*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach Poll! vote!

Postby Birdy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:48 am

If I may, I'd like to state that older users may be feeling intimidated, as well- I know that I certainly have. It seems as though if you don't have a "recognizable" name, you're invalidated/not welcome. Granted, I'm not going to go as far as to say that I know everything about the list and its contents, but even knowing what I do (which is a fairly decent amount), I still feel unable to contribute. In fact, this is the only time I've felt able to contribute, which ironically is the discussion of feeling unwelcome lol.

As somebody who tries to read through this/stay updated fairly regularly, I think it's a bit ridiculous that I'm feeling this way. With that said, I can't imagine how daunting it is to newer users who are simply trying to understand everything and add their two cents.
ImageImage
sig art by Panya/.wafflecat.
🌟 Design my OCs and win a TD Black Advent! 🌟
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 am

myth + destiny wrote:
Shian wrote:What do we do with the list?

Tension breaker, not being serious.

good tension breaker, and very amusing

Honestly, I would like to know something first before moving on now. The community and many people have wanted more focus on rarity. Hence why we started the rarity only list. That was the community saying that. It was a big thing that we all had been thinking, too.

So you understand why I’m not understanding why we wouldn’t move forward with placing what pets need to be placed more according to rarity and less according to demand, and then moving on to those that are misplaced? As in, omgsrs below the gap...?

This is part of the reason I’m being such a stubborn person about a non placing. It’s NOT because I want to discredit anyone, it’s NOT because I feel I’m entitled and darn it I’ll get my way. It’s because I thought everyone on this thread, and the entire community, had found the need to focus on rarity...? Of course this can’t JUST be a rarity list... but it can factor it in more...? So I am wildly confused on that.

-on another note- I’m an older user. I’m terrified of posting here too. Every single post I’m terrified, and my social anxiety doesn’t help. I just post because I’m passionate.
Everyone gets terrified when posting discussion threads with differing opinions. I’ve only been involved for the past... year? Or so..? So those are valid concerns, too.

Edit- also, mind ye, I was in support of the ur Holly tier in the beginning. So my opinion has changed, lol.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikasi-nightwolf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:58 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
myth + destiny wrote:
Shian wrote:What do we do with the list?

Tension breaker, not being serious.

good tension breaker, and very amusing

Honestly, I would like to know something first before moving on now. The community and many people have wanted more focus on rarity. Hence why we started the rarity only list. That was the community saying that. It was a big thing that we all had been thinking, too.

So you understand why I’m not understanding why we wouldn’t move forward with placing what pets need to be placed more according to rarity and less according to demand, and then moving on to those that are misplaced? As in, omgsrs below the gap...?

This is part of the reason I’m being such a stubborn person about a non placing. It’s NOT because I want to discredit anyone, it’s NOT because I feel I’m entitled and darn it I’ll get my way. It’s because I thought everyone on this thread, and the entire community, had found the need to focus on rarity...? Of course this can’t JUST be a rarity list... but it can factor it in more...? So I am wildly confused on that.

-on another note- I’m an older user. I’m terrified of posting here too. Every single post I’m terrified, and my social anxiety doesn’t help. I just post because I’m passionate.
Everyone gets terrified when posting discussion threads with differing opinions. I’ve only been involved for the past... year? Or so..? So those are valid concerns, too.

Edit- also, mind ye, I was in support of the ur Holly tier in the beginning. So my opinion has changed, lol.

Couldn’t agree with you more on this! I feel the exact same way.
mikasi-nightwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 am

I would also like to point out as a late thought while I’m cleaning, lol-

No matter the placement, something and someone is being ignored and upset.
Place it at Ur Holy? 350+ people who voted for a tier above are upset. We ignore placing more according to rarity, and we ignore equal trade evidence for the non and above tiers.
Place it at non tier? 570+ people who voted for Holy are upset. We ignore equal trade evidence for it going for Holy tier. We don’t take intro consideration as much demand and focus more on the omgsr tag.

I honestly thought placing it at non tier would be more of a middle ground, but now I’m beginning to think that a new tier in between them isn’t the worst idea if we could get a gap figured out quickly for it. Here’s why:
-This new tier would truly be the middle ground.
-It could be a tier we could put other pets on that end up in similar situations.
-it will actually be middle ground (repeated lol) and we can settle this discussion hopefully soon?

I’m unfamiliar with how someone figures out and sets the gap, though. Can someone enlighten me?

And don’t get me wrong. I still feel the rarity of this peach deserves non or plus placing. But if no one will actually settle for placing it more according to rarity as we all said we were going to do, then this is the only option I’m seeing that looks halfway easy to settle both sides?
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:02 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:I would also like to point out as a late thought while I’m cleaning, lol-

Place it at Ur Holy? 350+ people who voted for a tier above are upset. We ignore placing more according to rarity, and we ignore equal trade evidence for the non and above tiers.
Place it at non tier? 570+ people who voted for Holy are upset. We ignore equal trade evidence for it going for Holy tier. We don’t take intro consideration as much demand and focus more on the omgsr tag.

I honestly thought placing it at non tier would be more of a middle ground, but now I’m beginning to think that a new tier in between them isn’t the worst idea if we could get a gap figured out quickly for it. Here’s why:
-It could be a tier we could put other pets on that end up in similar situations.
-it will actually be middle ground (repeated lol) and we can settle this discussion hopefully soon?

I’m unfamiliar with how someone figures out and sets the gap, though. Can someone enlighten me?

