What was your first Rare?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Rares and how to...*coughcough*

Postby Seasonal » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:40 am

My first rare was my Red Toxic that I adopted myself back in August 2008, but this was the first rare that I traded for.

Back in February 2009, I had adopted the Valentine's Day box and got one of the PPSes. Back then, no one ever wanted PPS pets and I had fallen in love with this dog, so I was upset that I didn't get it. It took a while to find someone willing to trade with me, but once I got her I was so happy.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astro! » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:45 am

I got my first rare the very day I joined the site... I adopted the June 2010 horses and, lo and behold, there was an omgsr zebra tucked in there with them! My friends who introduced me to the game told me to guard it with my life and soul
astro!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kurimu » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:28 am

There she is--my first rare pet. I believe I was gifted her sometime in September. As you can tell, I'm a total nerd, and I had to dress her up. She kind of looks like an elf from LoTR xD

xxxxx♤♧♡♢xxxxx
xxx......swapsxxxxx
xxxxx♤♧♡♢xxxxx
xxxxx♤♧♡♢xxxxx
xxxxxx.aywasxxx.x.x
xxxxx♤♧♡♢xxxxx
xxxxx♤♧♡♢xxxxx
xflight rising
xxxxx♤♧♡♢xxxxx
kurimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fleckihund » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:59 pm

I've been at CS since 2008 and one of the first pets which I adopted was a Moonswirl. It's even a OMGSR. I'm such proud of her <3

So yes, I'm one of the lucky people who got many rares a long time back before the rarity became known. ^^
Fleckihund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Fleckihund wrote:I've been at CS since 2008 and one of the first pets which I adopted was a Moonswirl. It's even a OMGSR. I'm such proud of her <3

So yes, I'm one of the lucky people who got many rares a long time back before the rarity became known. ^^

I honestly wish I had that one and more! So many becoming VR and rarer. Each time I go to adopt the limit for the horses I'm crossing my fingers that I get a zebra and the one I've been wanting for a long time. Thank you for sharing!!!
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soratha » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:35 am

Back when I first joined CS, I thought getting a rare was impossible.
I got my first rare from a giveaway on the free pets board:
Pet's name: Rose

My first Very Rare was either this dog
Pet's name: ⨺ This is War ⨺
or my Malk dragon.
Pet's name: Crioslogia
I technically got the dragon first from the re-release box, but it was still growing when I was gifted the dog a few days later.

My first rares from the pound were these three:
Pet's name: You Saved My Life [Poundie]
After many failures, I had stated before that opening I couldn't get a rare from the pound to save my life and then I got this dog, right when a song I was listening to said "You saved my life", so I just had to name it that! xD

Pet's name: Zion [Poundie]
I had been trying for ages to get a very rare from the pound for ages and when I finally got him, I almost died of shock.

Pet's name: Bow ties are cool [Poundie]
I got my first list pet from the pound by accident on Christmas! XD It was a cocoon at the time and I didn't even know or care that it was a list pet, I just screamed and grabbed it because it had a bow tie.
Bow ties are cool. They always will be.

Pet's name: Sunject
I got my first OMG so rare from the re-release last year. First a white Dragon, then a Sunjewel?! CS, Why you try to make me leave the dark side?
I was like: "Please be a Sunback. Please. Come on, it's the most common outcome in the litter for crying out loud."
But it was like: "Lol, no. *becomes rarest outcome, the sunjewel instead*
I was so upset that it turned into a sunjewel at first that I actually cried because I really wanted a Sunback. I'm so dumb.
I ended up getting attached to the sunjewel anyway though. The name was actually a joke on a typo because I was talking to a friend about the sundogs when I said something about changing the subject or something but I typo'd "subject" as "sunject", and I was like "If the thing by any chance becomes a sunjewel I'm naming it Sunject". It was also partially a pun on "reject" because for awhile I kept calling it "the sunback reject".
Soratha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitsugai » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:18 am

My first rare was
from the Pound. I screamed and immediately told my friend.
And then my first Very Rare was this rat gifted to me. (I wish I could find the trade ;;) who I then gifted to another user.
holly | adult | any pronouns
ImageImage
kitsugai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FreddyCenobite » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 am

This is my second highest list pet from December 18th. My highest is my spotted tribal, Roland, but Rory, this guy, is my first Malk dragon from ever that I adopted and wasn't already grown. My first ever rare that I adopted was sadly traded away when I was too new to know any better, but I kept one:
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult She/Her Dog mom Ex-retiree
Movie geek Horror fan Halloween lover
My hoards Trade thread Offsite thread
My FRHow close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead ♥️
CS TikoMy Tiko

If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking
Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the “d”)
Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers
FreddyCenobite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby master of spaz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:54 pm

My first rare was all of the eygpt rares since I joined in the middle of the event c:
announcements:
light off

tRaPpEdBiRd wrote:you truly are:
Spazzy
as in:
spectacular
you got spunk
your full of spaz! (good type!)
master of spaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:39 am

WolfWarriorCatz wrote:
Back when I first joined CS, I thought getting a rare was impossible.
I got my first rare from a giveaway on the free pets board:
Pet's name: Rose

My first Very Rare was either this dog
Pet's name: ⨺ This is War ⨺
or my Malk dragon.
Pet's name: Crioslogia
I technically got the dragon first from the re-release box, but it was still growing when I was gifted the dog a few days later.

My first rares from the pound were these three:
Pet's name: You Saved My Life [Poundie]
After many failures, I had stated before that opening I couldn't get a rare from the pound to save my life and then I got this dog, right when a song I was listening to said "You saved my life", so I just had to name it that! xD

Pet's name: Zion [Poundie]
I had been trying for ages to get a very rare from the pound for ages and when I finally got him, I almost died of shock.

Pet's name: Bow ties are cool [Poundie]
I got my first list pet from the pound by accident on Christmas! XD It was a cocoon at the time and I didn't even know or care that it was a list pet, I just screamed and grabbed it because it had a bow tie.
Bow ties are cool. They always will be.

Pet's name: Sunject
I got my first OMG so rare from the re-release last year. First a white Dragon, then a Sunjewel?! CS, Why you try to make me leave the dark side?
I was like: "Please be a Sunback. Please. Come on, it's the most common outcome in the litter for crying out loud."
But it was like: "Lol, no. *becomes rarest outcome, the sunjewel instead*
I was so upset that it turned into a sunjewel at first that I actually cried because I really wanted a Sunback. I'm so dumb.
I ended up getting attached to the sunjewel anyway though. The name was actually a joke on a typo because I was talking to a friend about the sundogs when I said something about changing the subject or something but I typo'd "subject" as "sunject", and I was like "If the thing by any chance becomes a sunjewel I'm naming it Sunject". It was also partially a pun on "reject" because for awhile I kept calling it "the sunback reject".

Looks like someone was smiling at you! You got a few List pets there with the Sunjewel the most wanted (or one of the most wanted) for what it is. I was also gifted the white Malk dragon by someone I'll thank forever. It's a September's List pet, but still a List pet. Thank you for sharing!!! :D
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me