Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

If this goes ahead would you apply to become a replier?

no
38%
yes - higher value trades / items
15%
yes - bulk trades / items
No votes
yes - uncommon and below
13%
Yes - C$
15%
Yes - Rares / very rares / Exremely rares
20%

Total votes : 40

Re: Is a new fair trade thread system needed?

Postby Vought » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:21 am

Another thing I forgot to mention, I feel like accessibility is needed. 99% of the time a new player is not going to know where to look for pet value help. I feel like there should be a tab for us to go to specifically for guides and pet worth. Cramming them all into one subcategory on forums makes it hard to find. I also feel like it can be overwhelming, the forums always have been overwhelming because there is so much going on at once. I feel like we need 1 or 2 guides approved by staff separated from everything else. Or just a section of the site dedicated to value. (similarly to how there's a tab for adopting, forums, art, etc.)

but I also agree with the point Bluefly made about not needing to base everything off of 1 person's advice or the five people who actively answer advice questions. It would be insanely useful if CS implemented a system where we can view recent trades people accepted/declined for the pet we are trading without sharing usernames. Personally, I learn better by visualizing things, if I can see what other people value the pet at and actively trade it at, that would be a really great help for me personally. It also would take the stress off of people giving advice.

another point bluefly made I really agree with is the defending yourself aspect. I feel like it's kinda unfair people can immediately cancel a trade and leave a rude message or say blatantly false information about value and we can't correct them or message them without it being seen as hostile or mean.
wip :3
Vought

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:23 am

suguru geto wrote:Another thing I forgot to mention, I feel like accessibility is needed. 99% of the time a new player is not going to know where to look for pet value help. I feel like there should be a tab for us to go to specifically for guides and pet worth. Cramming them all into one subcategory on forums makes it hard to find. I also feel like it can be overwhelming, the forums always have been overwhelming because there is so much going on at once. I feel like we need 1 or 2 guides approved by staff separated from everything else. Or just a section of the site dedicated to value. (similarly to how there's a tab for adopting, forums, art, etc.)

but I also agree with the point Bluefly made about not needing to base everything off of 1 person's advice or the five people who actively answer advice questions. It would be insanely useful if CS implemented a system where we can view recent trades people accepted/declined for the pet we are trading without sharing usernames. Personally, I learn better by visualizing things, if I can see what other people value the pet at and actively trade it at, that would be a really great help for me personally. It also would take the stress off of people giving advice.

another point bluefly made I really agree with is the defending yourself aspect. I feel like it's kinda unfair people can immediately cancel a trade and leave a rude message or say blatantly false information about value and we can't correct them or message them without it being seen as hostile or mean.

I cannot say this enough <3 this is the single best thread on the game lmao > CLick!

Also I did put together some helpful links if that helps you at all by the way Click!

In reply to the last point in this to, since the rarity update... Its like at christmas. The players who dont come on as much or the ones who just collect/hoard come out of the woodwork and you get people who feel the need to be rude and aggressive knowing you cant reply without it being reportable. I think today alone i have had maybe 3 hugely unfair trades... Do I feel the need to be rude. Yes, sometimes I really do. But do I .... No because this is a game! The community here can be amazing but the odd few make people not want to trade/ give their opinion and I dont think thats right.
Last edited by Bluefly26799 on Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vought » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:23 am

Bluefly26799 wrote:
suguru geto wrote:Another thing I forgot to mention, I feel like accessibility is needed. 99% of the time a new player is not going to know where to look for pet value help. I feel like there should be a tab for us to go to specifically for guides and pet worth. Cramming them all into one subcategory on forums makes it hard to find. I also feel like it can be overwhelming, the forums always have been overwhelming because there is so much going on at once. I feel like we need 1 or 2 guides approved by staff separated from everything else. Or just a section of the site dedicated to value. (similarly to how there's a tab for adopting, forums, art, etc.)

I cannot say this enough <3 this is the single best thread on the game lmao > CLick!

Also I did put together some helpful links if that helps you at all by the way Click!

thank you so much for linking me to these <333 I am going to check both of them out and keep them bookmarked
wip :3
Vought

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:28 am

suguru geto wrote:
Bluefly26799 wrote:

thank you so much for linking me to these <333 I am going to check both of them out and keep them bookmarked

The first ones the successful trades thread. Thats where I get every speck of my trade data from as its just a godsend. I really cant recommend it enough
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:05 am

Okay so looking at this feedback so far there are definitely some points we can address

I have also added in a poll If you could take a look <3

Replier guidelines

- Repliers must do their best to reply when theyre free / online

- Repliers that dont contribute for over 1 month with be withdrawn

- Repliers will be allowed 2 disbute warnings before action is taken.

: Sub point to this - If a reply is disputed and it is found that the reply is pretty close to being accurate / down to small details or demand. Once the depute has been settles this will be removed from the repliers record as people can have different opinions
: Permanent dispute points will be granted from replies that are wildly inaccurate (not a genuine mistake, there is a clear gap of knowledge. Support will always be given to repliers if they need it so ask someone else rather than respond wrong)
: The action taken against the replier will be removal from the approved repliers lisst followed by a 1 month ban from reply on that forum. They will then be free to repeat the process again. Note if a replier is dismissed in this fashion twice they wont be allowed to give advice on this forum.
- Worth noting with this last point it only applies to the forum the disputes on if they have approval to reply on several forums, the others will not be affected.

- Peer reviews from other repliers will take place in the guidelines. Mods of the forum may contact repliers and ask for their opinions on fellow repliers advice from time to time to ensure we are keeping things are fair as possible

- Reviews upon request. Any member of the chicken smoothie community may contact any mod of the forum ( these members will be clearly marked and are not the general repliers for the thread) to ask for an assessment of any comment made by a replier.

if i missed off anything that you think would help make this run smoother or even have some more feeback on this idea i would really love to hear it <3
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yunjin » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:46 am

I do like the idea of some people having to be approved to give advice, and the review system seems like a good way to make sure they are credible.

One (small) concern I do have is how players would know which thread to use if they don't know the difference between a regular r/vr vs. a list pet, for example.

Maybe instead of having many threads on CS, there could be a Discord server dedicated to answering questions about fairness
> could use roles for item/bulk/list/uc & c helpers
> sending in help tickets anonymously if someone wants to dispute
> easy to ping and notify
> fewer threads to manage, or they're all in one place

Just my thoughts. Thanks for getting this suggestion started Bluefly!
Yunjin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:50 am

Haruko, wrote:I do like the idea of some people having to be approved to give advice, and the review system seems like a good way to make sure they are credible.

One (small) concern I do have is how players would know which thread to use if they don't know the difference between a regular r/vr vs. a list pet, for example.

Maybe instead of having many threads on CS, there could be a Discord server dedicated to answering questions about fairness
> could use roles for item/bulk/list/uc & c helpers
> sending in help tickets anonymously if someone wants to dispute
> easy to ping and notify
> fewer threads to manage, or they're all in one place

Just my thoughts. Thanks for getting this suggestion started Bluefly!

I think thats a good point, I think we really need to push education in this game. In my signature is a link to a thread i put together which has a section on how to find out what your pet is. If people have a better base knowledge i think the risk of bad advice/scamming is lower in general.

I would also recommend a contents section in each thread so people can easily menovour to the thread they need. This can also include the helpful links for people to find out what their pet is

Discord wise I think its a good shout, Personally though im not in any CS related discord servers and i know lots of people arent so we would possibly need to try to keep it onsite if possible. Though of course for things like disputing / discussions then of course discords always a good option. I know theres a main CS one i think? Idk would it be easier to set up a new Discord server that is soley for the purpose of trade support?
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moon gem » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:33 am

full disclosure, i haven’t read any responses to this as of yet, but i will! below are my opinions:
[tldr: this seems like a good idea, but i have a few concerns.]

• i think that something like this would be a good idea for higher value trades, because the probability of newer users getting scammed, returning users trading higher value pets for less than their ‘worth’, and the december 18th craze in which people already take advantage of.

• i also think that it’s very difficult to give any solid advice because so much of the trading system, especially for those high value pets that will always have the term ‘list’ attached to them, is so broken for so long. it’s super difficult for a new user to understand rarities simply because of the whole rarity vs demand debate. with the new rarities, i thought trading would be a bit more like: “i have an omgsr on your wishlist which i’d like to trade for this omgsr you have on your wishlist” and boom, the trade is set and done if people people like it. as opposed to how trading is now, where people still decide the end all be all for trading is the user run rares list(s) and that’s always going to be how it is. as an example, so many of those ‘advent’ tier pets are now omgsr where as the raven dog, which has been being traded for 5-6 nons is extremely rare. i understand demand is a thing, but i think relying so very heavily on everything being fair down to the last rare and down to what the ‘lists’ say has made trading so much harder.

• i’d love for there to be a way forward that mitigates all of these issues. having a thread for trades such as very rare and up where users can turn to and receive advice only from approved individuals who have exposure and experience with those higher value trades is awesome. but, before i think that can happen, i think first we need to let the values settle and figure out how to determine what makes a trade ‘fair’ again. because to be perfectly honest, i feel that any omgsr pet, even those previously listed on the ‘advent’ tier, are worth well more than the values they’ve been getting these last few years.

• the only other thing i have to add, is that this likely would cause a backup when having trades being responded to. i wouldn’t consider myself an ‘expert’ at trading, because really who could be when it’s so confusing, but i do consider myself to be very comfortable with the non and ma values we have been using these last few years to determine values of trades. however, i know there are some trades i’d still be uncomfortable offering advice on, because personally i wouldn’t value some of the high demand pets as high as they are ‘listed’ as. that being said, i’m sure there are others that are comfortable offering advice, but might not always be available or might not be comfortable giving advice on a specific trade, which would take a significant amount of time to get answers out.
moon gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:39 am

I support the fact that they should crack down on users who repeatedly give false advice with nothing to back up their claims, but I dont know if what is being proposed here would work, I feel like people will still give their two cents even if they arent appointed a trade helper, it would be difficult to implement and control.

