Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby .Aurora. » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:17 pm

@all and any staff! :)

Is there any reference you made in creating a pet that wasn’t caught? And if so, are you upset about it?
╒ ═════════ ╕

hello love! thanks for reading my signature! feel free to click around.

VOTE VOTE VOTE

have a wonderful day!

link! | other link!
yet another link! | ©
─────────

└──────────┘
.Aurora.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:51 pm

.Aurora. wrote:

Is there any reference you made in creating a pet that wasn’t caught? And if so, are you upset about it?

I usually let everyone know about any hidden themes or references that weren't caught but a few slip though, I wouldn't say I'm upset or anything though.

Here's a few that slipped through, if anyone noticed I don't think they said anything, lol.

I only have one popular media based one, I took some inspiration from Howl's moving castle with the face feathers here:

Most are just subtle details, like this unicorn has a candy corn horn

This unicorn deer was based off a costume I did the year prior for halloween

Image Image Image

And this bunny is based off a real species of rabbit, the sumatran striped rabbit

Image Image

I really like to hide easter eggs in my pets or base them off unusually animals
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroWander » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:50 am

To: Any staff

Do you ever base designs of pets or items off of people you know?
I've found myself creating art based off of my irl friends and mentors and wanted to know if anyone else does this, hehe...
Moderately more active recently
AuroWander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:05 pm

.Aurora. wrote:

I hide little details every now and then, and it just makes me happy when they're picked up on. And the ones that don't... well.... ^^; Maybe someday, they'll have their day.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paul. » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:11 pm

Any staff members, (Preferably older ones (ones who have been on this site for a long time))

What was it like during the early CS days? Also, How active were you on threads and players on CS? Were there any events/things that happened that made history and may be remembered for a long time by early/any CS players?

Trade Thread
Click Here!
Paul.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:07 pm

chickenlover456 wrote:how much time do you spend on CS?

It usually depends on how busy I am, but usually I try to spend at least 2 or 3 hours a day.
Kesidi wrote:To Anyone

Hello, I was just reading Tess's article about custom pets. And so far the only custom pet I have seen was Lilian Nightshade's so my "question" is: if you have a custom pet can you show it to us? Thank you soo much. You're all awesome.

sugar free. wrote:Do you guys have any customs? If so, I wanna hear some backstory :> I've seen many customs but don't really know the inspiration and what you did to earn it :P

Here's mine, it's of my sona that a user had designed for me back in my GH days, I've always loved her design so I was so happy to have her as my custom!
Soft Sand wrote:
    To: anyone

With the new Pokémon games almost upon us, which of the Gen 8 starters is your favorite? How about your favorite starter overall?

Sobble is my boy, I love him so much! Aside from him, Wooloo is one of my absolute favorite pokemon from the Galar region, I'm always a sucker for the sheep.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:34 am

Paul. wrote:Any staff members, (Preferably older ones (ones who have been on this site for a long time))

What was it like during the early CS days? Also, How active were you on threads and players on CS? Were there any events/things that happened that made history and may be remembered for a long time by early/any CS players?

I was very active in the early days, mainly because I was in the first group of mods right off the bat (hehe bats) so my board presence was pretty noticeable. I did a lot of dumb posts and showed art that is so cringey to look back at now. I still remember names of users from long ago who I used to chat to, livestream to, do art for and such. Fond memories.

I remember some of the old contests we used to hold, I do miss those and hope we can do another someday. The time around the convention we attended was probably the most memorable thing I can think of. Being able to spend my birthday with people I knew so well but barely knew at all simultaneously, in a country far away.. pretty neato :)

Most of the site reminiscing you can find in the Oldies thread somewhere in CS discussion, it's an interesting thread to go through.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolvesfeather » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 am

Any Staff,

My son is severely Autistic and Moderately Challenged,and he's fallen in LOVE with Nick's Pets. Is Nick going to be making any more soon? He keeps hoping that anyone one will pop up when the eggs hatch or when the animals grow up. He really does like a LOT of the animals, but Nick is by far his favorite <3
wolvesfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tea.Time » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:04 pm

myth; wrote:@ SoulWings
What was your inspiration/theme/idea/story behind this years token eggs? They're gorgeous<3

Actually nothing, I just let my brain flow onto some nice eggies =3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I will do off site Trading for Aywas [items and or gp]
ImageImageImage
(#12) ..-
Tea.Time
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Paul. wrote:Any staff members, (Preferably older ones (ones who have been on this site for a long time))

Seconding everything Vampy already said! CS was a lot more laid-back and silly when it first started up. We were just a bunch of kids messing around; it's really funny to me to think about some of the things Tess let us get away with xD Of course, CS was a lot smaller back then, and as the site grew in popularity we had to follow new rules to accommodate the ever-growing community.

It's very humbling to think back on CS when it first started up because I've seen so much get added over the years... the Oekaki, the roleplay board, the C$ store, the dressup feature... we didn't have those in 2008. Everyone hated PPS pets because they genuinely thought their pet had a disease rather than being a variation that the artist chose to release. And Warrior cats were the only thing you saw in adoption centers; watching them rise in demand was so funny to me because I remember when people hated them and even deleted them.

I started CS as a kid and now I'm an adult. It feels really amazing to me, considering that everyone probably thought that CS would be a thing of the past 10 years down the road... but here we are, still going strong.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes