*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach Poll! vote!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm

@crestalia I’m also very interested in the rarity list. I would help if I could but those are things that fly right over my head. I keep up with the thread but I can’t make sense of any of the coding or statistical language lol.
If there was ever anything my lame self could do to help I would, but it never seems like there’s anything I can do. ^^” and I would also want to help with counting but I’m never sure if we’re doing counting or waiting on a coded program to do that.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:38 pm

@crestalia Just incase that came off the wrong way I'd like to say that wasn't meant as a criticism in any way, just an explanation of why people don't post there despite really wanting a rarity list. You guys are quite amazing, I wish my brain could follow! Sadly I know absolutely nothing about coding and can see how having a program to do the counting would be an amazing help at speeding the process up so hope someone who does know can help there but if you decide to count pets manually I'd be happy to try to help.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:10 pm

The problem with the rarity list is that the original data isn't quite lining up with rarity tags or change data, meaning we have to go back and count all the rereleases, which is too big a job to do manually imo. I am not sure if we have any python programmers able to make a new script to count more pets though. Without that I am unsure how to proceed with the project. I did start posting July and aug data but had to weight them specifically to make them better align with rarity tags and change dates. If our data was accurate enough to use then it would be much more straightforward. I can have another look at the project and investigate a few things, I had a lot of things going on but might have some time now. Unsure I can be of any use without more data though. Will see if I can help with that though. It would be helpful if we could find an IT uni student to help out.

Re UR Peach, tbh I no longer care where it is placed, I am sure most others don't either. It's just gone on so long. Any placement between Ur Holly and Lion can't be too far off surely. I like the idea of a new tier under non. Would like to see some progress at any rate.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:55 pm

I agree with Soloby. A new tier under non I think would be good. Also the peach really does need to be placed.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Read through since I last posted and to be completely honest; I'm scared of posting here too. And I'm an '08 user, a veteran is you will.
I agree that this place is toxic, it's a breeding ground for fights and the like. I'm quite surprised this hasn't been shut down by the CS Staff already.

RE: PEACH
I've suggested it before and I still stand by my statement to have a new tier. To quote myself:
It would have the input of everyone that voted in the poll to place it on the Holly tier, it would make those trading Nons- for it happy because it's just a smidgen less so they can still ask for a Non- and be able to get it, and the people arguing here happy because we've finally settled on a place and can move onto more important things.

NEW SUGGESTION
I suggest that we have 3 'Rares' Lists;
Store, General and UR.

Store Pet List would have all the Store pets in rarity order and make trading for them a lot easier, as well as seeing exactly where each stands against each other.

General Rares List would house all the 'General' pets, in however many sections you please. So there would still be 'Advent', 'September' and 'Main' - although they should have better more descriptive names so it's easy to tell exactly how rare the pet is.

UR List would house all the UR / Special release pets; we already know these are some of the rarest pets on the site with most being OMG so Rare already. This would allow the URs to be correctly placed in regards to proper rarity and we wouldn't have them competing with the General pets.

The Gaps List would be left to the interpretation of the traders but would bridge the 3 Lists together for easy comparison.

I've already started a small project working on reordering the new lists and if you'd like to help please don't hesitate to ask!
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:37 am

lil rascal wrote:@crestalia Just incase that came off the wrong way I'd like to say that wasn't meant as a criticism in any way, just an explanation of why people don't post there despite really wanting a rarity list. You guys are quite amazing, I wish my brain could follow! Sadly I know absolutely nothing about coding and can see how having a program to do the counting would be an amazing help at speeding the process up so hope someone who does know can help there but if you decide to count pets manually I'd be happy to try to help.

No no not at all! I honestly didn't realize that's what stopped people from participating. It's my major so I sometimes get lost in it, that's all haha. I agree with Solloby that we should find an IT/CS/IS major. My boyfriend is an IS major so I can look to see what he knows and if he might be able to help us.