I do support the idea! Its just unrealistic imo :c
___
___

She/her, adult.
Trader, crosstrader, collector, rat enthusiast.
Fair Trade Thread | New "Rares List" | The "What's My Pet Worth?" Thread
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluefly26799 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:45 am

moon gem wrote:
full disclosure, i haven’t read any responses to this as of yet, but i will! below are my opinions:
[tldr: this seems like a good idea, but i have a few concerns.]

• i think that something like this would be a good idea for higher value trades, because the probability of newer users getting scammed, returning users trading higher value pets for less than their ‘worth’, and the december 18th craze in which people already take advantage of.

• i also think that it’s very difficult to give any solid advice because so much of the trading system, especially for those high value pets that will always have the term ‘list’ attached to them, is so broken for so long. it’s super difficult for a new user to understand rarities simply because of the whole rarity vs demand debate. with the new rarities, i thought trading would be a bit more like: “i have an omgsr on your wishlist which i’d like to trade for this omgsr you have on your wishlist” and boom, the trade is set and done if people people like it. as opposed to how trading is now, where people still decide the end all be all for trading is the user run rares list(s) and that’s always going to be how it is. as an example, so many of those ‘advent’ tier pets are now omgsr where as the raven dog, which has been being traded for 5-6 nons is extremely rare. i understand demand is a thing, but i think relying so very heavily on everything being fair down to the last rare and down to what the ‘lists’ say has made trading so much harder.

• i’d love for there to be a way forward that mitigates all of these issues. having a thread for trades such as very rare and up where users can turn to and receive advice only from approved individuals who have exposure and experience with those higher value trades is awesome. but, before i think that can happen, i think first we need to let the values settle and figure out how to determine what makes a trade ‘fair’ again. because to be perfectly honest, i feel that any omgsr pet, even those previously listed on the ‘advent’ tier, are worth well more than the values they’ve been getting these last few years.

• the only other thing i have to add, is that this likely would cause a backup when having trades being responded to. i wouldn’t consider myself an ‘expert’ at trading, because really who could be when it’s so confusing, but i do consider myself to be very comfortable with the non and ma values we have been using these last few years to determine values of trades. however, i know there are some trades i’d still be uncomfortable offering advice on, because personally i wouldn’t value some of the high demand pets as high as they are ‘listed’ as. that being said, i’m sure there are others that are comfortable offering advice, but might not always be available or might not be comfortable giving advice on a specific trade, which would take a significant amount of time to get answers out.

Hello!

Thnk you so much for your response!

Personally I feel once you reach ma or higher their really needs to be a seperate rarity system almost. Its not fair to remotely suggest a 2013 store rat is worth the same as say a skelebun. I do think the new rarity update will help with all pets lower than ma value as especially the things that shifted to ER/Omgsr did need that bump but im my opinion we almost need a complete overhaul of all things ma value or higher with new up to date names as youre right; list, Ma, La ect dont make sense to the newer players.

I agree with you on the being cautious about answering some trades, I dont personally follow horrors list so a lot of the rares that became ma worth i dont value as such. When giving advice/offering on them I refer to the successful trades thread as ik everyone else does. They're something I never go for and so wouldnt ever be 100000% confident but I feel I would have the skills to at least be able to give a bit of educated advice/ where to find the data for them to see the proof themselves.

I also know with the rarity changes most upper list player are trading as normal waiting for the proof of change but if were all doing that nothings gonna change for those pets :') All this change does is add the bump needed to those that became ER/Omgsr during the change but those that are ma or higher really ought to have there own system. Since the update i cannot tell you how many "omgsr swap" I have been offered, both by players who have no clue and people that really do know better.

I do thing you're right in it slowing trades down, however as i replied before i think that comes down to waiting for the accurate advice or risk getting bad advice (every bit of data someone id going to provide you for a reply is out there anyway if you know how to find it, thats why I think we should be focusing on teaching people how to trade too)

I think these are all such valid points thank you for taking the time on this <3

depressedanonymous wrote:I support the fact that they should crack down on users who repeatedly give false advice with nothing to back up their claims, but I dont know if what is being proposed here would work, I feel like people will still give their two cents even if they arent appointed a trade helper, it would be difficult to implement and control.

I do support the idea! Its just unrealistic imo :c

I worry to itll be hard to do thats why im looking for some opinions, Mainly from those that have to jump in and correct the bad advice :') I feel like the mods/ admin work so hard on this site as it is but If this was a more player controlled thing then maybe we could be stricter in enforcing this issue as there are so many eyes on it making sure people who are approved are the only ones given advice. It would be nice to work with the staff maybe to give people approved a special icon on their profile that shows when they post? Not to be mistaken for admin but just so people know whos officially been approved.

This though would make it a move involved process for the admin initially but if its maintained properly could bring back some of the enjoyment to trading
Bluefly26799

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me