that is going to be held up for some reason (for example, it's part of an auction bid or I'm trying to get advice on the trade), I usually PM the person to tell them so they know they aren't just being ignored.

I just got my very first 'you have lots of these pets! Gimme!' trades - they wanted a bunch of fairly common dogs for free, but some of them were older (from March) and somewhat sought after (some Shima Creamsicles and a Sortic). None of these were in my Trade groups, instead being from my Collections, which, okay, I do say in my trade rules that if I have multiples of a pet in one group, I *may* consider trading it. However, in no way do I say I'll give them away free! :roll: Usually I would edit it to make it a balanced trade, but I couldn't be bothered this time and so just cancelled with an excerpt from my trade rules as a message and a note to read them.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MusicEmily » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:50 am

Trade 1: (rather funny, actually.)
My side: a bunch of pets from my "malk's adoptables" group
Their side: Nothing
Message: Hi I saw these in the malks adoptables group and i was wondering If I could "adopt" them :)
:lol: I cancelled and said by adoptables i meant pets created by malk, not adoptions XD

Trade 2:(Different person)
They had a kala PPS for auction, So i asked if they saw anything.
They offered a trade for my advent fox. -_- I said that wasn't fair, and that I only had 1 of him anyway.

THEN

they offered again for my white candycane advent dog
i said it wasn't fair.
MusicEmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DistantFootsteps » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:13 pm

well i remember when i was a newbie i went to the free adoptions board and saw someone was leaving and giving away all their pets and only 1 pet per person so i sent a trade for their black advent and they accepted, im so happy i did that now cause its highly saught after and is sooo cute
ImageImage[/center]
DistantFootsteps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow Walker » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:17 pm

kazz wrote:well i remember when i was a newbie i went to the free adoptions board and saw someone was leaving and giving away all their pets and only 1 pet per person so i sent a trade for their black advent and they accepted, im so happy i did that now cause its highly saught after and is sooo cute

:D
That type of trade belongs on this board:
The Good Trade Thread
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'm not really an active trader. I use my spare pets to order art and whatnot. ^^

-My Characters-
Shadow Walker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:18 pm

I LOST 5 JULYS AND ONLY REALISED A MONTH AFTER THE TRADE!!!

lols, I traded for something worth less than 1 july! :lol: good times
ImageImageImageImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madame Butterfly » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:19 pm

The good trade thread needs to be updated more often btws! X3 It's like nobody gets any good trades, and honestly there must be more (or around the same amount) of good trades then bad because we all still keep playing the game! I guess people like to complain more than they like to party! :lol:

Poblakiwi wrote:Except what I don't like is when you make a trade, and the people don't accept, cancel, or edit it for the longest time, they just leave you waiting. Especially when you go to their profile an it says that they've logged in since you've made the trade. It drives me insane. I do admit, I did that once, but that's because I was waiting for one of the pets they offered to grow up so I could see if I had it or not. :?

I do that, and I'm not sorry about it either. Sometimes I honestly don't know if I want to trade or not, and it's in my playing field so why not take the time I need? If it really bothers you just cancel :? problem solved.
Madame Butterfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DistantFootsteps » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Orthidel wrote:
kazz wrote:well i remember when i was a newbie i went to the free adoptions board and saw someone was leaving and giving away all their pets and only 1 pet per person so i sent a trade for their black advent and they accepted, im so happy i did that now cause its highly saught after and is sooo cute

:D
That type of trade belongs on this board:
The Good Trade Thread

sorry didn't see that

oh and i just got a trade with a pps second gen for my pps panda, i cancelled
ImageImage[/center]
DistantFootsteps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes