-->-- CS World Records VI --<--

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: -->-- CS World Records VI --<--

Postby LLHBBB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:01 am

Lufik[-E-R-] wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:Just wanted to throw in here that missing one or two recent pets/items have never been a deal breaker for loosing complete collection status. I mean sure, if ya miss something from a year ago but within the same year that is also common to get isnt a dealbreaker (or at least it never was). Sometimes ya just overlook outcomes or small items on wishlist! c:

Also I think that retired store items would be count into item collection... normal store items you can buy just anytime and aren't dealbreaker but retired items are not possible to buy anymore (and some retired store items was released as part of some events - ex: halloween eyes)... like store pets which you need to have if you want to join here with complete pet collection... so with items it would be same i think (they are still in archive too)

I feel normal store items should be a deal breaker. After all they are in the archives so without that check mark to me your collection is not complete. granted there needs to be some time allowed for people who can't afford to buy c$ to earn some or trade for them like recent event items that aren't given to everyone. It's been since Nov '15 that new c$ items have been added I believe so that should be more than enough time to purchase them.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 am

Lufik[-E-R-] wrote:... like store pets which you need to have if you want to join here with complete pet collection... so with items it would be same i think (they are still in archive too)

Except when this list was created, it was assumed that store pets would need to count.

Quite recently it's been found that there's a quote from Tess saying store pets aren't considered a part of the CS collection.

Feel free to read all about that here

It's been since Nov '15 that new c$ items have been added I believe so that should be more than enough time to purchase them.

Yeah, but there's an interesting question. You're talking about spending how much?
How much money would it take to buy one of every item in the store right now?

We're talking about someone who worked and sacrificed and hunted for every single free item on CS. There's thousands and thousands of those, some very rare indeed and very hard to get.

Now they're barred from claiming a complete collection all because they don't want to spend money on 100 different colored hairs? Or if you're including retired store items, some like the tree sets are some of the rarest items in the game.
Seems like a bad deal to me and certainly makes sure that obtaining a complete item collection is only for the elite, not for someone who can actually work hard and obtain it.
Last edited by Shian on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 am

Shian wrote:
Lufik[-E-R-] wrote:... like store pets which you need to have if you want to join here with complete pet collection... so with items it would be same i think (they are still in archive too)

Except when this list was created, it was assumed that store pets would need to count.

Quite recently it's been found that there's a quote from Tess saying store pets aren't considered a part of the CS collection.

Feel free to read all about that here

It's been since Nov '15 that new c$ items have been added I believe so that should be more than enough time to purchase them.

Yeah, but there's an interesting question. You're talking about spending how much?

We're talking about someone who worked and sacrificed and hunted for every single free item on CS. There's thousands and thousands of those, some very rare indeed and very hard to get.

Now they're barred from claiming a complete collection all because they don't want to spend money on 100 different colored hairs? Or if you're including retired store items, some like the tree sets are some of the rarest items in the game.
Seems like a bad deal to me.

That's were I'm at. I'm missing 4 pieces from the '09 Christmas store set and have offered above the gap main lists for just those missing pieces and been told no. It's cheaper to buy all the store items than it is to get those missing pieces that were available before I started and never had a chance of buying. It's very frustrating.
also have and Eldemore account with the same user name. As well as a FR account with the same name.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:47 am

Shian wrote:Yeah, but there's an interesting question. You're talking about spending how much?

Seems like a bad deal to me and certainly makes sure that obtaining a complete item collection is only for the elite, not for someone who can actually work hard and obtain it.

if I'm honest I completely agree that store items shouldn't count. As a person who cannot get her own C$ (due to location. we have no way to make online transactions) I'm still trying to work my way around that disability and trying to trade for C$ and items off of other people- but. I don't think anyone else should feel like they have to do that to be considered the owner of a complete item collection. Why? I just did some math and the results are ridiculous.
530 C$ would be needed to buy the whole "Extra parts+markings" section of the C$ store which is the absolute smallest one out of all the sections, and the one with some of the cheapest items.
pretending that all the C$ you bought was with the best deal option, then 1 USD dollar would be 19 C$. that means you'd have spent at least $28 on this small, tiny section. and with the smallest offer, 1 USD is 16 C$, then you'd have spent roughly $34 on completing this section of the C$ store. that doesn't sound like a lot... but think about all the other sections which are all bigger and pricier... that's literally hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Can I suggest having 2 sections? one for the people with all free items, and one for the people with all free and store items ?
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 am

Or we can do two category for complete collections like I saw it on eldemore i think... Eldemore have one special pet which is almost impossible to get cause was released just few of them but it still have rarity and is in archive... so they have in collection thread two (or 3) category:

Complete Collection (with all free pets) and Complete ultra collection (With all free pets + store pets) and i think that they have one more complete collection category if you have also that one special released pet cause just few members can have him... or something like that I wasn't in their forum for very long time... and it could be here too or something similiar :)

Two category for both collections (pets and items)
for pets: Complete collection - you keep all pets which was released for free; Complete Ultra Collection - you keep all free and also all store pets
For items: Complete collection - you keep all items which was released for free; Complete Ultra Collection - you keep all free and also all store + store retired items

so everyone who work just on free pets and items can join with their complete collections without buying anything :)
hope you understand what I mean :)
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:20 am

Lufik[-E-R-] wrote:Or we can do two category for complete collections like I saw it on eldemore i think... Eldemore have one special pet which is almost impossible to get cause was released just few of them but it still have rarity and is in archive... so they have in collection thread two (or 3) category:

