Recent Rarity Change List [January Update in progress!!]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Recent Rarity Change List/Discussion

Postby ryka » Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 am

That's a relief. I'm struggling as is to find my dreamy, considering I don't have equivalents to trade for. I just hope I get something in Dec 18 to trade for it or maybe someone will accept my massive amount of R/VRs for the July PPS. *crosses fingers*
Also... When is the dear Holy Fox Dog gonna hit VR? poor thing is loved by no one :'( *hugs Dante*
ImageImage
Thanks for knowing how to make me SMILE...
ryka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jovana97 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:54 am

ryka wrote:That's a relief. I'm struggling as is to find my dreamy, considering I don't have equivalents to trade for. I just hope I get something in Dec 18 to trade for it or maybe someone will accept my massive amount of R/VRs for the July PPS. *crosses fingers*
Also... When is the dear Holy Fox Dog gonna hit VR? poor thing is loved by no one :'( *hugs Dante*

I'm wondering that too...Especially because i've got mine from Pound and it's one of my favourite '08 advents ^.^ *hugs Ivory* I may change her name to Ivy,it's cuter but i think i already named one my pets like that xD *sorry for off-topic*
ImageImage
jovana97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripted » Tue May 17, 2011 10:48 am

odin wrote:
RainbowCat wrote:
ryka wrote:Do you think the July PPS will make it to OMGSR?

I don't think so, there are rarer pets like the dogtag.

Also, they have the advent re releases so that this won't happen. ^^'

I wouldn't say that. The Rerelease is only 1 day and it's not like everyone gets July/August '08 dogs from the Rerelease.

If the site keeps gaining new members as fast as it is now, then I completely believe that the July/August '08's will start going OMGsr.

Don't forget, rarity is based on number of members. The more members there are, the less chance they can each have that pet.

For example, I'll use the Dogtag, since it's technically the rarest dog on the site(The Sunjewel and Moonswirl are just more popular).

So, say at the beginning of May, there are 160,000 registered members. Just for the sake of this example, say there are 10,000 Dogtags on the site.

Now, it's the beginning of June and there are 170,000 registered members. There's still only 10,000 Dogtags on the site. Therefore, it has become rarer. It may still be a Very Rare, but it is indeed rarer than it was a month earlier.

So with that logic, yes the July/August '08's can become OMGsr.

All the Rerelease really does it give more people an opportunity to get those pets, it doesn't flood the site with them. It just causes a pet's rarity to fluctuate a bit for a few months and then they go back to where they were and become rarer throughout the year.

If you want proof of this theory, just look at the last Rerelease(2010). Before the Rerelease, the UR Butterfly Wolf and UR Cat were OMGsr. After the next update, they went down to Very Rare. Now they're back up to OMGsr. That proves right there that throughout the months after the Rerelease, pets do in fact become rarer.

So in short, yes I do believe that the July/August '08's(rats included) will become OMGsr. I'm not saying soon, but I am saying they will.
Scripted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Tue May 17, 2011 11:42 am

You just have to remember that there are far less UR pets than there are of the July/August pets.
Only the banana (And 2 of the zebras) managed to stay on OMGsr after December 18 2010.
The UR cat and mint horse barely made it to OMGsr before a bunch more was rereleased and they're still not back up.
(Or wait, did the mint horse even make it to OMGsr? o.O)

Sure the pets will get rarer over time, but I think the rereleased pets are enough to keep them from turning OMGsr.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripted » Tue May 17, 2011 11:56 am

Minimanta wrote:You just have to remember that there are far less UR pets than there are of the July/August pets.
Only the banana (And 2 of the zebras) managed to stay on OMGsr after December 18 2010.
The UR cat and mint horse barely made it to OMGsr before a bunch more was rereleased and they're still not back up.
(Or wait, did the mint horse even make it to OMGsr? o.O)

Sure the pets will get rarer over time, but I think the rereleased pets are enough to keep them from turning OMGsr.

Oh, I know it won't be any time soon. I'm just saying that I do believe they will reach OMGsr eventually.

As for the Mint Horse, it actually did make it up to OMGsr, but I don't think it's made it back yet.
Scripted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Tue May 17, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm just saying that we shouldn't expect any of the July/August pets to go OMGsr before the 4 old UR pets are permanently OMGsr. And that can take a while with the annual rereleases.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Super Scripted wrote:
I wouldn't say that. The Rerelease is only 1 day and it's not like everyone gets July/August '08 dogs from the Rerelease.

If the site keeps gaining new members as fast as it is now, then I completely believe that the July/August '08's will start going OMGsr.

Don't forget, rarity is based on number of members. The more members there are, the less chance they can each have that pet.

For example, I'll use the Dogtag, since it's technically the rarest dog on the site(The Sunjewel and Moonswirl are just more popular).

So, say at the beginning of May, there are 160,000 registered members. Just for the sake of this example, say there are 10,000 Dogtags on the site.

Now, it's the beginning of June and there are 170,000 registered members. There's still only 10,000 Dogtags on the site. Therefore, it has become rarer. It may still be a Very Rare, but it is indeed rarer than it was a month earlier.

All the Rerelease really does it give more people an opportunity to get those pets, it doesn't flood the site with them. It just causes a pet's rarity to fluctuate a bit for a few months and then they go back to where they were and become rarer throughout the year.

If you want proof of this theory, just look at the last Rerelease(2010). Before the Rerelease, the UR Butterfly Wolf and UR Cat were OMGsr. After the next update, they went down to Very Rare. Now they're back up to OMGsr. That proves right there that throughout the months after the Rerelease, pets do in fact become rarer.

So in short, yes I do believe that the July/August '08's(rats included) will become OMGsr. I'm not saying soon, but I am saying they will.

I disagree. Remember this for all these new people joining: in December at the advent, there will be a more VR '08's released than the year before because there are more members, and more people to adopt on the 18th. So, all in all, I think it evens out. I don't think the older '08 pets will go OMGSR.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scripted » Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm

odin wrote:
Super Scripted wrote:

I disagree. Remember this for all these new people joining: in December at the advent, there will be a more VR '08's released than the year before because there are more members, and more people to adopt on the 18th. So, all in all, I think it evens out. I don't think the older '08 pets will go OMGSR.

Except you have to take into consideration all of the people who join but don't really use the site by the time the Rerelease comes around. As long as those accounts are still open they will be counted towards the rarity.

There are alot of determining factors that can cause those pets to go OMGsr. So to say they never will because of 1 day out of the year doesn't really beat every other possibility.

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying there's no reason to say they never will just because of 1 thing.
Scripted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlossomTail » Sat May 21, 2011 11:33 am

When did this turn VR? Sorry if it was a long time ago, or has already been posted. ^^'
| B e e |

Looking for Flightrising/C$ trades!
user - tifftac

Balance: 786g | 375kt
Balance: 18C$

BlossomTail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sat May 21, 2011 11:47 am

BlossomTail wrote:

When did this turn VR? Sorry if it was a long time ago, or has already been posted. ^^'

Yup, a couple of months ago I believe.
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me