*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun May 06, 2018 7:02 am

Crestalia wrote:
Since we can post links in polls, we could also have a link attached to the page number. Not only will it reinforce the idea to go look like Elijah said, but it will make it convenient too!

That’s a good idea, I keep forgetting we can do links in polls. So that is something I would be in favor of. So adding in page numbers and links to the trade post itself will be added, along with removing the ‘because it’s fun’ part of the last option.

What about wording? Does everyone agree on that?

Are we agreed on just the three tier options and the extra ‘not counted’ voting option?
Or are we wanting to add in any other options?

Ideally I would like to get the poll up sometime in the mid week this coming week, so that people can start voting and it will be open over the weekend, too, since more people are available then.
Are we agreed on running the poll for 7 days?

Last question. Will we just take whatever option is most popular this time? We need to be agreed upon ahead of time for what will we do upon the ending of this poll so we don’t have another repeat and so we can just *finally* move on.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Sun May 06, 2018 8:07 am

I didn't know we would be added the trade evidence and such; knowing that it doesn't really matter much to me if we include the parantheses information or not. I agree on running the poll for 7 days and then adding whatever option is voted on the most. We can't just keep running polls and then decide not to use the placement voted on. If everyone agrees on running this poll with the stated options, then we should place the peach wherever the most votes are.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sun May 06, 2018 9:13 am

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but may someone please explain this logic to me? Preferably over PM to avoid going off track from the peach issue. I just cannot get my head around it.

1x 2009 rare = 2x 2010 rares = 4x 2011 rares = 8x 2012 rares = 16x 2013 rares = 34x 2014 rares = 68x 2015 rares = 136x 2016 rares = 272x 2017 rares = 544x 2018 rares

So, if I calculated right, 1x 2009 rare = 544x 2018 rares. Why. How. When. What.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun May 06, 2018 10:17 am

myth + destiny wrote:I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but may someone please explain this logic to me? Preferably over PM to avoid going off track from the peach issue. I just cannot get my head around it.

1x 2009 rare = 2x 2010 rares = 4x 2011 rares = 8x 2012 rares = 16x 2013 rares = 34x 2014 rares = 68x 2015 rares = 136x 2016 rares = 272x 2017 rares = 544x 2018 rares

So, if I calculated right, 1x 2009 rare = 544x 2018 rares. Why. How. When. What.

Quick answer: Exponential growth is scary. :'D Ever heard of this story/problem?

btw you made an error going from 2013 to 2014: 16 * 2 = 32

but yeah, 2^9 = 512, and that's what happens if you want to go by the guideline that one rare from year X is strictly worth two rares from year X+1
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ratonhnhaké:ton » Sun May 06, 2018 2:49 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
Crestalia wrote:
Since we can post links in polls, we could also have a link attached to the page number. Not only will it reinforce the idea to go look like Elijah said, but it will make it convenient too!

That’s a good idea, I keep forgetting we can do links in polls. So that is something I would be in favor of. So adding in page numbers and links to the trade post itself will be added, along with removing the ‘because it’s fun’ part of the last option.

What about wording? Does everyone agree on that?

Are we agreed on just the three tier options and the extra ‘not counted’ voting option?
Or are we wanting to add in any other options?

Ideally I would like to get the poll up sometime in the mid week this coming week, so that people can start voting and it will be open over the weekend, too, since more people are available then.
Are we agreed on running the poll for 7 days?

Last question. Will we just take whatever option is most popular this time? We need to be agreed upon ahead of time for what will we do upon the ending of this poll so we don’t have another repeat and so we can just *finally* move on.

i agree with the wording, and i think just those four options are all we need.
i would also say that it should be 7 days and we should accept whatever the outcome is, because this has already taken too long and at this point i just want to see the thing placed tbh.
ratonhnhaké:ton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MapleManokit » Sun May 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered but what are the gaps between teirs?
Such as
X number of advents = 1 September
Or x number of September’s = 1 mainlist
~* Image *~

Image Image Image
MapleManokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun May 06, 2018 2:56 pm

MapleManokit wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered but what are the gaps between teirs?
Such as
X number of advents = 1 September
Or x number of September’s = 1 mainlist

You can find a list with the value of all the gaps on the first page of the thread: here

Postby lil rascal » Sun May 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Animall wrote:
skyline wrote:
Burrito Bunny wrote:I think all trades which aren't clear attempts to ninja should be included. That way we can see if 1 of every 50 peach for non trade get accepted (For example), or if those trades are accepted most often.

personally i think this is a fantastic idea. from my personal experience, not many people seem to be trading it
      for any less than a non, so placing it anything below this i believe would confuse a certain few people,
      and it would become one of the specifically demand based pets, and basically not go by it's list placement
      at all. so i do believe tracing most recent peach trades from multiple users would be a great way to measure
      this all out and finally come to a conclusion on where it should be placed, regardless of the poll's popular choice,
      the main problem with the poll is the fact that people don't want to see it go for more than 2 sorbs
      because they themselves don't own one. however people who do, value it no less than a non, i've never seen
      anyone myself, who hasn't.

Ahhhh thank you, I was going to point this out, but I didn't want to come off as "too elitist." Incorporating cancelled trades would be fantastic. Naturally, there are more people who dont/have never owned a peach and would like it to have a lower placement so its more accessible. Less people have actually owned the peach before, so theres going to be less "experienced" votes. Thats why Im hesitant on a new poll - its just another avenue for people to spread their opinions with no background knowledge (similar to the FTT issue discussed earlier).

At least if we give credit to cancelled trades, it really amplifies what the owners of the peach really value it at, and what they are willing to accept for it. This is a great idea.

Haven't had net access for a few days so only just replying to this but my problem with including canceled trades is that unless the person who shared the trade said why it was canceled, eg. I value the peach/other pet at more/less than what was offered, there is no way to really analyze it. As we know trades are canceled for all sorts of reasons, not necessarily because the person doesn't see it as fair - the pet/s asked for might not be for trade, they might not like trading up/down, or they might just prefer their pet/pets over what is offered, unless this reason for canceling is actually shared with us I can't see how canceled trades help?

I also think it's important that trades shared are from before the Peach placement discussion started here, since any after that time have potentially been influenced by the discussion.

For the person working on collecting trades there is a large list on page 83 that would cut a lot time collecting trades, though there are likely a lot more out there if you can find them.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lubear » Mon May 07, 2018 11:24 am

Hi, I need help. I'm not sure what this pet is but it's up for trade, and I know there are people looking for it, but those people are hard to find. What's it worth?
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=749740
lubear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Mon May 07, 2018 11:27 am

peachyyams wrote:Hi, I need help. I'm not sure what this pet is but it's up for trade, and I know there are people looking for it, but those people are hard to find. What's it worth?
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=749740

Wrong thread, you might be looking for How much is this pet worth?"
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me