Edit: My boyfriend knows python and is willing to help. I'm gonna talk to him more about the details later.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Mozzy. wrote:
Read through since I last posted and to be completely honest; I'm scared of posting here too. And I'm an '08 user, a veteran is you will.
I agree that this place is toxic, it's a breeding ground for fights and the like. I'm quite surprised this hasn't been shut down by the CS Staff already.

RE: PEACH
I've suggested it before and I still stand by my statement to have a new tier. To quote myself:
It would have the input of everyone that voted in the poll to place it on the Holly tier, it would make those trading Nons- for it happy because it's just a smidgen less so they can still ask for a Non- and be able to get it, and the people arguing here happy because we've finally settled on a place and can move onto more important things.

NEW SUGGESTION
I suggest that we have 3 'Rares' Lists;
Store, General and UR.

Store Pet List would have all the Store pets in rarity order and make trading for them a lot easier, as well as seeing exactly where each stands against each other.

General Rares List would house all the 'General' pets, in however many sections you please. So there would still be 'Advent', 'September' and 'Main' - although they should have better more descriptive names so it's easy to tell exactly how rare the pet is.

UR List would house all the UR / Special release pets; we already know these are some of the rarest pets on the site with most being OMG so Rare already. This would allow the URs to be correctly placed in regards to proper rarity and we wouldn't have them competing with the General pets.

The Gaps List would be left to the interpretation of the traders but would bridge the 3 Lists together for easy comparison.

I've already started a small project working on reordering the new lists and if you'd like to help please don't hesitate to ask!

Personally I'm not really fussed where the Peach goes anymore, I'm over it. I have my opinions but it's very clear everyone else does too and trying to fight their opinion honestly overwhelms me with stress so I say my two cents when it's relevant and then run cx

That being said, while if prefer the Peach go on the Holly Tier (purely because before the chat started saying it worth a non it barely went for two sorbs, the community voted it AND it's got just as much evidence as a non+ does), im not opposed to having a tier in between.

Also the more I think about it, the more I think having all these seperate lists would work in our favour. It'd be a great help towards solving the unnecessary demand increases with all the store pets, the OMGSRs wouldn't be overwhelming the normal list because fast forward some years and the main list would be half URs otherwise. Noth to mention we still get to sort out the other list and the bridge between them would mean that there would be no misscomuntication. The more I think about it the more, I like it.

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ratonhnhaké:ton » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:06 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:@crestalia I’m also very interested in the rarity list. I would help if I could but those are things that fly right over my head. I keep up with the thread but I can’t make sense of any of the coding or statistical language lol.
If there was ever anything my lame self could do to help I would, but it never seems like there’s anything I can do. ^^” and I would also want to help with counting but I’m never sure if we’re doing counting or waiting on a coded program to do that.

this is pretty much exactly how i feel. i'm not a math person at all and the few times i've gone to see if i could help i just got completely lost with the statistics and computer programs and scripts and everything, lol. however i do completely support the rarity-only list, and honestly i would be pretty okay with doing away with this list and using the rarity-only list instead (though i know that probably won't happen).

anyway, we really do need to place the peach.
personally, i would rather have it on the non tier, but making a new tier in between the nons and the holly sounds good, too. can anyone come up with what the gap would have to be to add on to the gap list if we were to add a new tier? i get confused with all the main list rarities and gaps, or else i would throw out some ideas lol.
ratonhnhaké:ton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:27 pm

Personally I was thinking a red toxic, worth more than an UR Holly by a balloon dog which and less than a non by the same amount, it'd be the least confusing gap (and it wouldn't be major either)
Idk, non tier still sounds fine to be but unfortunately I guess we don't all agree with that anymore
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Takk wrote:Personally I was thinking a red toxic, worth more than an UR Holly by a balloon dog which and less than a non by the same amount, it'd be the least confusing gap (and it wouldn't be major either)
Idk, non tier still sounds fine to be but unfortunately I guess we don't all agree with that anymore

I still agree with non tier. There were others who were ready to place it on there too, but there’s a lot of other factors preventing placement at holy tier and non tier if you ask me.

I would be for that suggestion of yours and the gap, it sounds easy gap wise?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups