*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide *New* UR Peach Poll! Vote!

Postby myth; » Sat May 19, 2018 1:55 am

splatoon wrote:
    I believe the skelebun should definitely be placed very close to the top of the mains list. (sunjewel-moonswirl tier)
    It is very hard to find skelebuns because it was the first store pet and store pets can't be re released so they're all true date. The demand is insane, considering all the people who want to complete their collection. Because it is the oldest pet that can't be re released, it should be considered one of the rarest or the rarest and one of the most valuable pets on the site.

I agree, even if it isn't the rarest pet as of right now, if this discussion takes as long as the peach placement did, it will be then. Perhaps make the options the top of the list only? From 2 nons all the way to 6 nons? Or is that too big a gap?

As for the pet demand offered.. that may be tricky. Some people value pets at sorbets and others at multiple nons, like the cinnabun and zebras. I value OMGSR zebras at 2 nons, some only value them at a non or less. And the UR Butterfly has been proven to trade for 1-3 nons.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat May 19, 2018 1:57 am

@myth I think that’s much too big of a gap personally. As well as I think we will need to just see how much trade evidence and offers we get and where the majority of them lay at for a better decision?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slamaberry » Sat May 19, 2018 2:06 am

I think that the skelebun should be placed at the moon swirl tier as some of you said it is a store pet and can never come out as a rerelease therefore its demand will keep going up and it will become less and less common as more people join, I also think that it would be cool to have it placed on the sun jewel tier because CS needs more EXTREMELY rare pets :3

ImageImageImage
╔═════════════════════════╗

xxxxxxxxHᴇʟʟᴏ, ɪ'ᴍ ꜱʟᴀᴍᴀʙᴇʀʀʏ.
xxxxxxxx ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ!
xxxꜰᴇᴇʟ ꜰʀᴇᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇɴᴅ a trade!
xxxxxxxxxxxX3
xxxxxxx

╚═════════════════════════╝
ImageImage

slamaberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Sat May 19, 2018 2:15 am

s a g e wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=72231816&userid=576089&signature=d1HMqSZJELnvXz2_vhdv2g

2018- 04-08

Do you mind letting us know what you value the worth of this trade at? It will help our sorting.

I agree that it should be very high. I also agree with Elemental that we need to gather trade evidence. Isn't there a thread somewhere that DD was gathering trades with the bun or am I imagining it?
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat May 19, 2018 2:19 am

Crestalia wrote:
s a g e wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=72231816&userid=576089&signature=d1HMqSZJELnvXz2_vhdv2g

2018- 04-08

Do you mind letting us know what you value the worth of this trade at? It will help our sorting.

I agree that it should be very high. I also agree with Elemental that we need to gather trade evidence. Isn't there a thread somewhere that DD was gathering trades with the bun or am I imagining it?

Here~
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s a g e » Sat May 19, 2018 2:21 am

Crestalia wrote:

2018- 04-08

I value the coontail side at 4 nons +
Because:
Coontail at 2 nons, Liontail set also at 2 nons and the others are just a addition ^^

s a g e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Sat May 19, 2018 2:23 am

Thank you both! I will likely start compiling trades in this post. However, if I disappear it's because I was dragged away by family. Feel free to PM me trades you have found or start a post yourself. I don't mind either way. ^^

Each of these is attached with any comments found to ensure that they are sorted by how the traders valued their pet.

6+ nons
5-7-18 - Valued at 6+ nons
5-718 - Valued at less than 8 nons
5-5-18 - Valued at 5-7 nons (adding here because the value reaches above 6)

5-6 nons
5-13-18 - Valued at 5 nons + 2 sorbets
5-7-18 - Valued at 5-6 nons

4-5 nons
4-8-18 - Coontail at 2 nons, Liontail set also at 2 nons and the others are just a addition
5-14-18 - Valued at 4 nons + 2 sorbets
5-14-18 - Valued at 4 nons + 1-2 sorbets

3-4 nons
5-18-18 - Valued at 3 nons + Purple Toxic
5-4-18 - Valued at 3 nons

2-3 nons
9-4-17 - Tried to keep value as close to 2 nons.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Sat May 19, 2018 4:31 am

I'd just like to point out the Skelebun just became OMGSR so it's not close to being 'the rarest pet on the site' quite yet ^^"
I do honestly think people are trading that much due to the rarity change and the huge shock that followed it for several months. Placing it at a Moonswirl of UR Bwolf isn't a terrible idea, much like the tiger dog people will still trade whatever they want for it regardless of where we put it. It's has higher demand since the rarity change (and shortly before), very low supply and a high rarity. Realistically, I don't see it swapping for either of those pets, but setting a standard is important. I'd agree with a moonswirl or UR Bwolf tier; possibly the plains zebra as well
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Sat May 19, 2018 4:36 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:As for that question raven, I would say we need to value them at their regular value. As we won’t know what the other people valued them at when they offered...?

I personally agree with this. Demand is so hard to pin down on some pets and it's different for everyone. Just because the person who received the trade or the person who offered the trade saw a pet as "bad demand" doesn't mean the next person will. There are people out there who value pets like the zebras and rats normally.

And I'd like to mention that along the same lines of this, trades involving crazy high demand pets like the Raven shouldn't be taken as the Raven "worth a non" or anything like that. They're not -worth- that rarity-wise and we all know that. If anything, we may need to just sideline those kind of trades or put them in their own section on the list of trades that says they're too hard to value because of a pet that has demand that brings its so called "worth" far higher than it should be.

We're trying to work toward focusing more on rarity when placing pets. And if that's the case, then we shouldn't be overvaluing pets included in a trade because of that sort of "demand". I'm trying to make as much sense as I can, so I'm sorry I don't. I just woke up. x.x

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Sat May 19, 2018 5:06 am

That's why we use "valued at" Elijah. These are what the players value their pet since demand can change that drastically. Since most of these trades include at least one high demand store pet like the raven or liontail, we would be left with just a handful of trades. People are offering these high demand store pets because it will increase their chances of getting their trade accepted. That's the point of sending out the trade in the first place.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me