"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby *destiny* » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 am

what about the 3 really rare bunnines in order UR Butterbun, Joker and Sun Jewel. Shouldn't they be on the list? where should they go?
*destiny*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keatchi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:36 pm

(Sunbacks): Okay, sounds good Atwood.
Atwood wrote:They should be just above the Non-Jewel Sun I think - technically they're more common, but they're also more highly sought than the Non-Jewel from what I've seen.

The list is also missing the Line Tribal and the Gearback Tribal, but I'm not sure where they'd fit in.

Me neither. Anybody have an idea?

*destiny* wrote:what about the 3 really rare bunnines in order UR Butterbun, Joker and Sun Jewel. Shouldn't they be on the list? where should they go?

I'm not really sure that they're that rare.

Devilish:.:Daughtry wrote:
Kirimi wrote:is the nontag equal with nonswirl?

Yes.

Put it up there, let me know if it's in the right place.

Javin wrote:Do the hundreds of pets that are created without accounts affect the rarity of the pets here?

Could someone answer this? I'd love to put it in the FAQs.
Like something about, "if a dog is released now with the same rarity as the blue sorbet was released with, it is less rare because more people have a chance of making more of it than the sorbet".
?
#skateboarder #bilingual #surfer #poet #panrom #ace #transnb
32°10′55″N 93°54′24″W
this is my thanks

my sibling Cinnamon. and i often trade as well as use the same IP adress.

don't ban us please c:
Keatchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SagittariusII » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:43 am

I think the line tribal would go right above the rainbow mane, with the gearback above that.
SagittariusII

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Spock wrote:(Sunbacks): Okay, sounds good Atwood.
Atwood wrote:They should be just above the Non-Jewel Sun I think - technically they're more common, but they're also more highly sought than the Non-Jewel from what I've seen.

The list is also missing the Line Tribal and the Gearback Tribal, but I'm not sure where they'd fit in.

Me neither. Anybody have an idea?

*destiny* wrote:what about the 3 really rare bunnines in order UR Butterbun, Joker and Sun Jewel. Shouldn't they be on the list? where should they go?

I'm not really sure that they're that rare.

Devilish:.:Daughtry wrote:
Kirimi wrote:is the nontag equal with nonswirl?

Yes.

Put it up there, let me know if it's in the right place.

Javin wrote:Do the hundreds of pets that are created without accounts affect the rarity of the pets here?

Could someone answer this? I'd love to put it in the FAQs.
Like something about, "if a dog is released now with the same rarity as the blue sorbet was released with, it is less rare because more people have a chance of making more of it than the sorbet".
?

UR Bunny should DEFINITELY be on the list. It's the rarest bunny.
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ventru » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:03 am

Spock wrote:
SagittariusII wrote:I think the line tribal would go right above the rainbow mane, with the gearback above that.

Agreed, guys?
Starstreak wrote:UR Bunny should DEFINITELY be on the list. It's the rarest bunny.

But where?

First, I agree too =]

Second, the UR bunny... I guess before the toxics?
Engel wrote:
You put the smoothie in cs lol

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk about anything. c:
Ventru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskynerd » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:38 am

Great thread! I'm annoyed with myself for not checking it out sooner. Nice work everyone. :)

I find rarity really interesting. (Which may make me a dork.) XD

Something that's been bugging me a lot lately is the white dragon. I know it's not on the list, and I don't know if it should be or not...

But, I keep seeing people say that the grey dragon is worth more than the white because the grey was only released once, yada yada yada. A lot of people with white dragons asking about fair trades are being advised as if the dragon's worth next to nothing. It's getting on my nerves.

It is still Very Rare, yes? Should the fact that it will be released again in the future really affect its worth in the present?
And saying that it's worth less than the grey? That seems crazy to me. On a longer timeline you could say that the uncommon copper/green dragons are worth more too! Right now, though, they're not. I think the White Dragons are being criminally undervalued. Am I wrong?
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jeweled » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:46 am

dejaentendu wrote:Great thread! I'm annoyed with myself for not checking it out sooner. Nice work everyone. :)

I find rarity really interesting. (Which may make me a dork.) XD

Something that's been bugging me a lot lately is the white dragon. I know it's not on the list, and I don't know if it should be or not...

But, I keep seeing people say that the grey dragon is worth more than the white because the grey was only released once, yada yada yada. A lot of people with white dragons asking about fair trades are being advised as if the dragon's worth next to nothing. It's getting on my nerves.

It is still Very Rare, yes? Should the fact that it will be released again in the future really affect its worth in the present?
And saying that it's worth less than the grey? That seems crazy to me. On a longer timeline you could say that the uncommon copper/green dragons are worth more too! Right now, though, they're not. I think the White Dragons are being criminally undervalued. Am I wrong?

Hm, I'm not sure how to put this, but I think I explained something similar earlier, just with the zebras. Let me find the quotes - Atwood responded as well and had a great explanation.

Edit:
Here are the quotes:

himorganhere wrote:
Devilish wrote:
himorganhere wrote:Their rarity seems to be on the decline. C:

What? Like, it keeps going down? But Zebras only go out to every 40,000 equi horse foals that are adopted. It says we have 80,000+ members, but half of those don't come online.

Yeah - it's hard to explain, but I'll put it like this: zebras are constantly being released, albeit in small amounts, but still being released nevertheless. The pets that people pay for them with, however, are not being rereleased on a constant basis, which leads to the slow decline of zebra rarity. ^^

Atwood wrote:Remember that each member can adopt a lot of equimagine foals. ;) This month alone everyone could adopt 38 newborns, and if you assume that only 40'000 members are active and that of those not all will necessarily adopt to the max, that's still thirty or forty new zebras a month. They're still extremely rare, especially if they're separated into the three species, but the rarity will be decreasing with increasing rapidity over the months as more people adopt horses and join the site. As himorganhere says, the numbers of zebras are continually increasing and at a growing pace, while the other pets like Sundogs are going down in availability at the same increasing pace as they aren't being released again (apart from on Dec. 18, which doesn't affect relative availability anyway since most pets get re-released at the same time and amounts) but there are growing numbers of people who want them.

If you apply that to the white and gray dragon problem, then it shows that the gray dragon's rarity will continue to drastically increase, especially with the increase of the number of users. On the other hand, the white dragon's rarity will decline, also affected by the number of users - the more there are the more that will be adopted, and the greater the gap in the numbers between white and gray dragons will become.
Last edited by Jeweled on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jeweled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskynerd » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:50 am

I read what Atwood said about the Zebras. But what I'm more asking about is should they be considered worth less now just because their rarity will go down sometime in the future? You could ask the same about zebras.
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jeweled » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:53 am

dejaentendu wrote:I read what Atwood said about the Zebras. But what I'm more asking about is should they be considered worth less now just because their rarity will go down sometime in the future? You could ask the same about zebras.

After much wrestling with it, I managed to get what I wanted into my post. xD

And to add onto it, no, they probably shouldn't be considered worth any less now, but I don't believe that they are worth the very rare July and August pets. Just like you wouldn't trade a very rare bunny or a very rare skeleton PPS for a July dog. ^^ The white dragon is probably a more fairly "common" very rare. Not that that makes any sense. xD
Jeweled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskynerd » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:56 am

No, no - that makes sense. Like the Balloon dogs are the most common Augusts, and the apple is the most common UR. ^^

It just bugs the hell outta me when I see people posting that someone offered them, like, 2 store dogs for their White Dragon and someone says unfair to the store dogs. :roll:
huskynerd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me