February Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: February Discussion Thread

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:37 am

While I understand how they can be annoying to many people, I personally don't mind splits as long as a single litter doesn't overkill it. Whenever I add splits to my litters it's due to lack of time/patience to color a middle stage for every single outcome, and in the case of the western dragons there were two middle stages plus the egg if I wanted to color it too. It took me over 3 months to color the adults already, so coloring the middle stages for each one was too much of a hassle and I took the easier option to be done with that litter already(also February is my birthday month and I wanted to release dragons in it) XD.

Plus, technically all pets split from their newborn stage, don't they? I usually don't find it as interesting to watch the pets grow if I know exactly which newborn is which like in 2nd gens, even though it's wonderful for trading purposes. I guess I just really like that extra element of surprise in growing pets, but that's just me.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostseraph » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:44 am

I'm ok with a few splits, it's just when every pet has a split it gets annoying. Btw have all the brown pups from the blue blanket litter grown now?
Frostseraph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby w h a t » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:03 am

unpopular opinion, but I just absolutely adore the splits
not only do splits guarantee some sort of rarity variance in the pets rather than them being all common or very common, but splits can be extremely useful in helping to get players active and distributing wealth trading; overpay, underpay, whatever
Splits also show that the artists of Chicken smoothie really are giving more to the community. From what I've seen, 4 is about the average variance of a litter, right? sometimes it's definitely more, but 4 full-grown outcomes seems to be the "minimum"
plus who doesn't love another pretty dragon outcome? OwO I have 0 complaints about the koi fish dragons splitting, and I was actually wildly ecstatic at seeing that there was not only a growth, but a split when I got on the other day. To me it really just means there's more of that species now, even if just by one or 2.
and I really just love seeing all the different designs the artists come up with

lots of love to you by the way, Lilian, and a happy late/early/unknown birthday/month. love your dragons too much
can i offer you a nice turnip in this trying time?

Amazing people who deserve love and good trades: .💜.
If you sass me about something i chose to do, be prepared for sass in return💕 If i block you, that's my business. Maybe you did something wrong?
w h a t

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 am

Splits? What are those?

person who doesn't bother trading for missed outcomes until several months have passed because of laziness busy-ness IRL ->
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 am

nickjr wrote:Splits? What are those?

person who doesn't bother trading for missed outcomes until several months have passed because of laziness busy-ness IRL ->

splits are when a middle stage has one outcome, and then some grow up and some don't
for example if you look at the guinea pigs you have the newborn, which grew in to

and it was still growing, you then had

this outcome, but also some of the outcome without flowers still growing,

this was then another split from that first grown stage -- you can see it clearly in the archive here

--

personally i am quite enjoying all of the splits, makes me focus on trading a bit more,
even if certain splits are harder to find. it makes me committed to finding and getting
them and it's making the last couple of months a challenge but loads of fun! finally
happy to get the grown dragon though before the next lot of growths though aha!

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legoless » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 am

A little disappointed the koi dragons don't use the Lost City dragon lineart, would've looked a lot more fishy!
ImageImageImage Discord
CapriCoon wrote:AHH MY WORDS SUDDENLY POOFED INTO LEGO'S SIG.

legoless wrote:What sort of loser sig quotes himself?
legoless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sage. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:02 am

I didn't like the guinea pigs that much, but otherwise I think it's a really great litter!
i only use this site for oekaki and forums
sage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverCervine » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:14 am

love this pet! those colours and patterns are so tasty and satisfying -w-
SilverCervine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:23 am

pige. wrote:
nickjr wrote:Splits? What are those?

splits are when a middle stage has one outcome, and then some grow up and some don't
for example if you look at the guinea pigs you have the newborn, which grew in to

and it was still growing, you then had

this outcome, but also some of the outcome without flowers still growing,

this was then another split from that first grown stage -- you can see it clearly in the archive here

Aaaaaaaagh I forgot to include a smiley OTL Should've put a =P in there somewhere. I meant to suggest that I don't even notice splits and therefore have no opinion on them lol
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSF » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:26 am

legoless wrote:A little disappointed the koi dragons don't use the Lost City dragon lineart, would've looked a lot more fishy!

The Lost City? If you're talking about the lineart from Malk dragons, I don't think they're allowed to use them anymore.
CSF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me