For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby Evolve » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Thinking.Kiwi wrote:all I clearly remember is chatting with Tess in the site live-chat while she was drawing new litters. It was amazing! haha~
I remember how worried I was once they implemented the accounts and I was worried I wouldn't be able to add the pets I had 'adopted' from someone else into my account haha. (spoiler, everything was just fine)

My biggest regret...... not having adopted 21201 pets from the cards litter so I wouldn't be suffering trying to find a joker for 12 years! ;u;

Oh my gosh, isn't that the truth xD

I am so scared of what will kill me in the end

For I am not prepared
I hope I will get the chance
To be someone
To be Human
Look what we've done. Look what we've done.
I would give my life to be
Human

Eyes make their

Peace in
Difficulties
With wounded
Lips and salted Cheeks. And finally we step to leave to the departure lounge of disbelief
Evolve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aihal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:54 am

Thinking.Kiwi wrote:all I clearly remember is chatting with Tess in the site live-chat while she was drawing new litters. It was amazing! haha~
I remember how worried I was once they implemented the accounts and I was worried I wouldn't be able to add the pets I had 'adopted' from someone else into my account haha. (spoiler, everything was just fine)

My biggest regret...... not having adopted 21201 pets from the cards litter so I wouldn't be suffering trying to find a joker for 12 years! ;u;

oh man, same. but then, when i think back- the site was SOOOOO slow back then :'] there's no way i would have had the patience for it. there's a reason a lot of those old pets are so rare! it took dedication!

๐Ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ง, ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ!

โ„‘ ๐”ซ๐”ž๐”ช๐”ข๐”ก ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐” ๐”ข, โ„‘ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”จ.
aihal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:48 am

I was always too shy to chat with Tess so I would just watch everyone else have fun ;_;

lizzilou wrote:

oh man, same. but then, when i think back- the site was SOOOOO slow back then :'] there's no way i would have had the patience for it. there's a reason a lot of those old pets are so rare! it took dedication!

Pfft, that was just the Internet in 2008. Everything was pretty slow. :cry: Also I think you could spam the "Adopt" button again and again or just open each one in a new tab. It took dedication for sure.

โ•”โ•โ•โ•*.ยท:ยท.โ˜ฝโœง โœฆ โœงโ˜พ.ยท:ยท.*โ•โ•โ•โ•—
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
โ•šโ•โ•โ•*.ยท:ยท.โ˜ฝโœง โœฆ โœงโ˜พ.ยท:ยท.*โ•โ•โ•โ•
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:50 am

Seasonal wrote:Pfft, that was just the Internet in 2008. Everything was pretty slow. :cry: Also I think you could spam the "Adopt" button again and again or just open each one in a new tab. It took dedication for sure.

Yesss I so remember spamming the adopt button a hundred times and letting it load, to see how many it would have adopted from my spamming. Xโ€™)
Image Image
Not active, wonโ€™t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liv. » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:51 am

Le.Bone.Witch wrote:
Blur wrote:

I've been cleaning out my closet and lookie what I found. <3
    I just need to get them flat again, they're all curled. /lol

Omg I have those and I still have the backpack buttons, they are on my backpack that I keep stuff for work in. I dont care how childish people think me for it, they have no idea I grew up with these pixel dogs. x'D

As a side note I just went looking for the trade rant thread and come to find out they aren't allowed anymore, what the heckles. That was such a popular thing. xD

Wow, bringing back a lot of memories, I never got those stickers as a kid but thought they were so cool!

Canโ€™t believe I hadnโ€™t noticed the disappearance of the trade rant thread, I loved seeing the drama when I was bored :lol:
Liv.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Destiny » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:50 am

Attolia. wrote:
Le.Bone.Witch wrote:
Blur wrote:

I've been cleaning out my closet and lookie what I found. <3
    I just need to get them flat again, they're all curled. /lol

Omg I have those and I still have the backpack buttons, they are on my backpack that I keep stuff for work in. I dont care how childish people think me for it, they have no idea I grew up with these pixel dogs. x'D

As a side note I just went looking for the trade rant thread and come to find out they aren't allowed anymore, what the heckles. That was such a popular thing. xD

Wow, bringing back a lot of memories, I never got those stickers as a kid but thought they were so cool!

