Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:33 pm

I don't think they're mean at all, Moonflight. Sometimes I think my rules aren't strict enough.
EDIT: Oh wow, that noob was pretty rude.... and hilarious in a noobish way xD

I've gotten about three ridiculous PMs today, all advertising random RPs. Since when did people send out RP begs to random others? :roll: Maybe we're going to have to need PM rules at this rate.[/offtopic]
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starbit » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Moonflight wrote:I just updated my trade rules :3

Moonflight's Trade Rules

Before you go any farther, please go here and read what it says. Believe me, it'll keep your trades from annoying people and getting canceled.

Begin your trade message with "pancake" so I know you've read my rules

The only pets I will trade for are the ones on my wishlist
(look here). This means that if you don't have anything I need then I won't trade with you. If you are unsure if you have anything I need you probably don't; there are plenty of people out there with the pet(s) you want, so if you don't have what I need then move on, please. I will make exchanges for pets from the same litter if neither is rarer than the other (e.g. green sorbet dog for a blue sorbet dog).

Don't ask me to 'edit' or look through your pets. In other words if your side of the trade is blank don't send it.

None of my pets are up for adoption. I don't care if you're new. I don't care how pretty it is. I don't care if it's your dream pet and you've been trying to get it forever and ever. So offer something from my wishlist in return. If you have read all of my trade rules please begin your trade message with "octopus", not pancake. If you don't I won't look at your offer.

My rare trade pets are in a separate group that I've disabled because I got so many annoying offers for them. If you'd like to see them just click here.

If you ignore any part of my trade rules there is a 100% chance your trade will be canceled, so read everything!

I know it's a bit mean, but it makes getting n00b offers more fun and I'm evil. Someone is already yelling at me for canceling-- They claim they've read all my rules so they put "pancake" as their trade message XD

EDIT:

Just for laughs, here is the PM conversation I'm currently having with them:

I DID READ ALL THE TRADE RULES I HAVE READ THROUGH ALL THE PETS ON YOUR WISH LISTS AND I TOLD YOU I DONT HAVE THOSE AND I CANT GET THEM RIGHT NOW SO PLZ GO EASY ON ME :| OOPS SRY CAPS :shock:

No you didn't. I can tell, it's very obvious.

OK THEN PROVE THAT I DIDNT!

You did not write "octopus" in your trade message.

it says to right "pancake"

[sent me the entire text of my trade rules]

Read the whole thing. My gosh.

[Text of my trade rules, with the octopus part highlighted]

This is to keep people from skipping over most of my rules.

I READ IT ALREADY! IT SAYS "PANCAKE"!

Um... the part I just highlighted in bold says the following:

"If you have read all of my trade rules please begin your trade message with "octopus", not pancake. If you don't I won't look at your offer."

So you have obviously failed to read all of it again.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr! DUDE! I READ IT! GEES! I DIDNT KNOW YOU WANTED ME TO PUT DOWN FREAKING OCTOPUS! :evil:

It says in my trade rules to write "octopus" and not "pancake", so of course I want you to write "pancake" XD

Please calm down. Again, I have my trade rules like this to filter out the people who don't read all of them.

C8<

:lol: That's great! I know it is mean but it is sometimes fun to mess with n00bs. xD

" [...] they make highly faithful pets."
—Dumbledore

Phoenixes that have been domesticated are extremely loyal to their owners, and would depart to find their own paths if their owners die, rather than finding a new master.
starbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:43 pm

Moonflight wrote:I just updated my trade rules :3

Moonflight's Trade Rules

Before you go any farther, please go here and read what it says. Believe me, it'll keep your trades from annoying people and getting canceled.

Begin your trade message with "pancake" so I know you've read my rules

The only pets I will trade for are the ones on my wishlist
(look here). This means that if you don't have anything I need then I won't trade with you. If you are unsure if you have anything I need you probably don't; there are plenty of people out there with the pet(s) you want, so if you don't have what I need then move on, please. I will make exchanges for pets from the same litter if neither is rarer than the other (e.g. green sorbet dog for a blue sorbet dog).

Don't ask me to 'edit' or look through your pets. In other words if your side of the trade is blank don't send it.

None of my pets are up for adoption. I don't care if you're new. I don't care how pretty it is. I don't care if it's your dream pet and you've been trying to get it forever and ever. So offer something from my wishlist in return. If you have read all of my trade rules please begin your trade message with "octopus", not pancake. If you don't I won't look at your offer.

My rare trade pets are in a separate group that I've disabled because I got so many annoying offers for them. If you'd like to see them just click here.

If you ignore any part of my trade rules there is a 100% chance your trade will be canceled, so read everything!

I know it's a bit mean, but it makes getting n00b offers more fun and I'm evil. Someone is already yelling at me for canceling-- They claim they've read all my rules so they put "pancake" as their trade message XD

I am tempted to offer you a couple of rare pets for free. Nothing you miss or need. Just a couple of random rare pets and then write 'pancake' in my trade message XD Just to see what happens :lol:

I wonder if you'll cancel. That's what you say you'll do if I haven't read your rules XD And I obvious haven't read them when I write 'pancake' instead of 'octopus' :lol:

Just pointing my view out on big trade rules and 'secret words' XD
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:47 pm

I usually decline gifts, anyways, 'cause I feel bad taking them.

The n00b calmed down and is reading my trade rules now :3
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Moonflight wrote:I usually decline gifts, anyways, 'cause I feel bad taking them.

The n00b calmed down and is reading my trade rules now :3

That's good that they calmed down.... I can never get them too DX
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:48 pm

XD I see.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jeffandlex » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Your evil Moonflight. :lol: I think I should make my rules stricter. Cause people send me trades when it clearly states.

"None of my pets are for trade!
Rules for Trading with Me.
1.I am currently only taking offers of Art Trades.
2.If you want to trade PM me. (1 person has done this, very nicely stating the pet they wanted and asked if it was for trade, I told them it wasn't and they said okay and didn't throw a tantrum. :D )
3. If I cancel the trade do not PM me asking why I did it, don't send the trade again. (1 person has broken this and ended up cussing at me. The said 18yr old from before)
4. Think if you are offering something reasonable. EX: You want my blue CS 1st B-day pet. You offer me 4 2nd gen. That is NOT a reasonable offer.
5. Some of my friends can offer me random trades, but that's just cause I know them."

Bold stuff are things that should be clearly seen, and have been broken. (#5 hasn't cause none of my friends send me trades! X3)
jeffandlex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Kaleidoscope~ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:52 pm

I'm thinking of putting a rule saying, "None of my pets are for trade," and see how many trades I get in a day :P .
~Kaleidoscope~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:52 pm

I've found lately that pointing n00bs to the Free Adoptions forum stops them from sending me trades asking for rares when all they have are newborns. C:

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bloodydarkwitch » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:55 pm

leafpaw223 wrote:I think that might have been the same person that nagged me for not wanting to trade with them... IDK might or might not. (Turns out the girl that was mad at me for not accepting their trade was 18! :roll: Yeah right! Either they don't think they should use manners online or they didn't learn ANY manners!)

i think your is a different person. mine states in their profile that they are 12.
but still it is irritating that a lot of individuals lose their manners the moment they computer. or lose the ability to read (ths seem to happen a lot; maybe it is contagious).
Currently: Offline/Online/Flickering in/mostly offline

Wishlist (list of missing pets) is no longer current (working on updating it)

My Auctions: Close ~ closed~ Closed

my current month missing topic :

please excuse my spellings mistakes. english is not my first language and i am dyslexic. i am sorry for any spellings mistakes i make.

(i am currently not much online)

Time Zone Convertor
bloodydarkwitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me