For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby Sukio » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:17 am

I joined Sept of 2009 so I guess I'm an oldie too.
I really miss the old ways of trading, even though people took advantage of others back then, I honestly feel as if it's worse now. After the end of the LIST system, everything just went haywire. I liked the rarity system we had back then. It was simple and easy.

But what I miss the most is the quality of the lines. We had limited lines, and it really stretched the artists imagination to come up with interesting and wonderful concepts each month. I really miss that. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the new lines too, and more pets are fun, but I honestly feel like I would rather have higher quality design with fewer pets each month.

I only collect pets I like now, because it's impossible to collect every pet. I keep about 1/5-1/4 pet outcomes a month. Everything else just goes into trade fodder. I'm a CS addict so I'm not going anywhere, but it's kinda like, OH...yeah... new month... guess I gotta check the adoptions. Where as before I was on my computer waiting for hours for the new month drop. Guess that's the price of success. Usually happens doesn't it? You find something awesome and the more people that also find it, the less appealing it becomes.
Sukio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HanniBun » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:29 am

Old member, but I do not remember the old layout in the slightest lol
I remember the old pound system and did like it more, but the newer is more fair. Was fun to peek at the pets and remember the page to immediately jump to that page and snag the pet. Trading now seems much harder with less players and the tier system being broken. I don't see how new players can feasibly collect every pet without dropping money into offsite trading or C$.

Not sure how I found CS? But I did play Ovipets when that was around as well.
╔════════════╗

Art Blog Characters

╚════════════╝

───────────────────────────────────
Hello I'm Hanni
I'm a huge nerd that loves to draw, read, and write.
I have an obsession with jellyfish, cats, and plants.
Please be patient for replies as I'm not always on.
Not very active on CS anymore.

HanniBun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sukio » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:39 am

HanniBun wrote:[centerI don't see how new players can feasibly collect every pet without dropping money into offsite trading or C$.
[/center]

Completely agree, but applies to old players too. That's why I gave up trying.
Sukio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HanniBun » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 am

Sukio wrote:Completely agree, but applies to old players too. That's why I gave up trying.

Oh yeah, I had a near complete for some time, but got bored and they kept releasing more URs and more species I didn't care for. It was more fun to collect specific pets instead
╔════════════╗

Art Blog Characters

╚════════════╝

Hello I'm Hanni
I'm a huge nerd that loves to draw, read, and write.
I have an obsession with jellyfish, cats, and plants.
Please be patient for replies as I'm not always on.
Not very active on CS anymore.

HanniBun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MasterLiaslentak » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:09 pm

HanniBun wrote:
Sukio wrote:Completely agree, but applies to old players too. That's why I gave up trying.

Oh yeah, I had a near complete for some time, but got bored and they kept releasing more URs and more species I didn't care for. It was more fun to collect specific pets instead

I've been around since July 2008 and got this account in 2009. Around 2014/15 I got legitimately serious about getting the full dog collection, so much as winning an art contest to get someone's like...entire pet collection and using Flight Rising currency to bolster some of my trades and I'm still *NOWHERE* near getting all the list pets and dogs.

I find the store pets are legit the most hard to get. I really wish they'd rerelease the oldies from 09/10. Even if it was a contest or limited release to get 100 back into the system of the slepnir, cerberus, the feed me/drink me set, and the raven dog and marionette to name a few.
I'm playing LOLO
My lights are currently:
OFF

I have received: _12_ Treats and _2_ Tricks
I have given: _5_ Treats and _0_ Tricks
I always give personal messages, and halloween related tricks or treats.
MasterLiaslentak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:44 pm

Oh my goodness, me too! I totally had the goal of "one of every pet on CS" back in '09-- it was a very valid goal at the time! Unfortunately, I really slacked on trading and after I got sick I didn't have nearly enough time to commit to trading. Now it's 2020 and I'm kicking myself for not putting a little more into things. Oops :lol:

I remember I threw basically my entire collection at an auction so I could send my friend two Jokers. At the time I was so concerned that I wasn't paying enough (with a tiny feeling of "omg how am i getting away with underpaying like this") but in hindsight, something like 200~ '08 and '09 pets was, uh... more than enough. RIP my collection.

Also, shoutout to younger me; if I remember correctly, I adopted several toxics off-account and decided not to register because I didn't want to put in the effort. I.. I could've adopted them.. all I had to do was register... :lol:
I've taken to shouting "SQUIDS FOR THE SQUID GOD" every time I collect squids for my hoard, and it's made my life significantly better

🎃 Lights OFF 🎃

Tiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DuskzeHedgie » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:30 pm

Tiger wrote:Oh my goodness, me too! I totally had the goal of "one of every pet on CS" back in '09-- it was a very valid goal at the time! Unfortunately, I really slacked on trading and after I got sick I didn't have nearly enough time to commit to trading. Now it's 2020 and I'm kicking myself for not putting a little more into things. Oops :lol:

I remember I threw basically my entire collection at an auction so I could send my friend two Jokers. At the time I was so concerned that I wasn't paying enough (with a tiny feeling of "omg how am i getting away with underpaying like this") but in hindsight, something like 200~ '08 and '09 pets was, uh... more than enough. RIP my collection.

