Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:29 pm

Libelle wrote:
Papilio Ulysses wrote:Thank you for your kind words! It's definitely been a long time since I first showcased that hoard! The Chupagonias is still one of my favourite litters to this day.
And you're correct about Chupa Chups. :) Here's the original rundown of how it started. And that's when this happened.

Squee! Thank you so much for this info! Seriously, butterfly wolves are my favourite species, and I love learning precious little details like this one. ♥ I got so nostalgic browsing the thread, all those usernames that I used to see on a daily basis and that I feel like I haven't seen for years.

You're welcome! Butterfly Wolves are my favourite species too. It's always a treat to read about the stories behind their designs and discover how the community named them. I haven't seen many of the people involved in that thread for quite some time. I do suspect a few have undergone name changes since then. Regardless, It's nostalgic times like those that remind me just how clever the CS community is.

Libelle wrote:"...I collected a mini-hoard of Andalusian and Friesian horses for myself. Thus, in early 2011, my first hoard was born."

That Horse hoard is all kinds of gorgeous! I don't know a lot about horses, but I adore Friesians. The first time I saw one was during a televised dressage competition. The Friesian was galloping gracefully around the arena with its high strides and long mane. It looked full of confidence. Truly beautiful.

Libelle wrote:*whistles innocently* I may have spent the last 20 minutes browsing through your hoards, because ... butterfly wolves! ♥

Hehe~ I've been visiting your hoards too, you have amazing hoards! <3 They're so creative and tidy. I especially like your multi-outcome hoards - visually stunning!

Gosh, I could go on and on! Sometimes I wish there was a subforum for hoard discussions. Though I'm not sure it's big enough a topic (or group of players) to warrant its own area in the forums. -wishful thinking-
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragón » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:34 pm

What was your first hoard, and why?

i can't remember which of these was my first hoard, but i had a couple that were right at the beginning of when i started :3 (i no longer hoard them)

these are the earliest hoards i remember having!
✯¸.•´*¨`*•✿ indigo ✿ dragon ΘΔ ✿ puppeh: ✿•*`¨*`•.¸✯
dragón

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Libelle » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Papilio Ulysses wrote:Gosh, I could go on and on! Sometimes I wish there was a subforum for hoard discussions. Though I'm not sure it's big enough a topic (or group of players) to warrant its own area in the forums. -wishful thinking-

YES, PLEASE! A subforum would solve all the problems and difficulties I have when it comes to hoarding on this site! We currently have two threads: (1) a general thread for discussion, (2) the hoarder's handbook for trading. However, the hoarder's handbook is almost inoperable nowadays: It requires people to search for potential trading partners by official pet name, and we no longer have official pet names or official pet name guides that are up to date. Moreover, it doesn't allow hoarders to find trade partners for specific hoarding needs, such as date swaps or ID swaps.

I would love to have the following additional threads for hoarders:

(1) a general trade thread where everyone can post what hoard pets/items they're searching for
(2) a trading/gifting thread where hoarders can advertise completed hoards that they want to trade/gift away
(3) a date/ID swap thread where hoarders can ask to swap hoards pets with other hoarders.

A date/ID swap especially would be brilliant! There are hoarders who would like to do a checkered hoard and swap IDs. There are hoarders who look for a specific date for their hoard pets and would like to do date swaps. For me, personally, swapping for specific dates is the greatest hurdle as a hoarder. I never know who else is hoarding the same pet, who might be willing to do a date swap and where to post my request. I cannot ask on the hoard discussion thread, and I cannot search in the hoarder's handbook. So I end up sending out trades to as many people as possible in the general trade forum and wasting considerable time and resources.

I honestly believe that there would be much more activity amongst hoarders if we had more than this discussion thread. ♥ I would love to either have a subforum dedicated to hoarding or separate hoard threads in already existing subforums (such as a general trading thread for hoarders in the general trade forum).

Papilio Ulysses wrote:Hehe~ I've been visiting your hoards too, you have amazing hoards! <3 They're so creative and tidy. I especially like your multi-outcome hoards - visually stunning!

Thank you! ^^

dragón wrote:What was your first hoard, and why?

i can't remember which of these was my first hoard, but i had a couple that were right at the beginning of when i started :3 (i no longer hoard them)

[...]

This one takes me back! I used to hoard another one of the same litter very early on. I later traded or gifted the hoard away. Not sure why, probably because I needed trade fodder.