Canโ€™t believe I hadnโ€™t noticed the disappearance of the trade rant thread, I loved seeing the drama when I was bored :lol:

Omg I remember those stickers! I so wished I could get them,

and the trade rant thread LOL YES, didnt even realize that it was gone. I joined mid 2010 (so I consider myself right on the edge of the true "old" group)

Anyone remember how you could look up all the members at once under the "members" tab...tried doing that yesterday, and no matter what I do I keep getting the response that im looking up to many people at once!
I AM COMING BACK TO CS
AFTER 8 YEARS

I am missing many pets from being away
Are you quitting or down sizing ?
Please, consider lending me a hand...
So I can lessen my giant gap of missing pets <3
Destiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minaethiel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:06 am

Want to feel even older? Compare your member number to how many accounts there are. Mine is 322, I'm a freaking dinosaur considering there are over 500k accounts on here xD
Lion of the Day
Lion Collection Complete As Of 12/31/19

ImageImageImage
Mods, my sister is Librascal, and we both share an IP
Minaethiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:08 am

STICKEEEEEERS I want stickers ;__; I'm finally old enough to have my own money and I AM READY TO BUY CS MERCH

Minaethiel wrote:Want to feel even older? Compare your member number to how many accounts there are. Mine is 322, I'm a freaking dinosaur considering there are over 500k accounts on here xD

oh god

and you know what else repeatedly blows my mind

some of our accounts are older than the Pound

I remember seeing the Pound come into existence, first as what was basically an adoption center by Tess and Nick at certain times of day, and then only later as something built into the website--and we got a few iterations of it haha
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minaethiel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:13 am

nickjr wrote:
Minaethiel wrote:Want to feel even older? Compare your member number to how many accounts there are. Mine is 322, I'm a freaking dinosaur considering there are over 500k accounts on here xD

oh god

and you know what else repeatedly blows my mind

some of our accounts are older than the Pound

I remember seeing the Pound come into existence, first as what was basically an adoption center by Tess and Nick at certain times of day, and then only later as something built into the website--and we got a few iterations of it haha

Oh my goood, you're right x'D the pound wasn't even a thing at first. *somehow aged a decade in mere seconds*
Lion of the Day
Lion Collection Complete As Of 12/31/19

ImageImageImage
Mods, my sister is Librascal, and we both share an IP
Minaethiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 am

Looking back at my first ever (automated) Pound adopts is wack, man. There's pets in there that people would be hyped to get nowadays, but back then if you got a card litter dog or one of the Advents you just sorta went "meh, I wanted that July dog"

My first pet was adopted on August 26, so I could've had a user ID in the 500 range if I had actually, y'know, made an account right away.
I didn't really feel a need to make one at first because pets weren't on it, anyway, so I didn't til I shook off my shyness about talking in English.
Still in the triple digits, though!

I still have all but one of my dog stickers. I'm always so worried about putting stickers on the 'wrong' things that I never ended up using the dogs because I didn't want to waste them.
So now I still have those, but I'm all out of the smoothie item ones since I spent the last one on my switch, lol.
now will some stranger on the train please recognize it and talk to me about pixel pets? it worked with the flight rising shirt

I always did wish there were more CS item stickers on the sheets, because they're neat and small and cute and we have so many pretty plushies/creatures. Animal Egg stickers, anyone?
โ€ƒ
โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ โ€ƒโ€ƒImage
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ And what of you, my mirror? โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ[PCE] [FR]
โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒcurrently mostly inactiveโ€ƒ
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me