Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Galaxy Wolves » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 pm

To any staff member: How do you guys come up with the designs of each litter every month? I have seen allot of wonderful designs and now im curious
Prisma
Nova

I'm the Owner and Founder of Galaxy Adoption Center! Come check us out!
Galaxy Wolves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tūī » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:29 pm

do you believe you are superior to other players on cs?
      or do you just like to be treated equally?
tūī

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Lord_Syranus wrote:To any staff member: How do you guys come up with the designs of each litter every month? I have seen allot of wonderful designs and now im curious

I have a lot of tricks to help me get inspired, so have an essay :D

Most simple way is I see something that inspires me and I'll take elementals from it and make it my own. The Halloween deer have Wendigo elements (the long, human hair) and a little bit of the forest spirit princess mononoke, one outcome has a touched of evangelion just because the aesthetics are cool.

Sometimes I come up with a cool themes from nature, like last month's corn snake chameleons. I'll even redesign natural patterns into something original like my March cats which are based on tarantulas.

There are times I want to try out new techniques like September's watercolor butterfly wolves.

I'll often rely on a set palette like this month's deer. Lots of times the patterns are whatever looks good, often I try to keep the patterns somewhat uniform between outcomes by using similar shaped. Other times I have a deeper theme like my June dogs where they've got lacy black markings and pink flora accents. I have a trick for picking palettes and I'll often rely on these formulas when I need to come up with something.

A couple of times I've come up with a cool idea and I'll start it but it will fall through for whatever reason then I'll come back to it way later and repurpose it. The octopus lions from Halloween were originally made the underwater summer event, I had made the line art back then but never got a color palette/design I liked so I stuffed it into storage .

Occasionally I'll just come up with a cool idea and expand it into a litter or set. The sloth store pets were thought up like that, turning the monkey line art upside down or the Franken dogs from Halloween.

On the rare occasion I'll have a cool idea for how a litter will grow, my April dogs are a good example of this. All I knew about then going in was that I wanted 3 base colors, purple, orange and green, to grow up and mix together. I had no idea what the actual designs or colors would be I just grabbed the base color and experimented until I was happy. I ended having to change the green outcome from a deep forest to a teal and lime because it played better with the other colors.

The best way I get inspired is having very limited time to work. No joke, the pressure gets me to be experimental which leads me to make some interesting things, lol.

There are lots of times where I'll blend these tricks and I'll get stuff like my betta horses from October where I take inspiration from nature and I used a new scale technique.
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:07 am

wolvesfeather wrote:Any Staff,

My son is severely Autistic and Moderately Challenged,and he's fallen in LOVE with Nick's Pets. Is Nick going to be making any more soon? He keeps hoping that anyone one will pop up when the eggs hatch or when the animals grow up. He really does like a LOT of the animals, but Nick is by far his favorite <3

This is so sweet ;o; unfortunately we can't guarantee if Nick will make more pets soon but we do beg, haha.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vanendra » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:09 am

Hello!: I was wondering if, for the 2nd gen litters, we could see the parenting pets in the archive area? I've been here a long time and would like to organize my pets into little families if I could, but I have no idea who the parents are.
Vanendra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Vanendra wrote:Hello!: I was wondering if, for the 2nd gen litters, we could see the parenting pets in the archive area? I've been here a long time and would like to organize my pets into little families if I could, but I have no idea who the parents are.

They're all documented on the 2nd/3rd gen guide here! (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MissAviator » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:31 pm

To any of the staff,
How did you guys come up with your username?
Any interesting back stories?
MissAviator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby みりん〇°• » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:18 am

Tess wrote:
↞ Đɇfɇnđɇɍ ↠ wrote:
    To anyone:

Do you know why on earth Tess named the sight Chicken Smoothie or why the website is sort of themed on squids?

I like squids

also, I used to think chickens were pretty cool, so I put chickens in the titles of everything I made. In this case, I couldn't think of a name so I re-used the title of an unrelated website I'd made a few years earlier (that site is gone now)

sooo the name has nothing to do with anything really :thumbup:

What was that website?
Image☙豆 豆 龍 ~ ꪻ ꪮ ꪻ ꪮ ᥅ ꪮ ~ ド ド ロ❧
ImageImageImageClick for ♫
みりん〇°•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vanendra » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:36 am

rockruff wrote:
Vanendra wrote:Hello!: I was wondering if, for the 2nd gen litters, we could see the parenting pets in the archive area? I've been here a long time and would like to organize my pets into little families if I could, but I have no idea who the parents are.

They're all documented on the 2nd/3rd gen guide here! (:

Thank you!!
Vanendra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfie_Girl » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:05 am

Hi staff!
This is for any staff:
If you could be any CS pet what pet would you be?
“Without music, life would be a mistake” ― Friedrich Nietzsch

Dreamies:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wolfie_Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me