Complete Collection (with all free pets) and Complete ultra collection (With all free pets + store pets) and i think that they have one more complete collection category if you have also that one special released pet cause just few members can have him... or something like that I wasn't in their forum for very long time... and it could be here too or something similiar :)

Two category for both collections (pets and items)
for pets: Complete collection - you keep all pets which was released for free; Complete Ultra Collection - you keep all free and also all store pets
For items: Complete collection - you keep all items which was released for free; Complete Ultra Collection - you keep all free and also all store + store retired items

so everyone who work just on free pets and items can join with their complete collections without buying anything :)
hope you understand what I mean :)

I could get behind this. I just had a hard time understanding how you'd have to have all the retired store items but not the current ones that are easily obtainable for a complete collection. That logic didn't make any since to me as it should be all or nothing not pick & choose. Anyone can auction of rares even for c$ so that they can buy the store items but the retired ones are almost impossible to find anyone willing to part with them at any costs.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:40 am

Too be honest, i don't really get the big deal? to achieve all CS pets- even the rarest ones, you need time and patience.

When i set out to get this complete collection, i traded many list pets for C$ to be able to buy the items. in fact, this was before the C$ trading system so i had lists upon lists of items that i had people buy for me in exchange for pets. It must've been over 5000C$, maybe even closer to 10k. and @above - i def think that store items are WAY easier to find then the retired items - cept the retired STORE items which are even harder!

Completing a collection was never meant to be easy. There will always be people who value a complete collection as something different. i mean, there's even people who don't think their collection is complete unless they have a custom pet and the custom items.

For me, a collection is complete if you have all pets and items in the archive. Everything has a green v next to it, all items all pets, no matter where you got em from. To say store items or pets don't belong in the complete collection - it's just not my point of view :)

Alto if you do go with category's, i would suggest a 'most complete collection' category that includes all archives pets and items.

I don't really like the 'ultra' thing. It's complete or it aint complete, nothing ultra about it(that term comes from eldemore where pets are ultrarare so it makes more sense there. on cs, not so much)

I would call it 'complete free pet collection' - 'complete all pets collection' and 'complete free item collection' - 'complete all items collection' - 'most complete collection' = 5 new categories.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 am

I think you might wanna keep in mind that we're talking about what earns you the 'complete collection' spot on the records thread here. It's separate from simply what people set as their goal, and what's decided for this thread doesn't invalidate people's personal goals.

I don't think that it's unreasonable to say that someone who wants a spot on this thread's list would have to collect one of each item that is listed in the archives.
    The "complete collection" section only allows multiple record holders because once you're at 0 items missing, your record can't be beaten any more, so everyone who gets there deserves the spot equally.
    If the current record holders have every item listed in the archive, why give the same record spot to people who can't actually match it?
    Accepting entries from people who are missing more items than the current holders defeats the concept of it being a record IMO.

So you could probably make sub-categories for collections like there are for hoard types (pps, dog pps, cat pps etc), like suggested - say, "complete item collection" and "complete freebie item collection" for example, or keep it as it is.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LLHBBB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:41 am

ZΕL wrote:
    I think you might wanna keep in mind that we're talking about what earns you the 'complete collection' spot on the records thread here. It's separate from simply what people set as their goal, and what's decided for this thread doesn't invalidate people's personal goals.

I don't think that it's unreasonable to say that someone who wants a spot on this thread's list would have to collect one of each item that is listed in the archives.
    The "complete collection" section only allows multiple record holders because once you're at 0 items missing, your record can't be beaten any more, so everyone who gets there deserves the spot equally.
    If the current record holders have every item listed in the archive, why give the same record spot to people who can't actually match it?
    It just feels odd to me to try to lower the expectations, considering the thread's premise (the "best of the best"). If you have to start making exceptions to make it easier, it defeats the concept of it being a record IMO.

So you could probably make sub-categories for collections like there are for hoard types (pps, dog pps, cat pps etc), like suggested - say, "complete item collection" and "complete freebie item collection" for example, or keep it as it is.

that's the point. some of the people listed don't have all of the current store items that are in the archives but are listed as having a complete collection because they have all the free items and retired store items. Shouldn't all complete sets and the same amount of pages? As I stated before I have 341 pages and there's 20 items per page when you pull up the View my item collection option and I'm missing 4 pieces and have 0 customs/semi customs items that are not in the archives. Based on that logic to be complete you would need to have 5 items on page 341 if you own 0 customs/semi customs. Sorry if that isn't correct.
Last edited by LLHBBB on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LLHBBB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:03 am

LLHBBB wrote:that's the point. some of the people listed don't have all of the current store items that are in the archives but are listed as having a complete collection because they have all the free items and retired store items. Shouldn't all complete sets and the same amount of pages?

Huh. Almost forgot that this is where it all started off, hue.
    But in this case, my point still stands that I think to match a record, someone needs to achieve the same as the record-holder - and if that record-holder has 0 missing archived items, the contender should, too.
    Else it's not a record. Whether or not it's a complete collection by the user's own ideals is up to them, but imo, if the thread's purpose is to collect the "best and biggest", there's no need to make it more inclusive. You either match/beat someone's record or you don't.

Giving someone extra time to catch up to get newly released items is one thing, but saying they just don't need them seems very lax. Collectors don't have to spend moneythemselves to obtain store items. They are tradeable like everything else.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me