For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby Julia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 pm

nickjr wrote:Something that's really heartwarming for me is that I've watched as some of our members have grown in some way, usually by maturing (as I did lol) or by improved English for some of our non-native English speakers.

So many things have changed in the past 10 years, it's crazy. Most of us turned from teenagers into adults.

If someone had told me in 2008 that in 10 years I'd want to become a teacher, I wouldn't have believed them. Especially not if they had told me that I want to teach not only English and German but also math, haha.

Looking forward to the next 10 years! And maybe my (future) kids will be CS members too in another 10-15 years, haha.
Image Image
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Julia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chesster. » Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 am

I've noticed how CS has gotten quieter over the years too, which doesn't even make sense?
I remember forums and threads being so hard to keep up with and being on CS 24/7 as a teen!! Makes me a lil sad to come back and see everything being so slow moving ;n;

Does anyone remember the TWG90 craze?? The hours I would spend trying to get art by her was honestly ridiculous.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 am

chesster. wrote:I've noticed how CS has gotten quieter over the years too, which doesn't even make sense?
I remember forums and threads being so hard to keep up with and being on CS 24/7 as a teen!! Makes me a lil sad to come back and see everything being so slow moving ;n;

Does anyone remember the TWG90 craze?? The hours I would spend trying to get art by her was honestly ridiculous.

Oooh TheWolfsgirl90!! I remember her line-arts and drooling over her shading techniques, I wonder how she's doing? Her human artwork was a huge inspiration to me also aaahh goodness yes <3 Her and Vampy were like the top dogs of Oekaki if I remember correctly.
I have noticed its slowed down a bit despite the MASSIVE jump in member count, it might be that most users are more focused on completing their collections then involving themselves in Forums?

I think depending on what part of CS you find yourself more engaged in is where you'll find a change in user activity.
she/her / adult / artist
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chesster. » Wed May 16, 2018 7:39 am

Skiv wrote:
chesster. wrote:I've noticed how CS has gotten quieter over the years too, which doesn't even make sense?

Oooh TheWolfsgirl90!! I remember her line-arts and drooling over her shading techniques, I wonder how she's doing? Her human artwork was a huge inspiration to me also aaahh goodness yes <3 Her and Vampy were like the top dogs of Oekaki if I remember correctly.
I have noticed its slowed down a bit despite the MASSIVE jump in member count, it might be that most users are more focused on completing their collections then involving themselves in Forums?

I think depending on what part of CS you find yourself more engaged in is where you'll find a change in user activity.

Honestly man those were the DAYS it was so much fun! They absolutely were, I remember Chia being huge also I think? And those weird little fat creatures haha I cant even remember - the adoptables?? maybe chubbaloos or something like that..
honestly it's going to drive me insane thinking of it now.

Edit: CHARLOOS, I remembered, wowza they were crazy popular, by chubbymanatee & willow ripple!!

It definitely has slowed down in the forums which is so sad, but maybe it will pick up again one day? Its honestly so crazy, I feel so old now. I've been on CS 10 years and it's been a massive part in my childhood and growing up! I was here when merged accounts were a thing - hence the shiny new-is account now.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 am

chesster. wrote:
Honestly man those were the DAYS it was so much fun! They absolutely were, I remember Chia being huge also I think? And those weird little fat creatures haha I cant even remember - the adoptables?? maybe chubbaloos or something like that..
honestly it's going to drive me insane thinking of it now.

Edit: CHARLOOS, I remembered, wowza they were crazy popular, by chubbymanatee & willow ripple!!

It definitely has slowed down in the forums which is so sad, but maybe it will pick up again one day? Its honestly so crazy, I feel so old now. I've been on CS 10 years and it's been a massive part in my childhood and growing up! I was here when merged accounts were a thing - hence the shiny new-is account now.

I was never into Adoptables, so I wasn't in on that craze ahaha :')
I remember Shima.Luan having a special appearance or something, and she created some pets designs right? That was like having a famous person come to your school bahaha I have a pet from her and I cherish it <333 Think she was adopting pets out...
I've seen a few merged accounts still around here and there, I hope you can build your collection back up! And I'm sure when the event rolls around and Summer releases all the school-bound souls that CS will once again pick up~
Glad you are still here! :'D
she/her / adult / artist
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Mon May 21, 2018 10:06 pm

was Shima.Luan the one who traced the fox lineart or am i thinking of someone else? because WOW that was a huge controversy. like, people actually left the site over the lineart changes. i remember one person straight-up saying they were deleting all of their pets instead of trading them off, and they had a complete collection omg

call me rabbit || they/them
adult player || hedgehog enjoyer

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

my mom || my homie || my buddy
trade thread || dreamies || dragon cave
fursona || shadow playlist || sonic fans
rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Tue May 22, 2018 6:34 am

msl curiosity wrote:was Shima.Luan the one who traced the fox lineart or am i thinking of someone else? because WOW that was a huge controversy. like, people actually left the site over the lineart changes. i remember one person straight-up saying they were deleting all of their pets instead of trading them off, and they had a complete collection omg

Oohh hecc that's right...her fennec lineart was an issue. I just stumbled across her profile a few weeks ago and was remembering her own adoptable site she had. I don't think I was as active during that whole fiasco. Better safe than sorry with the line-art change I'd say.
And considering I've seen users today say they're quitting over a bad trade they've had, it's no surprise something like that would cause an individual to go off their rocker and delete their collection (but oh geeze those poor pets..)
she/her / adult / artist
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:07 pm

Do you guys remember the time when store pets were first introduced and people liked them but wouldn't pay list pets?

Store pets are going for insane prices! I'm not into list trading anymore (apart from the new URs each year) but I'm shocked at how much people are paying for a pet that's not even that old. Just went through some auctions and trading threads out of curiousity and oh my 8D
Image Image
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Julia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chiikapuu » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:09 pm

@Tess you should do an event "Old days" where you could put the old layout etc here :D
┌──────────────┐
HOARDING PPS 2018 EASTER SHEEP DOGGOS PINK AND GREEN
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
└──────────────┘
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░
▐░

┌────────────────────────────┐
Image SIGNATURE:©KING KAKASHI
└────────────────────────────┘

[/img]
Chiikapuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spekke » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 am

my first pet Bubbles is 10 years old today :')

a lot has changed in those 10 years, but somehow coming back (nearly) every month to adopt new pets never did.
Spekke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me