February Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: February Discussion Thread

Postby pigeon - » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:27 am

CSF wrote:
legoless wrote:A little disappointed the koi dragons don't use the Lost City dragon lineart, would've looked a lot more fishy!

The Lost City? If you're talking about the lineart from Malk dragons, I don't think they're allowed to use them anymore.

the summer event, these guys c:

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSF » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:29 am

pige. wrote:
CSF wrote:
legoless wrote:A little disappointed the koi dragons don't use the Lost City dragon lineart, would've looked a lot more fishy!

The Lost City? If you're talking about the lineart from Malk dragons, I don't think they're allowed to use them anymore.

the summer event, these guys c:

Ooooooohhhhhh that makes sense ^-^ confusion is gone lol
CSF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YourLocalBreadDealer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:44 am

Ah! Well personally i agree with w h a t
This is my second month here yet i feel more involved than i have last month.
I love having a growth from anything every day ^o^
don't be flippin' rude

also

good things come to those who ARKARKARKARKARK

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
YourLocalBreadDealer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avianahelena » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 am

Lilian Nightshade wrote:While I understand how they can be annoying to many people, I personally don't mind splits as long as a single litter doesn't overkill it. Whenever I add splits to my litters it's due to lack of time/patience to color a middle stage for every single outcome, and in the case of the western dragons there were two middle stages plus the egg if I wanted to color it too. It took me over 3 months to color the adults already, so coloring the middle stages for each one was too much of a hassle and I took the easier option to be done with that litter already(also February is my birthday month and I wanted to release dragons in it) XD.

Plus, technically all pets split from their newborn stage, don't they? I usually don't find it as interesting to watch the pets grow if I know exactly which newborn is which like in 2nd gens, even though it's wonderful for trading purposes. I guess I just really like that extra element of surprise in growing pets, but that's just me.

Ya know what? This explanation actually helps. Thanks Lilian! :)
Also thank you for the obvious effort and attention you put into these beauties. It shows and I've personally been hoping for allllll the splits from this particular litter because, as previously mentioned, MOAR DRAGONS FOREVER.

Honestly, I know I've been saying it over and over but all the artists have completely outdone themselves this month. For me at least it makes up for all the splits.
I like bananas. Bananas are good.

All the introverts in the Apple cabin are stressed out by being with so many other introverts! Avianahelena helps move some sleeping bags out to sleep beneath the stars.
Avianahelena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 am

I personally like splits, as they make things a lot more interesting. Of course, I can see how they'd annoy someone trying for a complete collection c:
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:13 am

Personally, I love when splits happen! They help make things a little more interesting and trading a lot more necessary.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:07 am

Lillian's dragons are the most gorgeous creatures on this whole site, split litters or not, I don't know how anyone can hold any negative words to them to be honest. ^^' do not hoard the dragons myth, you do not need any more dragons myth.. no.. more.. dragons.. nope..

And if you'll were wise, you'd not swap and trade newborns until they were all grown anyways, that's how I've always handled collecting and trading in the past. And, that way, you won't be disappointed because you'd already know about splits and such before needlessly 'wasting' fodder. c:
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avianahelena » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:23 am

myth + destiny wrote:And if you were wise, you'd not swap and trade newborns until they were all grown anyways, that's how I've always handled collecting and trading in the past. And, that way, you won't be disappointed because you'd already know about splits and such before needlessly 'wasting' fodder. c:

B-but...but I'm NOT wise. I'm a slightly neurotic pack rat who can't stand to have gaps in her collection and is also afraid that hoarders will make it difficult to get certain outcomes if I wait too long. :P
I'm also pretty lazy, so like. I get where everyone's coming from who wants to have fun searching for missed outcomes. But I'm always happiest when I don't have to try more than one or two swaps to get stuff. :lol:

Speaking of Lilian's dragons being basically the center of my world right now, are there any hints yet as to when she'll share some of the lore behind the litter with us? I am dying to know.
I like bananas. Bananas are good.

All the introverts in the Apple cabin are stressed out by being with so many other introverts! Avianahelena helps move some sleeping bags out to sleep beneath the stars.
Avianahelena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:24 am

I understand that splits make it less work for the artist. And for the dragons the splits make the most sense because koi have so many variations. For the dragons I expected splits, and the more koi dragons the better.

And this isn’t, like targetting or anything, but the guineas the middle stage isn’t really less work for the artist as it is unecessary, but its cool to see them bloom. I would have loved the guineas to have different “skies”, like a pastel orange sky behind the yellow flowers ahhhh or nighttime behind the purple flowers. *_*

Then we could see they’re different outcomes and still have that seperate stage to have the blooming effect.

But to avoid extra work there could be a simple eye color change, or like the jewel liontail have a little something tiny added. Its really the dogs that frustrate me with the splits.

Anywho not trying to sound mean or anything just my opinion on the splits, because we didn’t used to have very many and now there is like an explosion of them. Which is fine with sufficient adoption limits and people that have a lot of extra time and don’t mind intereacting with people & posting on the forums. Kind of hard in college, but at the same time it does give users more to do, but can also be frustrating. I think part of the frustration is all these splits + chinese new year + valentine’s day, and trying to keep up with everything and not getting left behind.
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:36 am

Avianahelena wrote:Speaking of Lilian's dragons being basically the center of my world right now, are there any hints yet as to when she'll share some of the lore behind the litter with us? I am dying to know.

I'm just trying to figure out a way to do it right now ^^'. Patience.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me