And don’t get me wrong. I still feel the rarity of this peach deserves non or plus placing. But if no one will actually settle for placing it more according to rarity as we all said we were going to do, then this is the only option I’m seeing that looks halfway easy to settle both sides?

I also agree with this. If we are just going to sit here and argue over whether it goes on UR Holly or the Non tier than we should just make a new tier between the two since we can't seem to come to an agreement. It should not take this long to place a single pet.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
x.emberocsβ€’furry-pawsβ€’credit
β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zacharie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:02 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:I would also like to point out as a late thought while I’m cleaning, lol-

My only issue with this idea is the fact that rather than placing the peach as accurately as possible, it's being placed somewhere to keep everyone happy. Like you've already said, someone will be upset no matter where the peach gets placed, so it's admittedly a little confusing to see this going on. No matter what is done, someone will get upset over it, so why not let people get upset over an accurate placement reflecting rarity + demand, instead of one made only in an attempt to keep people happy?

On top of this, getting a new gap figured out will likely take some time - don't quote me on this though lol, I've never done it, this is just speculation! And we don't have time, as many people have stated multiple times before, given how many more pets we have to place after the peach.
I'd rather see the peach get a temporary placement somewhere, whether on the holly tier, the non tier, or the lion tier, doesn't really matter which in my eyes since they're so close together as it stands. In my opinion we should place the peach, and then return to it later and consider making it its own tier once the list of pets to place has significantly gone down in number.
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
βœ–
..P U R I F I C A T I O N

╔══════════════════╗
trade thread
rares list
OFF fanclub
---
was the batter.

β™‘xxxFRxxxΒ©xxxβ™₯
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Zacharie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:09 pm

@Zacharie

I would agree with you there. As I mentioned I still am in favor of a non or above placing. Focusing on rarity.

But if we’re going to keep going around in circles again, as we were just about finished, and with people getting heated I want something solved now, tbh.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm

A new tier wouldn’t be too hard, the gap between a non and ur Holly is roughly a green toxic so the gap would at best be a red toxic or gearback. As you said the gap is so minimal so it doesn’t give a lot of option
I still support the non tier for now, it goes for more, especially recently since the poll has been cast and I’m happy to see the public responding to that rather than the past guestimation of β€˜2 sorbets’ and it’s really encouraging to see it trade for a non plus since discussion started. That’s a good and main reason I support pacing it higher, it’s been going for a non more often now
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Crestalia wrote:
    snip

We tried to start working on this place a while ago and we came out with some amazing ideas. Kyar wanted to work on a thread that fully explained the Rares List and how to use it. It started off with some awesome fire and then it fizzled out and died. Well, we also decided we could make a rarity based list that used stats to show what pets should be on the same tiers. That thread is 51 pages and the one I got involved in. I am a stats major that's nearly done with my degree. I was able to enlist one of my professors (PhD) to help us and come up with a way to work the tiers and make it as professional as possible instead of just guessing. Well, we came up with a way and I got a single response to it. Our support for the rarity based list has completely fallen off to the point that even the thread owner doesn't respond and we can't do anything about it. To me, it doesn't feel like anyone really wants a change. I see a large number of users here complaining and another large number that consistently repeat the same things over and over that there's nothing wrong with the list and users just need to read. Yet, neither of those groups are coming up with ideas to change things or offering to help in projects that are already in progress. And the group of people that are coming up with ideas or working on projects are completely pushed aside by the other two groups.

There's a lot of closed minds around here and we need to start looking at the list from each others perspective. If we don't, this is all doomed to fail once again.

Just wanted to say I don't think the lack of posting in the pet count thread you're talking about is lack of interest in a rarity list so much as lack of understanding what you discuss on that thread. I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person but that threads divergence into the world of statistics completely bamboozles me.

Having a special interest in research and data collection I would have loved to help out but this layman just can't follow along with that thread, let alone feel like I have something worth adding.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:59 pm

lil rascal wrote:
Crestalia wrote:
    snip

We tried to start working on this place a while ago and we came out with some amazing ideas. Kyar wanted to work on a thread that fully explained the Rares List and how to use it. It started off with some awesome fire and then it fizzled out and died. Well, we also decided we could make a rarity based list that used stats to show what pets should be on the same tiers. That thread is 51 pages and the one I got involved in. I am a stats major that's nearly done with my degree. I was able to enlist one of my professors (PhD) to help us and come up with a way to work the tiers and make it as professional as possible instead of just guessing. Well, we came up with a way and I got a single response to it. Our support for the rarity based list has completely fallen off to the point that even the thread owner doesn't respond and we can't do anything about it. To me, it doesn't feel like anyone really wants a change. I see a large number of users here complaining and another large number that consistently repeat the same things over and over that there's nothing wrong with the list and users just need to read. Yet, neither of those groups are coming up with ideas to change things or offering to help in projects that are already in progress. And the group of people that are coming up with ideas or working on projects are completely pushed aside by the other two groups.

There's a lot of closed minds around here and we need to start looking at the list from each others perspective. If we don't, this is all doomed to fail once again.

Just wanted to say I don't think the lack of posting in the pet count thread you're talking about is lack of interest in a rarity list so much as lack of understanding what you discuss on that thread. I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person but that threads divergence into the world of statistics completely bamboozles me.

Having a special interest in research and data collection I would have loved to help out but this layman just can't follow along with that thread, let alone feel like I have something worth adding.

I really appreciate the feedback! Oh man I wish I knew that before. The final suggestion my professor made doesn't really have anything to do with stats so if we want to do that, all we need is counters to count the pets or a coder to create a program to count them for us. ^^
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me