Also, shoutout to younger me; if I remember correctly, I adopted several toxics off-account and decided not to register because I didn't want to put in the effort. I.. I could've adopted them.. all I had to do was register... :lol:

ugh oh my gosh younger me did stuff like this too. I remember a friend of mine from another site joined CS and I was like "feel free to look through my groups and take some pets you want!" They sent like a dozen trades asking for HUNDREDS of pets, and I felt bad refusing them 'cause we were friends, but MOST of those were 09 rares. I still regret it to this day, because they still play CS, but they've completely stopped talking to me. They absolutely ghosted me and never said thank you or anything. God, I was such an idiot back then. I used to let people guilt me out of everything and it still bothers me so much. I had to completely start over my 09 collection after that and I'm still missing so many pets. X-X ugh im such an idiot.
DuskzeHedgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:37 pm

DuskzeHedgie wrote:
Tiger wrote:Oh my goodness, me too! I totally had the goal of "one of every pet on CS" back in '09-- it was a very valid goal at the time! Unfortunately, I really slacked on trading and after I got sick I didn't have nearly enough time to commit to trading. Now it's 2020 and I'm kicking myself for not putting a little more into things. Oops :lol:

ugh oh my gosh younger me did stuff like this too. I remember a friend of mine from another site joined CS and I was like "feel free to look through my groups and take some pets you want!" They sent like a dozen trades asking for HUNDREDS of pets, and I felt bad refusing them 'cause we were friends, but MOST of those were 09 rares. I still regret it to this day, because they still play CS, but they've completely stopped talking to me. They absolutely ghosted me and never said thank you or anything. God, I was such an idiot back then. I used to let people guilt me out of everything and it still bothers me so much. I had to completely start over my 09 collection after that and I'm still missing so many pets. X-X

HAHAHAA YES. I just went through some of my really old trades and I'm laughing so hard at the 09 rares that I just threw around at the slightest provocation. Totally had the same experience too. My favorite is someone who asked me for several rares, I gifted them, and they never logged on again. It's been over ten years. I don't think they're coming back.

What's really neat though is I clicked through some of my old pets from those trades and noticed they now belong to various users that I've seen here on the forums!

I found a trade from 2010 where I gave someone an '08 rat. It's now sitting in someone's collection with the name "I'm VERY sorry [REDACTED] :(" The redacted name does not match the user who now owns it. I giggled when I saw that. RIP
I've taken to shouting "SQUIDS FOR THE SQUID GOD" every time I collect squids for my hoard, and it's made my life significantly better

🎃 Lights OFF 🎃

Tiger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DuskzeHedgie » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Tiger wrote:HAHAHAA YES. I just went through some of my really old trades and I'm laughing so hard at the 09 rares that I just threw around at the slightest provocation. Totally had the same experience too. My favorite is someone who asked me for several rares, I gifted them, and they never logged on again. It's been over ten years. I don't think they're coming back.

What's really neat though is I clicked through some of my old pets from those trades and noticed they now belong to various users that I've seen here on the forums!

I found a trade from 2010 where I gave someone an '08 rat. It's now sitting in someone's collection with the name "I'm VERY sorry [REDACTED] :(" The redacted name does not match the user who now owns it. I giggled when I saw that. RIP

Oh my gosh XDD apology pets, i remember that being a thing! i wonder if people still do that ;;o;;
I can't stalk old pets I've gifted away, its too depressing. Like, I've gifted around five different ravens for example, and most of those, despite being the persons "dreamie" ended up traded or auctioned off like a week later. After all the effort and cost I went to get it. Or like, I remember getting an animal egg #5 for someone, and literally the next week they decided to quit CS, and they- didn't even offer to give it back or anything. Like dude, you were going crazy looking for this 5 mins ago, what happened. xD A bunch of other people I'm still friends with, who I met on CS, no longer play it because they've "outgrown it" so a ton of valuable stuff I gave them is just sitting there. I've definitely learned my lesson here. I'm not gifting lists to anyone who casually plays ever again, and I don't dare check up on any pets I've sent people in the past. It kills me. XD
DuskzeHedgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toydog21 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:53 pm

I was here b4 the login feature i didnt sign up earlier cuz age restrictions :( I remember the old pets you couldn't save them to an account.
ImageImage

94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who love wolves and think they are amazing creatures.

90% of people think dragons are creepy as heck. But 7% of people say dragons would destroy everything if they were real. 2% set off to find some dragons, but fail. Put this on your siggy if you are in the 1% of people who would be by a dragon's side forever.
Toydog21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me