*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach Poll! vote!

Postby Solloby » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:14 pm

The gaps list's existence is a terrible idea, and suggesting gap values between tiers on the list when adding a new pet is kind of pointless when the list has a few small but major flaws. For example, according to our rarity count data, blue and green toxic are worth the same, and yellow and red toxic are worth the same rarity-wise (demand-wise I can't see these pets being that different either as they are all littermates). So debating whether the gap is a red toxic when it's placed above the rarer green toxic on the list is kind of pointless imo. If you want to discuss the UR Peach's position on the current rares list, let's just discuss a tier to place it at and not worry about gaps? It's not like most traders will have the exact gap pet anyway. The list is supposed to be a guide, not a rulebook.

Count numbers from August:
Purple Toxic 153
Green Toxic 191
Blue Toxic 192
Yellow Toxic 230
Red Toxic 232
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Solloby wrote:The gaps list's existence is a terrible idea, and suggesting gap values between tiers on the list when adding a new pet is kind of pointless when the list has a few small but major flaws. For example, according to our rarity count data, blue and green toxic are worth the same, and yellow and red toxic are worth the same rarity-wise (demand-wise I can't see these pets being that different either as they are all littermates). So debating whether the gap is a red toxic when it's placed above the rarer green toxic on the list is kind of pointless imo. If you want to discuss the UR Peach's position on the current rares list, let's just discuss a tier to place it at and not worry about gaps? It's not like most traders will have the exact gap pet anyway. The list is supposed to be a guide, not a rulebook.

Count numbers from August:
Purple Toxic 153
Green Toxic 191
Blue Toxic 192
Yellow Toxic 230
Red Toxic 232

Not going to lie, I think this might be the kind of statement that others view as "toxic" or "unwelcoming." I appreciate the facts/data to support your opinion (and I recognize that you likely didn't intend for it to come off as being rude,) but I don't believe calling anyone's idea "terrible" is productive, and it may come across as more hostile than intended. That being said, I think you bring up some good points!

Based on your argument, it seems to me like this is even more reason for there to be a "rarity-only" guide. With that in mind, would it be beneficial to establish the rarity-only guide before attempting to place the Peach? Or would it be more beneficial to place the Peach on the list (either on a gap-tier or on a pre-established tier) now as a place-holder? By your math, it seems like many pets are placed on a "place-holder" tier anyways, if the list is so inaccurate by rarity. I'm curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on the matter. :)
ImageImage
sig art by Panya/.wafflecat.
🌟 Design my OCs and win a TD Black Advent! 🌟
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:01 pm

I feel like we should place the Peach now because it will take time to make a rarity-only guide. I also feel like store pets should be on a seperate guide because store pets are re-released thus their values could greatly change in the future. In addition, it will help users understand that store pets are not needed to have a complete collection and store pets are more like semi-custom like pets.
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
──────────────────
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
──────────────────
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
───────────────────────────
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”‚
β”‚
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 pm

The Pirate - Please don't make personal attacks, the gaps list isn't an idea and doesn't have feelings, but calling someone toxic is pretty rude :c As to the rarity only guide, it's many months away at best. It needs far more data than was originally planned. If that wasn't the case then waiting for it would be a great idea but it's too far away was the general consensus I am pretty sure.

Lucky - Yeah I'd also like to see the store pets on a separate list, they will be separate on the rarity only guide I think was what most wanted, but I'm not sure if we want to separate them on the existing list in the meantime? It's a nice idea to consider once we get the poor little peach sorted out.

For the peach, perhaps what we need is a very simple poll up for 1 week only, with the following options:
  • Non Tier
  • Between Non & UR Holly Tier
  • UR Holly Tier
  • I want to see the results without voting

And at the end of the week we place the peach and be done with this. The "between" tier wasn't an option in the original poll, so this new poll will help us drill down to what the community in general thinks is the most accurate placement based on the broader results from the previous poll. Thoughts?
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm

I think the poll sounds like a good idea.

Right now we should leave the store pets as they are and add the peach since it really needs to be added. In the new list which will honestly be a better list because it will be without demand, store pets should be seperate. I feel like URs should stay on the general rarity list because they are released every year and they could be moved on the list when deemed that they should be moved, but having it on the general list will allow users to figure out what their values of their pets will be.
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
──────────────────
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
──────────────────
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ

β”‚
β”‚
If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

β”‚
β”‚

β”‚
β”‚

β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Solloby wrote:The Pirate - Please don't make personal attacks, the gaps list isn't an idea and doesn't have feelings, but calling someone toxic is pretty rude :c As to the rarity only guide, it's many months away at best. It needs far more data than was originally planned. If that wasn't the case then waiting for it would be a great idea but it's too far away was the general consensus I am pretty sure.

Lucky - Yeah I'd also like to see the store pets on a separate list, they will be separate on the rarity only guide I think was what most wanted, but I'm not sure if we want to separate them on the existing list in the meantime? It's a nice idea to consider once we get the poor little peach sorted out.

