For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby MEAT! » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:09 pm

i remember stalking this thread back in 2012 and hoping one day i could be considered an 'oldie'. nine years later, and i guess i would consider myself one, lol. i remember the hype around shared accounts, and i so badly wanted to have a shared account of my own, but i never went through with it. i remember coding back in 2012 wasnt as 'high tech' as it is now. a lot of my old posts have crazy colors and signatures on them. i had an archive of my old forum signatures and as in stitches laughing at how i coded those, seven, eight years ago.

i remember the trade rant threads and how crazy the arguments would get on there. i cringe looking back at my old posts on there. younger me was such a known it all. i remember all those old rant threads before they were banned. its so crazy to me that i was barely a teenager when i started, a kid really. now im an adult, whos done with school and has a full time job. i wasnt even old enough to have a job back when i started. its just crazy to me that i... grew up with this account, and this account grew up with me. i went on a pretty long hiatus and am now just starting to get back into this website. i find that its something i just cant grow apart of, if you know what i mean.
MEAT!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kawaiiconcept » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:51 am

I keep coming back after a few months breaks.
I feel like every time I need to remake my profile and I wanna just wipe all my posts and start over. For example I used to be overly obsessed with certain youtubers and now I have a boyfriend and those kinds of obsessions are embarrassing...
I dunno
kawaiiconcept

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jeweled » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:40 am

Seasonal wrote:A bit late to jump into the previous conversation, but just noticed this thread again ^^

amarok. wrote:i mean i don't even think it was combining collections, since they did the whole thing with fancy collection divider groups that then started a fashion of having incredibly elaborate group dividers. i wish i still remembered how to make those dividers look right, now i think about it.

I think it seemed appealing because a lot of well-known players did it (like Hekomi and Jeweled). I thought it was a collection thing too. I was also one of those people who didn't have anyone to merge with and started looking for someone, but ultimately I didn't go through with it. That's probably where I first saw group dividers too, because that's when I added them to my own groups.

Weird timing, but, I've just logged in for the first time in (actual) years.

Account sharing--wow, yeah, that was a thing! Honestly, I think it had to do with the combined collections (to some degree), but mostly it was just... for fun, you know? :D

Off I wander again!
Jeweled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrinus » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:53 am

Jeweled wrote:
Seasonal wrote:A bit late to jump into the previous conversation, but just noticed this thread again ^^

amarok. wrote:i mean i don't even think it was combining collections, since they did the whole thing with fancy collection divider groups that then started a fashion of having incredibly elaborate group dividers. i wish i still remembered how to make those dividers look right, now i think about it.

I think it seemed appealing because a lot of well-known players did it (like Hekomi and Jeweled). I thought it was a collection thing too. I was also one of those people who didn't have anyone to merge with and started looking for someone, but ultimately I didn't go through with it. That's probably where I first saw group dividers too, because that's when I added them to my own groups.

Weird timing, but, I've just logged in for the first time in (actual) years.

Account sharing--wow, yeah, that was a thing! Honestly, I think it had to do with the combined collections (to some degree), but mostly it was just... for fun, you know? :D

Off I wander again!

Good to see you around! I remember account sharing. It's against the rules now, but I still see a few older accounts set up that way. IIRC, if you had a shared account before a certain date you wouldn't have to break it. Just that new members can't make shared accounts.
Currently Seeking:
Cobweb Bunny
Cyrinus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kawaiiconcept » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:06 am

I just noticed something
I'm not really interested in exploring the other threads
I really don't know why though
kawaiiconcept

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blur » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:40 am

I've been cleaning out my closet and lookie what I found. <3
    I just need to get them flat again, they're all curled. /lol

ImageImage
Blur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Blur wrote:
    -snip-

Oh my goshhhh I'd completely forgotten those were a thing, that's so cool to see! <3
God I can't remember when those came out, I can see a pet from 2011 it can't of been from that long ago.
I keep thinking it was somewhat recent but I still remember events on here from 2011 like they happened yesterday so anything feels recent at this point. cx
Last edited by Topsy Turvey on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:05 pm

Topsy Turvey wrote:
Blur wrote:
    -snip-

[size=85]Oh my goshhhh I'd completely forgotten those were a thing, that's so cool to see! <3
God I can't remember when those came out, I can see a pet from 2011 it can't of been from that long ago.
I keep thinking it was somewhat recent but I still remember events on here from 2011 like they happened yesterday so anything feels recent at this point. cx

the newest design on the sticker sheets is from (april) 2013, even c:
and the grey dog with the blue back is a 2012 pet.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:12 pm

ZΕL wrote:
Topsy Turvey wrote:
Blur wrote:
    -snip-

Oh my goshhhh I'd completely forgotten those were a thing, that's so cool to see! <3

the newest design on the sticker sheets is from (april) 2013, even c:
and the grey dog with the blue back is a 2012 pet.

Ahhh I thought there were some newer ones, I just didn't recognize them! So it wasn't too long ago then!

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eventingpony24 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:15 pm

Loving all the nostalgia here!

I have been back since the 1st January this year and sadly took a few years break away from almost all my online activity.
I cant remember my join date but looking at my pet groups I must have joined around Oct/Nov of 2009 - Dec 2009 is my first compete pet group. I had a pretty decent early collection but my break has now made it all look a little more sad.

Look forward to reading through more of this thread when I get the chance!
eventingpony24

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me