--<--@ CS World Records V --<--@

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: --<--@ CS World Records V --<--@

Postby zippo933 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:49 am

Orchid Sprig wrote:
Shian wrote:
mayo. wrote:Largest all pony hoard
I have 164 ponies

I don't know how/if I'm going to add this yet. If I do, where do donkeys go? Do they get counted as ponies?

Thus far, I've just counted horses and ponies the same, but if I separated them, that would mean some "all horse hoards" would no longer be valid for that category but it would double the amount of current hoard records. Thoughts?

I, personally, would keep the horses and ponies together. It seems ponies are a bit like rats in that not many people will exclusively hoard them. If you do separate them though, I would group donkeys with ponies since they are derived from those lines.

With the horse and pony linearts being re-done weren't the Donkey's going to get remade too? If donkeys get their own lineart they'd probably just fall under special species like the drafts right? If they just remain edited pony lines then I'd keep them with the ponies.

And I just have to say that using the argument that 'not a lot of people hoard just ponies' is kind of like saying just because they aren't popular means they aren't worth anything to anyone. There are plenty of people out there who hoard just ponies who have no chance of beating a record because other people are allowed what amounts to 'anything goes' hoards and can chuck and horse or pony they want into a group and call it a hoard.

I might suggest allowing a record for a combined group so that the current record holder doesn't lose their record (and I suggest this mostly because none of the other current record holders would necessarily lose their records, the title would change but the hoard still qualifies if I'm not mistaken). Maybe call it the Largest Equine Hoard (and largest Equine PPS Hoard for the same reason) or something since equine covers both horses and ponies and then have the hoards specifically for horses or ponies below that.

So the records might look something like this:

Largest Equine Hoard
((This record would be a hoard for both horses and ponies))
-current record here-

Largest PPS Equine Hoard
((This record would be a hoard for both horses and ponies))
-current record here-

Largest Horse Hoard
-record here-

Largest Single Variation Horse Hoard
-record here-

Largest PPS Horse Hoard
-record here-

Largest Single Variation PPS Horse Hoard
-record here-

Largest Pony Hoard
-record here-

Largest Single Variation Pony Hoard
-record here-

Largest PPS Pony Hoard
-record here-

Largest Single Variation PPS Pony Hoard
-record here-

Anyway, that's my two cents. I only suggest the combined hoards to be fair to the current record holders who may not want to split their hoards just to still qualify for a record. Other than that, I don't see any reason to keep them together. It's sort of like saying they aren't their own separate species just because they're on the same adopt page or something. I dunno, I just never really understood why they were combined in the first place I guess. ^^;
Dreaming of Spring~
zippo933

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:24 am

If I am going to split them, they will be split. I wouldn't be adding "equine hoard"
So either,
A. They are counted as the same thing because they are on the same page or
B. They are not counted as the same thing and horses and ponies would be seperate.
Adding a general "equine" hoard category would not make any sense if the goal is to have them separate so pony people can have a hoard since no other species does this. The number of horse hoards would be tripled again making it somewhat unbalanced with the people who collect other species.
Many of the current record holders won't be affected anyways since they are still all horse hoards.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo933 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:03 am

Like I said, it was just a suggestion. I don't hoard horses or ponies (in all honesty I've never been a big fan of either species xD) but I'm all for seeing them split up because I don't see a reason for them to be all mashed together like one or the other isn't good enough for it's own hoard records or something. It's like saying 'people think ponies are dumb so we're just going to hide them under the 'horse' title and call it good'.

And like I brought up in my last post, just saying 'not a lot of people hoard just one or the other' is just an excuse not to make new groups. Kind of like when the PPS hoard records were being discussed and people were saying 'there aren't that many outcomes'. All the available PPS hoard records are now filled so there were more people out there who hoarded a single species of PPS pet than a lot of people thought there were. Might be the same with a just horse or just pony hoards too. And I honestly come across more pony hoards than I do horse hoards but maybe that's just coincidence. *nods*
Dreaming of Spring~
zippo933

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:27 am

I'd say split them.
They are two seperate linearts that are regularly released, and I suppose the only reason they're together on the adoption page is because they're equines *shrugs*
I've seen many people just hoard either of the two, so I also don't see how they wouldn't be popular enough c:
Of course, the debate about popularity could be led for a while, but IMO the fact that the two are different regular adopts is enough to justify a category.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I have a complete collection now c:

If you are looking through my groups, my UR Tiger is hiding with the store pets in the Castle of Glass group, and my UR Lion is hiding with the CE Galaxy Team. Sunjewel & Moonswirl are in the Castle of Knights group. The rest are in the normal pet groups for the most part ^.^
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherry claw » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:14 am

Hi
I hold the SINGLE VARIATION PPS RAT HOARD record, just to update my record. I now have 42.
~Juniperstar

Never thought I would be someone who had an animated sig. I guess I am just that fabulous.
Go Dan and Phil!

Image ImageImage
cherry claw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DerbyGirl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:39 am

Been collecting and collecting, I think my hoard finally qualifies for something again. xD

Largest "OMG so common" single variation non dog hoard

Currently at 216
Let's Chat! wrote:Trade and pet value
questions? 1×1 RP? Just want to chat?
Feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open!

Image ImageImage ~ Image
DerbyGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fishflopin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Largest 2012 single variation NON-DOG hoard

Pet's name: mary-lou

green 2012 butterfly cat hoard
there are 720 cats
The group-> http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... erid=44451

and largest pps cat hoard/largest single variation pps cat hoard(either one)

Pet's name: Minnie

purple 2012 pps butterfly cat hoard
there are 125 cats
The group-> http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... erid=44451
Dracarys

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
[b][color=#800080]
fishflopin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Allysun » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:55 am

~Largest Litter (same blanket) New Cat Hoard~
This record is currently held by: Allysun (4426)

^
Now up to 5006~
Heya, the name's Allysun!
I'm a pet site addict, casual artist, and IT worker.

I've been slowly working on completing my pet/item collections. Also always seeking more dalmatian spotted pets and August 2012 munchkins! Always open to trades! <3

Trade Thread | Toyhou.se | Art Fight
Allysun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me