For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby nickjr » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:30 am

Starting in less than a month, anyone who is COPPA’d is guaranteed to be younger than CS
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julia » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:37 am

nickjr wrote:
BlueEyedKite wrote: Are you oldies around? </3

vaguely :lol:

I'm always here, I don't know. I've never been into the boards though. I'm usually more active during events.

Every token makes me happy, even after all those years, haha.
Image Image
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Julia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thinking.Kiwi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:09 am

nickjr wrote:Starting in less than a month, anyone who is COPPA’d is guaranteed to be younger than CS

omg you just broke my brain.

I'm just like everyone else here, pop up once a day to check whats going on and then leave to do other stuff. As time goes on there's a lot more to be done in real life so it's hard to spend the long hours I used to here! :')
I just recently FINALLY got my ultimate dreamie and now I'm finally able to relax lol, I'm sad about the old pets i traded tho, I miss some of them :')

they/them | Nonbinary | Asexual | Autistic | Adult

Thinking.Kiwi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrinus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:30 pm

nickjr wrote:Starting in less than a month, anyone who is COPPA’d is guaranteed to be younger than CS

Gosh, that's crazy to even imagine.

I'm a biology major in college now. I'm not a kid anymore. I just don't have time for the site like I used to. I still pop in for events, though.
Currently Seeking:
Cobweb Bunny
Cyrinus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arukardis » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:58 pm

Been here since the beginning, found Chicken Smoothie through Silent Wolf Kennelz :')

I'm still a huge petz fan, it's so sad to see so many of my favorite sites inactive nowadays. But with work and all, I don't have much time to play it anyway.

I really loved the old CS vibe, but I really love how it has evolved over the years. I've been on and off in the last decade but I keep coming back because it's just fun to collect dogs I guess :') I miss my old friends on here, but I know it was me who walked away because of work and personal issues. It has been a huge hiatus...

To this day I still don't understand demand or the pet names / abbreviations and I feel like such an old soul hahah, but I just can't keep up with that. Slowly but surely, I think I'll be able to finish the neverending dog WL.

Anyway, I just love CS :')

Art shop . Design Shop. Toyhou.se
.seldom online.
Arukardis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soccerali9 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:00 am

Arukardis wrote:Been here since the beginning, found Chicken Smoothie through Silent Wolf Kennelz :')

To this day I still don't understand demand or the pet names / abbreviations and I feel like such an old soul hahah, but I just can't keep up with that. Slowly but surely, I think I'll be able to finish the neverending dog WL.

Anyway, I just love CS :')

I joined in 2010, so not the same as 2009, but the demand, abbreviations, and all of that is so beyond me. I never understood the list, given that I'm pretty sure I traded away some fairly high value/demand pets for next to nothing all the time back when I joined. Still can't keep straight what an MA or non is :lol:

Maybe it's just me or the fact that I was much younger, but I don't enjoy CS as much. It all feels like a rush to get the best and have the best. I just want cool pets, not "list" pets. Plus I feel like I always miss the fun events (non-holiday events have more exotic themes).
                  I love giving gifts so PM me if you know a deserving user (;
                  Currently watching: NCIS, Star Trek Voyager
                  I love wolves and dragons ♥

soccerali9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SAPPHOLYTE » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:19 am

soccerali9 wrote:Maybe it's just me or the fact that I was much younger, but I don't enjoy CS as much. It all feels like a rush to get the best and have the best. I just want cool pets, not "list" pets. Plus I feel like I always miss the fun events (non-holiday events have more exotic themes).

I feel this. Like as an adult who has a full time job and other like responsibilities that keep me from being on here at all that often, the events suck to keep up with. I used to be able to like time it perfect and get tons of tokens but that was when I was a kid and could blow time like that. Now checking in every 30mins is almost impossible so like... 3 tokens a day is all you get lol
♀//🏳️‍🌈//♌//RadFem
Joan Ferguson/Vera Bennett && Bellatrix Lestrange/Hermione Granger && Maleficent/Aurora
SAPPHOLYTE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arukardis » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:07 am

soccerali9 wrote:I joined in 2010, so not the same as 2009, but the demand, abbreviations, and all of that is so beyond me. I never understood the list, given that I'm pretty sure I traded away some fairly high value/demand pets for next to nothing all the time back when I joined. Still can't keep straight what an MA or non is :lol:

Maybe it's just me or the fact that I was much younger, but I don't enjoy CS as much. It all feels like a rush to get the best and have the best. I just want cool pets, not "list" pets. Plus I feel like I always miss the fun events (non-holiday events have more exotic themes).

This.

I just like CS for the nostalgic feel and collecting (at my own pace). I used to collect anything dog related as a kid (you know those collection cards/magazines where's you could put the stickers on them?? Stuff like that) and this feels just like that to me.

I don't understand people wanting pets just for their rarity? I want the older 2008 and 2009 pets for their sentimental value, but I won't get mad if I don't ever get them, even though I'm a collectionist at heart.

As far as events go, I feel the same way. Working a full time job just doesn't give me enough time to focus on everything, but I find them fun nontheless. :')

Mistress.Maleficent wrote:
I feel this. Like as an adult who has a full time job and other like responsibilities that keep me from being on here at all that often, the events suck to keep up with. I used to be able to like time it perfect and get tons of tokens but that was when I was a kid and could blow time like that. Now checking in every 30mins is almost impossible so like... 3 tokens a day is all you get lol

Definately, it's how I feel. And I seem to almost always miss my favorite event (Halloween) or miss a nice event I didn't even know existed.
Last edited by Raire on Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged your posts. Please use the edit function instead of double posting.

Art shop . Design Shop. Toyhou.se
.seldom online.
Arukardis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BrightPink » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:10 am

A couple of days ago I came back to CS (I had to dig up my password from a very old and slow laptop!) after FIVE years.

The first thing I noticed was my hoarding problem. Why would I even want to hoard those particular pets is beyond me.

The second thing was how high value the old store pets are. I never thought of it but it makes sense since they are not part of the re-releasing. That would upset all the people who paid for them.

Because of my very long break my trading groups are a bit of a mess - I have pets from up to 2016 and Easter 2021, nothing in between lol
BrightPink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julia » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:13 pm

Happy birthday CS! Looking forward to the next 13 years and hopefully some changes that will attract new users. This website has so much potential, please keep it alive!
Image Image
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Julia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me