For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby EnochianGhost » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:30 pm

lol if you're that desperate, it is much easier and much more legal to just learn how to make a plushie yourself :P

anyways i think a totoro plushie would be a good option as well, since he's definitely a mascot for the site now
♡ Pet Spotlight ♡
♡ Art Spotlight ♡
Call me Ghost.
She/he pronouns.

THIGDAAo3

ImageImage
EnochianGhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bastet4 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:57 pm

CSF wrote:I tried for the cake contest but definitely didn’t win. I wish the stickers were available to buy some here. I’d make them magnets and put them on my fridge. I love them and am still sad I never got any :(

Magnets are genius 8-)
Click to see hatchery!
Wind Nests available for free!

CS Malk's Dragon Hoarder--Trade your extra Dragons here
CS$ available. (I'm IVICAT on FR!)
Bastet4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSF » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:05 am

Bastet4 wrote:
CSF wrote:I tried for the cake contest but definitely didn’t win. I wish the stickers were available to buy some here. I’d make them magnets and put them on my fridge. I love them and am still sad I never got any :(

Magnets are genius 8-)

CalicoWolf wrote:@CSF : I love the idea of making them into magnets. I still have 4 sheets of mine and never wanted to put them anywhere but really like the idea of magnets.

I love stickers but I love turning them into magnets because I can take them off and take them with me if I need to. With stickers I’m worried I’ll stick them to something and then break or replace whatever they’re on and then lose the art :\

Also CalicoWolf, if you ever wanted to part with just one dog sticker not a sheet, and if this is allowed, I’d be down with a sticker trade. I have a bunch of other artists stickers I could offer and would trade more than one. Is there a trade thread somewhere for CS merch?
CSF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:17 am

Anyone ever find yourself surfing CS and randomly have a moment where you remember what it was like to be new on the site? I've been on CS for so long everything feels comfortable.

Like yeah yeah there is going to be a tree during the Christmas event. Let me tell you my first Christmas and I adopted a pile of dirt little me was so confused. Why did I want this?? Was this a joke?? When it sprouted up I named it "tree o_O" why were they giving us a tree pet? When it finally grew into a glorious pine and we got the decorations I was so in love with this site. This was fun!

Halloween was my first event on the site and I had not a clue what I was doing. Now a days I set an alarm to click the banner and hoard all my tokens to spend them at the end once I have seen all options. Little me just willy nilly got tokens and I spent them on what looked cool xD I bought two of the "purple horses" since I thought they looked epic. But you know what I had a blast didn't feel like I was missing out. Events today I put all this pressure to get every. single. outcome. Whether or not I even like the design, definitely a different attitude from back then.

Sometimes I miss my carefree adopt attitude and not knowing so much of the process.

- Kite.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fjäll Räven » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:45 am

I was going through some of my old posts and was seeing users who I used to interact with all the time in 2013-2016 who at some point just stopped coming online. For some it’s been 5+ years. It’s really odd to me wondering what happened to them or how their lives ended up.

The oddness of internet friends on an old website.
Hoarding:
Fjäll Räven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrinus » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:16 am

I was thinking about this the other day... Does anyone remember when it was super popular to take the PPS cocoon and put it in those free sheep costumes from the store?
Currently Seeking:
Cobweb Bunny
Cyrinus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animall » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:19 am

Cyrinus wrote:I was thinking about this the other day... Does anyone remember when it was super popular to take the PPS cocoon and put it in those free sheep costumes from the store?

YES!!! I wanted one so badly so I could jump on the trend but was so incredibly bummed when I couldnt get it. I want to revive it hahaha!

Do you laugh about me whenever I leave?
Or do I still need more therapy?
(fake out)

↞ infj ⎯ she/her ⎯ adult user ↠

trade thread
auction thread

ImageImageImage
Animall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:22 am

Yes!! But I did not and still do not have that PPS so I subbed in my malk smiley xD

I swear there was such a hive mind back then bahaha! I wishlisted pets that other players said were "cool" and ignored the "uncool" pets even if I secretly thought those unpopular pets were nice.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:41 am

I’m•Midnight•Wings wrote:I was going through some of my old posts and was seeing users who I used to interact with all the time in 2013-2016 who at some point just stopped coming online. For some it’s been 5+ years. It’s really odd to me wondering what happened to them or how their lives ended up.

The oddness of internet friends on an old website.

I did this with pets I traded with. I sorted all my pets into a completely different system, and I got curious about some of the people I got the pet(s) from. I’m still on the site I did the offsite trade through, but it’s a site that never really took off. How it’s still up is a mystery, but back to my point, they did the same thing. One day they just stopped showing up. Another user who had a lot of easy, successful trades did the same. Just poof.

I understand growing up and growing out of sites, but it’s interesting how some just drop off of a website, especially mid-trades, too. One day you’re online, the next you’re gone without a notice. I remember years ago I had trades waiting for a response going all the way back to like 2011. It’s like they just chose to vanish.
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:35 am

For me, life just got in the way and days of not checking on because I was busy turned into weeks... and then years. Sometimes it just happens and you have other things in your life preventing you from coming back. Sometimes, growing out of the site/losing interest happens while you're still playing, and to everyone else everything looks normal. Then, one day you just outgrow it for good.
    In my case, I visited back for nostalgic reasons after life calmed down, because I never meant to leave everyone without any kind of notice. I felt terrible just disappearing and wanted to see how the website that helped shape my adolescence was doing; how my old friends were doing. I reconnected with some that still play (and still find and connect the dots to old friends that changed usernames) and slipped right back into my Chicken Smoothie addiction haha. A lot has changed and I do miss my old friends that don't visit much/at all, but Im using it as an opportunity to make new friends and rekindle the friendships with people who do still play!

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items