For the peach, perhaps what we need is a very simple poll up for 1 week only, with the following options:
  • Non Tier
  • Between Non & UR Holly Tier
  • UR Holly Tier
  • I want to see the results without voting

And at the end of the week we place the peach and be done with this. The "between" tier wasn't an option in the original poll, so this new poll will help us drill down to what the community in general thinks is the most accurate placement based on the broader results from the previous poll. Thoughts?

I apologize; I think that there was a general misunderstanding. I interpreted your statement to be going against the idea of adding a "gap tier" between the Non and UR Holly for the Peach, but I realize now what you meant. I didn't mean to call you toxic, but was using the quotes to reference the way some users were feeling about the general environment- no personal attacks were meant. However, regardless of intent, I apologize for upsetting you. I hope there are no hard feelings, and do apologize for the misunderstanding! c:

As for your poll idea, I do think it may be worthwhile to add the new option since it still seems to be up in the air. I think that may settle once and for all where the Peach should be placed. A week sounds good to me, as well!

In terms of the Store Pets, I would definitely agree about having them on a separate "rarity-only" based list, since their placement based on the combination of rarity and demand appears to be a bit muddled. Having a rarity-only list may help to give traders a different or new perspective given store pets' semi-recent skyrocketed demand. But I agree that it may be something worthwhile of having on a back-burner while we finalize the Peach's placement. :)
ImageImage
sig art by Panya/.wafflecat.
🌟 Design my OCs and win a TD Black Advent! 🌟
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Yeah I was talking about this - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112366&start=30
The list itself is as good as it can be, but its existence is terrible because it makes trading very restrictive, and one of the issues people brought up was that the guide is supposed to be guide not very specific rules that traders feel constrained by. There's a reason it's not on the front page of the rares list but hidden away on p4 of the old list.

Yes I agree the gap between non and holly is a fine idea that everyone has been bringing up. I am glad you guys both agree that a simple poll is good. Does anyone disagree with the poll idea that I posted above? If so, what do you think should be done instead and why? I would love to see the peach finally placed but we shouldn't just throw it anywhere to be done with it, nor should we ignore either the current poll's results or people's opinions on the thread including those that disagree with the poll. I am hoping we can compromise by making this new poll with more options specifically around the current poll's favourite to confirm what exactly the majority want c:
Solloby

Help
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Crestalia that's fantastic if your boyfriend can help with the coding you need for the pet counts!

As far as another poll, I've always been happy to go with another poll if people think that's best as long as there's agreement that the results will be listened to this time.

I also think if the rarity list is still a long time away we shouldn't wait to give the store pets their separate list. The list store pets are one thing that can easily be solved by simply looking at the rarity changes so I personally would like to see it done sooner rather than later.

Lucky I agree that the URs should stay with the other normal list pets rather than having a separate list. Unlike the store pets they are considered part of a normal collection and are re-released so I personally don't see why they wouldn't be included with the other normal list pets.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 pm

I too, am in favour of a new poll. If possible - since I've seen concerns raised earlier in the thread about certain votes (for example, if someone had picked an option without really knowing the context of the pet, such as rarity) - maybe, in each poll option, it states the tier proposed and a quick sentence explaining why. For example;

Example wrote:Non tier - due to the apparent technical value of the UR Peach
UR Holly tier - due to the apparent demand of the UR Peach

And then we'd be able to open and shut the poll, being somewhat happy with the reasons why people want the UR Peach where it is and the placement. ^_^

About a rarity-only list: I also agree that that would be a great idea. I feel as if demand has become a bit tricky when it comes to placing pets (for example, the BA being a High September despite being seemingly as rare as its littermates), and would provide players with a better understanding of the technical value of their pet. I'd be happy to jump aboard and help.
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 am

If we are going to do a new poll, then I do think that it can't be any longer than a week at this point. I'd still rather not because of how long the peach has taken to discuss but current discussion is also just going back and forth. Is DaDwarf available to start the poll? I know they were away for a bit and not very active. And then I think we kind of need to set a time limit on future pet discussions so that we don't end up at a 5 month discussion for a pet again. I was thinking a month, at most. I do like those simple answers but would like them to have the reasonings in the answers, such as:

Non tier - Due to the OMGSR rarity of the UR Peach and a good portion of trades.
Between Non and UR Holly tiers - A good middle ground between the two conflicting arguments of rarity or demand.
UR Holly tier - Due to the supposed demand and also a good portion of trades.

I do like the option of people voting to just opt out of the poll if they don't think they know enough or don't care or whatever their reason may be. That would give us a good general idea of just how many people are interested in the outcome but don't want to partake in any poll options.

Also, if we do another poll, we absolutely need to make people able to change their vote. That was a huge issue that came up with the current poll where some people voted for one reason but then followed discussion and wanted to change their vote.

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me