Last edited by Libelle on Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:01 pm

So basicly you want sort of a hoard swap thread? I dont see why we cant make it. In the handbook you can only post 1 time, so kost are inactive by now or posts not up to date. A swap threas is more usefull, since the last few posts/ pages are up to date and people are active.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Libelle » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:08 pm

SabrinaB wrote:So basicly you want sort of a hoard swap thread? I dont see why we cant make it.

I honestly don't know! I vaguely remember that the hoarder's handbook was supposed to take care of hoarder's needs, and that a separate thread for hoarders in the trade forum was deemed unnecessary. We have so many specific threads and subforum dedicated to trading nowadays, I honestly believe, we deserve our own thread (at least). ^^
Libelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:22 pm

I dont find the handbook usefull at all, actually. Its not up to date, you can only post once and often people quit. You have to look the pets up by name, and use the same name for that pet.
A thread where you can post once per page or once a week or day is more usefull in my opinion. Its more up to date than the handbook. Just post your hoard (max 10 hoards?) and let others come to swap hoards.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:58 am

SabrinaB wrote:I dont find the handbook usefull at all, actually. Its not up to date, you can only post once and often people quit. You have to look the pets up by name, and use the same name for that pet.
A thread where you can post once per page or once a week or day is more usefull in my opinion. Its more up to date than the handbook. Just post your hoard (max 10 hoards?) and let others come to swap hoards.

agreed! i've been hoping for a general hoarders swap thread for years now c':
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortveil » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:16 am

Yeah I made a post years ago on the handbook 2nd page '14 but never really found a use for it tbh. I could see it being useful for list/storepets/very rare hoards because it's easier for more idenifiable pets names to be searched, but your average hoard not really usable.

Anyways I came back from haitus and got some hoards done through Jan/Feb, bit of a reorganisation and progress in others!
I have one hoard /100 that his been 1 away for the l o n g e s t time

Most Proud Of
Bayonetta Complete!

Completed in 2024!
Z 00092  He Knows Nothing
Z 00380  Glorb!
Z 00381  Flowers at the End of the Day
Z 00382  Moon Moon!
Z 00384  RED HOT
Z 00385  Sing us a Song You're the Piano Man
Z 00386  Who who
Z 00387  Inscryption
Z 00388  Sundials at Night
Z 00389  Peacute
Z 00391  Raiders of the Lost Ark
Z 00377  A lovely cheese pizza, just for me.
Z 00392  Sloth as a Fox
Z 00393  Cloud Atlas! LOVE these guys!
Z 00248  Dusky Angels

Finally one more for the pound hoard litter I just cannot find anymore. All direct from pound!

Retired Item Hoards!
ImageImage

Oh and yeah... I got a few more lol

ImageImageImageImage
Do the macarena in a devil’s lair

Mortveil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopardy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:06 am

Vlad Dracula III wrote:Just a random question to my fellow hoarders what’s your oldest hoard that you have ( I mean the pets date them selves not like the first hoard you started or either or I’m curious either way )

Well the oldest Pet in my Hoard is this cutie!
I do have a few that are nearly around that time, but March is the oldest!

What was your first hoard, and why?

Funnily enough, my oldest Hoard Pet, was also my first Hoard!
I hoarded them without a set number and back in 2010 they were Very Common, so I had a huge number of them!
I don´t know when, but I lost interest in this Hoard, so I disbanded it. But I kept 20 of them to resemble them in my 20s Hoard.
The "why". I think I just liked how they looked and I really wanted to try "hoarding", like see if it fits me. It did, so I had a few Hoards over the years! :lol:
(The 20´s group is intended to have a different Dog every page and I have my page size on 20, so I call it my 20s. Does not make much sense if you have higher number, but yeah. ^^)
Leopardy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:28 am

I also don't find the Hoarder's Handbook very useful either and I agree with many of the reasons expressed already. I generally also feel this way about the Handbook:

Mortveil wrote: I could see it being useful for list/storepets/very rare hoards because it's easier for more idenifiable pets names to be searched, but your average hoard not really usable.

Demand plays a huge part in which pets are given 'official' names. If only a handful of people are looking for a given pet, that outcome just isn't going to get a lot of exposure in the forums. This is one of the reasons why I think the guides haven't been updated.

For active hoards, I agree that a swap-style board with a reasonable posting frequency limitation would be better. A limit to the number of hoards someone could include should definitely be placed to keep each post from being too long.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me