For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby Chry » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:14 pm

It's been so long now that I honestly can't remember how I found Chicken Smoothie.

Possibly could have been through an obscure tamagotchi forum I was a part of way back yonder xD

I do remember that I joined in september 08 (yay for my smooth-aversary), and still have some of those pets from then too lol. They're as old and wrinkly as me haha
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:43 am

I’m... pretty sure I found CS through Dragon Cave? That or maybe Unicreatures (anyone remember thar?xD); back in... I think I briefly checked it out before there were real accounts, but I for sure joined up permanently in late September ‘08 and I’ve been here ever since xD

(Also, absolutely adoring all the sorta re-releases and remixes of old pet designs xD I’m trying to collect some of my early faves/original adopts, but maaan if that isn’t a doozy now! The remixes are a nice way to fill the nostalgia void for cheap xD)
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:51 am

Makoto Kino wrote:Unicreatures (anyone remember thar?xD)

YES

Unicreatures and Unifaction were my internet home since April 2008... and then the plug was pulled in January 2016 so abruptly ;__; I miss them so much
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnochianGhost » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:39 am

nickjr wrote:
Makoto Kino wrote:Unicreatures (anyone remember thar?xD)

YES

Unicreatures and Unifaction were my internet home since April 2008... and then the plug was pulled in January 2016 so abruptly ;__; I miss them so much

I was on Unicreatures an Unifaction too! I remember being so shocked and disappointed when it was gone, but honestly not much else about it. Weird.
♡ Pet Spotlight ♡
♡ Art Spotlight ♡
ImageImage

Call me Ghost.
She/he pronouns.

THIGDAAo3

ImageImage
EnochianGhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heathersmoo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:10 am

This is fascinating to read
I COLLECT KEYCHAINS! Шлите мне брелки!

heathersmoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☼find your wings☼ » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:14 am

Le.Bone.Witch wrote:
Skiv wrote:Ah, my people! I remember first laying eyes on somebody's CS doggos on their Horseland page and the rest is history~
Remember the flash games though? Gosh those were fun~
I remember having a giant horse and discovering secret caves in the gardens, it was a good time ^^
I'm curious about the history of that site, who created it and such, maybe a video essay will pop up about it haha

Haha the flash games were later, I dont think my comp could handle it when they came out with them. I was such a crappy player, like I just bred endless horses and always got upset when they ended up in "slaughter houses" but I kept making junk horses regardless lmao

Going along with the topic of where we found CS.
I was big into the game Petz and Nick had this program he made called Petz A that was like a simplified cheat for the game. I found the program linked on a different Petz fan website (cause back then I feel like everything had its own site lmao) and thus found Silent Wolf Kennelz in the process. Which is where Tessa, Manda and Nick all hosted stuff related to petz and Tessa had her little adoptable on some page somewhere (i don't exactly remember) and it linked to CS and i was like hmm cool I will check that out and been here ever since. xD

I was trying to remember where I found CS and then I read this and it instantly clicked omg the Petz A! I remember looking for adoptables to put in my Petz games and especially looking for the "exotic" ones that were modded to look like bears, horses, unicorns, pokemon all that fun stuff! Wow, I totally forgot about all that, but I know I found CS but didn't sign up for a few years later in 2010. I can't believe i've been on this site for nearly a decade. This makes me wanna go play some Petz now lol
x
x
x
x
x
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
Image Image © Image
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

ImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage

xxxxxxxxxxxx
☼find your wings☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rhiley » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:44 am

This is so nostalgic.

I don't even remember how I found CS, sadly! I so wish I did.

I feel like it could have been from Nutrinopets or Virtualpups, both of which have closed down now! Ugh!
Lauren, service dog handler, she/her.

154 pets until a 100% complete pet collection! :)
Rhiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sleep token » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:36 pm

i remember finding CS by accident, joined in 2009 and then promptly forgot about it until 2010. i was waaaaaay more active on Valenth (anyone remember it?)
dima. || it pronouns. || adult. || existing.
    sleep token

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby SAPPHOLYTE » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:11 pm

☼find your wings☼ wrote:
    I was trying to remember where I found CS and then I read this and it instantly clicked omg the Petz A! I remember looking for adoptables to put in my Petz games and especially looking for the "exotic" ones that were modded to look like bears, horses, unicorns, pokemon all that fun stuff! Wow, I totally forgot about all that, but I know I found CS but didn't sign up for a few years later in 2010. I can't believe i've been on this site for nearly a decade. This makes me wanna go play some Petz now lol

I wish I could play it, my comp doesn't support it sadly. Like it just endlessly crashes when I open it. The whole community is dead anyways. ;-;
    ♀//🏳️‍🌈//♌//RadFem
    Joan Ferguson/Vera Bennett && Bellatrix Lestrange/Hermione Granger && Maleficent/Aurora
    SAPPHOLYTE

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Ariete » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:20 am

On my old account I was here from 2011 (like I literallyyy just came back) and omg I searched my old username and I used to post in the trade rant thread literally every single day. I wasn't around when it got closed down (?) so idk what happened to it? Can anyone explain? I miss it already lol

Also it's hit me that back then 'uncommon' used to basically mean 'very common' and I'd give them away like nothing. Glad they have value now :lol:
    Ariete

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me