Do dates really matter?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do pet dates matter when trading?

Yes
62%
No
21%
Unsure
17%

Total votes : 84

Re: Do dates really matter?

Postby AuroraFier » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:21 pm

Darkcloud! wrote:imo its a hard problem. there are less and less 2008-2010s out there, and some are made wildly over priced bc of hoarding and refusal to trade them away. its very difficult to find players who are even willing to trade them one for one with pets of the same year.

the new players NEED something to be able to compete with the olders without giving up half their pet collection for one rare from 2010- especially when you look at it as kids vs. 30+ year olds: the 30yr old 9/10 times will take advantage of the kid.

that for me is the base of the date problem: there were less players in the first 4-5 years, many of them are not online anymore, and those that are very rarely give up old pets without extreme overpay. theres more players now, but this devalues the rares that are released now bc there are too many copies (hoarding still happens, and can drive it up, but thats different) and makes the demand higher on old pets, meaning charging more = free overpay from desperate young people.

i personally dont care about owning true dates or specific time stamped pets, and the only time i would value a trading pet more is in the case of dec 18th re releases, bc the original pet is always worth at Least double what the rerelease is, simply bc one is actually from the correct year and the other is not. otherwise i could care less if stuff like monthlies are adopted on the first or not. they all grow up after all ♡

Exactly!! I don't care if it's a rerelease or a true date. It also doesn't matter if you adopt the monthly pets on the 1st or the 30th/31st. They all grow! I'm not a huge fan of individuals who hoard an insane amount of an outcome(s). Especially older rare+ pets. I've had an extremely hard time just trading for old uncommons! I don't want to overpay because I don't have much to trade with. I understand loving a certain outcome(s) or species, but do you really need 50, 100, 250+? I'm a new player, and an adult. I often gift newer players to help them out.

Pet dates, unfortunately, matter greatly to many players. I'm 50/50 on this. I can see how older pets are easier to trade for if you have older pets. But I don't understand newer pets being easier to trade with older pets. Especially when they should be easy to trade for other newer pets. This makes it extremely difficult for new(er) players.

(Sorry!! Didn't mean to make this so long!)
🏳️‍🌈 Love Is Love 🏳️‍🌈
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crazyclaww » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:29 pm

no need to apologize! I was hoping for discussion to happen :]
I'm just now realizing lately how much date actually.. doesn't matter much?
but that it's similar to demand. even if you don't necessarily believe in it,
you kinda have to play along :/

I'm also curious to hear more on what people think of lists, i should make a thread on that sometime
as if I have any input on it myself though LOL, list has always confused me
ImageImageImage
I'm Crazyclaww!
DMs and trades are always open <3
(check out my art stuff!)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Crazyclaww

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harpija221 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:46 pm

I wish dates would matter less haha. I understand not wanting to trade recent pet for like 2010 one for reasons mentioned earlier but feel like it should be easier to trade pets within few years difference. imo their value shouldn't be that much different, especially with updated rarities.

I never liked the list and was happy to see it discontinued x) it wasn't a bad idea but I feel like it would create "fake" demand? pet has slightly higher demand and goes higher on list. now many people look at it and go aha! this pet is more valuable, now I will treat it as such! and demand rises higher. idk if I'm making sense x)

the biggest problem for me was probably that so many people treated is as official guide and there was less.. flexibility with trades? you either trade by list rules or not trade at all cuz it was so difficult to find people who want to trade not according to the list
Last edited by Harpija221 on Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harpija221

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:48 pm

The whole list thing has me completely confused. It's so hard to understand! I completely avoid the lists at all costs. The list seems like a handful of players opinions that turned into an unspoken rule.
Last edited by AuroraFier on Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🏳️‍🌈 Love Is Love 🏳️‍🌈
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Insomniyote » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:49 pm

Personally to me, im not worried about the dates and stuff but it's absolutely insane how people are starting to ask for specific times now
Quitting, All pets are available for art
Insomniyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vampkit » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:53 pm

Insomniyote wrote:Personally to me, im not worried about the dates and stuff but it's absolutely insane how people are starting to ask for specific times now

literallyyyy my exact thoughts when i started coming back. i was like HUH?? how unnecessary... i guess it sorta makes sense 4 ppl to want to have them in specific order. but thats just so much to ask imo
⋆˖⁺‧₊𓆩: ☆ :𓆪₊‧⁺˖⋆
kit ⬩ adult ⬩ they
kitty cat artist

⋆˖⁺‧₊𓆩 ☆ 𓆪₊‧⁺˖⋆
vampkit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bonsaibee » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:56 pm

I don’t really think it matters. An omgsorare from 2008 has the same value as one from 2014. That’s because no pets can ever be deleted, they just go to the pound. So someone will always have it. They aren’t getting “more rare”. If there were only 500 of a certain pet, there always will be 500. It will stay consistent in rarity. (Unless they update the rarity levels again) But that’s just how I think of it :) sure it’s cool to have an old pet, but I don’t think years should make a huge impact on value.
I aim to collect at least one of every bunny on cs. If it's on my wishlist, I don't have it. All trades and donations are very welcomed and appreciated.

opossums- the only thing i love more than life
bonsaibee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slawth » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:01 am

bonsaibee wrote:I don’t really think it matters. An omgsorare from 2008 has the same value as one from 2014. That’s because no pets can ever be deleted, they just go to the pound. So someone will always have it. They aren’t getting “more rare”. If there were only 500 of a certain pet, there always will be 500. It will stay consistent in rarity. (Unless they update the rarity levels again) But that’s just how I think of it :) sure it’s cool to have an old pet, but I don’t think years should make a huge impact on value.

oh no pets can be deleted, I dont think someone would delete such a valuable pet, but they for sure can be deleted ^^;;

I think dates kinda matter?
like I'm not gonna take a omgsr from today for my 2008 one unless I like the recent one
also pets rarities fluctuate due to deletion or etc. so older pets tend to be harder to find

the older the pet is the harder it is to get, I.E why dates end up mattering
the lists though I dont care for, I just trade for pets that I want and not ones with "high" demand.

some pets do bypass this though, like URs (obviously) or some of the more recent pets I'm after that I can't even get with 2008-2010 rares!

but honestly? idrc about true dates or whatnot. long as I have the pet I want I wont fuss
Slawth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crazyclaww » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:06 am

yeah pets can get deleted, some people delete the high value ones in particular for fun 😭
then again i guess that could just be a rumor I heard
ImageImageImage
I'm Crazyclaww!
DMs and trades are always open <3
(check out my art stuff!)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Crazyclaww

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:07 am

Slawth wrote:
bonsaibee wrote:I don’t really think it matters. An omgsorare from 2008 has the same value as one from 2014. That’s because no pets can ever be deleted, they just go to the pound. So someone will always have it. They aren’t getting “more rare”. If there were only 500 of a certain pet, there always will be 500. It will stay consistent in rarity. (Unless they update the rarity levels again) But that’s just how I think of it :) sure it’s cool to have an old pet, but I don’t think years should make a huge impact on value.

oh no pets can be deleted, I dont think someone would delete such a valuable pet, but they for sure can be deleted ^^;;

Oh im pretty sure valuable pets have been deleted, if im remembering correctly there were people deleting the skelebun.

Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me