GH Litter Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion Thread

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:04 pm

ilovepelicans wrote:I'm on mobile so I can't attach a picture for convenience, but the thought struck me late last night about ZEL's "almost stellar" design. Stellar, if we are right and that is the keyword, means star and what's one of our most important stars? The sun! And the sun, now what does it do when it's overhead? It casts shadows! Perhaps shadow kitty belongs to ZEL!
This is looking pretty likely now, hehe c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverstar » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:14 pm

тιмєℓσяδ vιcтσяισυs wrote:Image
B L E S S

that cat looks amazing :0

Silverstar
she/her - adult - avid animal lover
languages: German - English
playing genshin impact like 24/7

Image Image
Image Image
Silverstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilovepelicans » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Celozon wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and do this now since whichever growth happens will probably be more interesting than my silly hints P:

Space kitty is my cat! ;w;

Celozon wrote:Similar to last year, the theme of my cat is not yet obvious, but it does already have a distinct difference, maybe it can be spotted?

You guys got really close to this several times, but connected it to the wrong cat. I'm afraid that shadow kitty being involved might have thrown you all off. I had actually originally intended for shadow kitty to be disqualified with my 'dark colored' hint, but you all were very intent on it being mine so I played along c':

The hint is actually referring to the blended markings on my cat (Space kitty being the only one with such markings out of the dark colored cats, thus why shadow kitty might have made it confusing).

And so, all my hints about this being pretty basic and easy to spot. Blended stuff is totally normal in non-pixel art, but as was mentioned, gradients tend to be a lot less fun to do in pixels. Blended markings would be even more so in my eyes just cause of the smaller space there is to work with. (and I was noting the difference between 'gradient' and 'blended marking'; shadow kitty is gradient, space kitty is blended) Of course, some of you finally managed to catch on, but were using it as a reason why space cat /wasn't/ mine ^^'

For the pixel art dummies, I did have this in my sig, as well as one of my clues placed on it. It does talk briefly about doing a gradient.

HaileyM wrote:Celozon did say that they like freckles, and maybe those spots could count as freckles...?

This had popped up at one point and I never saw anyone else mention it, actually they are! I couldn't make my freckles on the teen super obvious cause then everyone would know which cat was mine c':

Actually, the placement of one of my hints was alluding to this fact with the hint placed on this thread. The character has freckles in the same spots.

ilovepelicans wrote:Image

I'm inclined to believe this one is Celozon's. I can't go on lineart edits or pixel art because those hints pertain exclusively to the adult growth. Going by other hints:
-Primarily dark colored
-Grew before day 9
-Spots on it ("maybe it can be spotted?")
-Smokey design on it (hint found on OC drawing depicting the dragon Kako and smoke)
-Dots on the coat give plenty of possibility for freckles in the adult
-Visually similar to Dustil (black pixel creature in siggy that led to the first hint of the scavenger hunt)

This one was really good, it caught onto one of my super vague hints I didn't think anyone would get, but if they knew was a hint would immediately give away my cat. My cats design is most definitely inspired by Dustil. When I did that particular piece, I was really concerned about butchering his markings because of all the blended, but once I figured out what I was doing it was actually pretty fun, and I wanted to get and do that sort of thing again. Its not quite as obvious on the teen, but you'll see it clearer on the adult.

Dembai wrote:Having done pixel art, I'm going to say it's the THIRD one. Very subtle, but notable fields of color. The other two have layered blending or gradient. Also, all the stars are SQUARE.

You caught me. I could not for the life of me get the dots or the blended marking to look right on the teen. I just ended up doing exactly what I did for the pixel version just with a soft brush and then throwing a bit of the smudge tool on it so it wouldn't be so obvious. I do not know how to use anything that is not the pencil tool help

- - -

RIP sorry for the long post! As for my cat's theme, I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I won't be revealing anything specific. I did mention that it is something commonly associated with Halloween, and there might have been a few other things dropped here and there, but nothing solid. If you want to make your own guesses feel free, I just won't confirm.

However I'm very excited for my cat's eventual growth, I do hope you all will like it!

I love your kitty Cel! I was really feeling this kitty to be yours but you kept saying I wasn't interpreting your hints quite right so I took it to mean I had the wrong cat. I'm a little upset with myself for not sticking to my gut. The freckles on your second hint were indeed a very good hint! If only I had noticed them along with the similarity to Dustil I may have been more certain about myself. Its skeleton is what really stood out, and your cat last year had a skeleton, so that felt too similar, so I looked at the background instead of the actual creature. My bad! All that said, I can't wait for the adult, I'm certain it's going to be absolutely lovely! (and I wouldn't dream of second guessing that!)
Image .. Image
I - S T A N D - A L O N E
ilovepelicans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm seriously confused why nobody brought this up yet.
If it was I must've missed it, but this is... ASDFGHJKL!

Image Image
(teen & adult from 2016)

ImageImage
(teen & adult now)

Not quite as obvious, because the two lightest colours were used, but that is a gradient CS tag. ಠ_ಠ
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schofield » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:37 am

I'm absolutely loving the growths so far. I've been gone for a few days so I didn't get to watch a lot of them grow, but seeing them all now is really fun. :)
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:46 am

when did kitty here Image
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! get an open mouth tail, i dont rememeber seeing it when it grew to 2nd stage >.>
[size=150]I've quit CS, tho I'm seeking Birthday date swaps for Shima LongTail, Dragon Cat PPS, Cheshire Cat, dates in pet names
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coco Bunny » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:20 am

Topiratti wrote:when did kitty here Image
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie! get an open mouth tail, i dont rememeber seeing it when it grew to 2nd stage >.>

Open mouth tail?
It's exactly the same as when it grew
Coco Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topiratti » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:22 am

Coco Bunny wrote:

Open mouth tail?

yea thecats tail looks like an open mouth with teeth showing and it looks like its spitting? XD
[size=150]I've quit CS, tho I'm seeking Birthday date swaps for Shima LongTail, Dragon Cat PPS, Cheshire Cat, dates in pet names
Topiratti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oshawott8888 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 am

Topiratti wrote:
Coco Bunny wrote:

Open mouth tail?

yea thecats tail looks like an open mouth with teeth showing and it looks like its spitting? XD

maybe you're confused with tess's dressup of a different kitty?
─────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ImageHi! I'm Osha!Image
ImageAnime and BTS obsessedImage
ImageLoves BirbsImage
───────{Image}─────
Image.
Image.

.....................ImageImageImage
Internet Addict~
ImageImage
Oshawott8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 am

Okay I'll admit
When it grew into the 2nd stage I was super skeptical about the shadow
It felt a bit misplaced to me but the kitty itself looked really good? So I didn't know how to feel about it!
And now...

Oh my word. Now I am completely in love. Bless this child it is beautiful and I am so glad the shadow placement is more accurate on thie final stage!

Also though
I really like the way this one turned out in the end. At first it didn't catch my eye but when it reached the final stage I fell in love like you wouldn't believe
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me