Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Postby Aaron✦ » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:19 pm

I'll totally join in with the September challenge! The staff litter is a great time to do it haha

I haven't posted my summer event hoards yet, so I'll show those off on this new thread >:3

19/??? disability pride month!

First one is not summer event, but for disability pride month. I'm not sure how many I want yet!

10/20 cool rig dude

I'm saving for a new PC with an appropriately absurd amount of RGB lighting so this felt right lol

20/20✔ WHISKA FOR ME?

this pet looks just like my cat when she hears her whiskas food pouches

14/20 splatagotchi

and THIS ONE looks like my cat (her name is Splat) as a tamagotchi!

8/20 Robotoro!

20/20✔ ERROR

These are just very aesthetically pleasing :)

20/20✔ my internet home

The forums really have been my internet home for 9 years now, so a pet based directly on them was an instant hoard for me. I'd have liked to get some more but I was running out of tokens, so 20 it is!

ImageImage
20/20✔ a taste of childhood!

these items are just too cute!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salika » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:46 am

DaDwarf wrote:Shiny new thread! Who wants to do a hoard challange with me? In september, pick 1 pet you want to hoard and see how many of you can get before the end of the month! We can compare scores at the start of the next month!

To make it extra challenging, try to pick a pet you dont already have many off! We'll start september 1st?

I love this! I'll definitley participate

by LeFreaks||Avatar by Remulle
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓃𝑒... 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Art Thread||Art Shop
Salika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:11 am

Oooo, that challenge sounds fun!
And maybe it'll help me shake some of the rust off my trading skill, haha
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxique » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:31 am

That challenge sure sounds exciting! I'll definitely try to participate if there's a pet I like :D
Toxique

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:40 am

Zoethian wrote:New thread! Mmm, smells… minty?

I like the sound of that challenge! I might join - I’ll be starting back at college, but it might also give me a good mind relief from textbooks too.

On mobile at work, so limited time to update my hoards, but I recently drastically downsized all my hoards! Got rid of like 30+ hoards - some complete ones, too. Feels good, oddly, as now I can focus on the ones I like most.

What are your guys’ thoughts on downsizing COMPLETED hoards?

{ah that new thread smell!}
{I've done this as well, it's nice to clear out some groups. Sometimes hoards just don't spark interest anymore so I put them up to trade for people who will enjoy them. And I get to focus on hoards I'm more into right now, too c: hmm, makes me want to check my hoards for any downsizing. I've been trying to compile my hoard groups bc I'm just kind of overwhelmed by having a ton of groups to page through so parting with some helps that too. I don't know how Lufi does it 😂😂}
{The challenge sounds cool! I don't really hoard things until I see the grown outcomes but perhaps something will strike my fancy right away :0c of course if there's rats next month...}
{@ Aaron ooo look at all those !! Those horses are an especially nice hoard to look at 👌 and the totally not DS hoard? chef kiss}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noctyrn » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:58 am

Yay new thread!

I just recently started a ton of small new hoards. I really like how some people have one group where theres a hoard of 20 pets on every page, so I started one (actually 2!)

yearbook & motley mischief

the first one is for any random pet, and the second is for rats! i collect rats so I had a ton of duplicates so whenever I see an extra rat in the pound that looks cute I grab it! i also have a "holding" group where I store my pets until I get enough of them to put in the group

Zoethian wrote:What are your guys’ thoughts on downsizing COMPLETED hoards?

I actually downsized a few completed hoards recently that I've had since 2011! Some of them I downsized to 20 and put them in my "yearbook" group and some I just got rid of completely. it was really bittersweet, I loved them at the time but the pets don't really speak to me anymore. Plus it gives you fodder for more hoard trading!
previously Blue.Leopard and Heracross
Noctyrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aziraphale » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:23 am

Nice, a new thread!

After a long hiatus I've slowly started to become active again and I finally managed to get the last two dogs for my rare caramel husky hoard! Here they are!

I also made huge progress with this hoard:

756/1000

I need around 166 of each outcome and I only have reached that goal with the orange cat so far. :lol:

Then there are these guys:

So far I got 159 of 1000 and even though they are common it's surprisingly hard to find them.

Aziraphale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:52 am

Ahh I want to do the challenge in September, I'll definitely join!

I'm trying to find a good pet (or litter) that represents the group Seventeen? From any year and anything rare or below. I'm undecided if I want it to be really easy or a more difficult one to get. I'm just having a hard time settling on a pet!

I like all species and linearts, preferring to use a bunny, deer, pps kitten, pps deer, horse, or pps foal. I definitely want it to have the groups colors which are rose quartz and serenity. Pastels or happy colors that give off the vibe, definitely with pink included. I know there are probably so many monthly pets I'm not thinking of. Pets with a shine or diamond give an extra edge because the fandom name is Carat and they have a song named Shining Diamond.

Some that I've been considering;
      this one or its whole litter
      this happy fella
      this one would be harder but it's pretty fitting

Anyone have a pet or litter that comes to mind?
      Or think I should pick one above?
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Osskiar » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:30 am

I couldn't get into hoarding for ages until I took a break and came back, now I have a couple I'm quetly chipping away at on the side. I never really have set numbers for anything, I just grab them when I see them around :')

Starting with my smallest hoard. I'm not really activly looking for these guys since rare bunnies are usually hard to trade for but it looks the closest to my irl rabbit Corey so I had to get a few

I never see any love for this guy but I'm a wrestling and history nerd so I'm biased. I've always loved the late 1800s/early 1900s strongman aesthetic

ImageImageImage
Traditional style tattoos are my favourite. I'm planning to get my first later this year, something similar to the flowers on this litter

ImageImageImage
My easiest hoard to get. I really like the pony lineart and these guys are really cute

I'm Welsh so it's only fitting to have a Mari Lwyd hoard. I think she might be the hardest one to find, I never see her for trade and most of the ones I have are from when the winter event was still going.

I have a couple potential hoards including Image and Image but idk. Maybe I'll do that september challenge for one of them
ImageImage
She/Her . Adult . Wales . CSTime +1
Osskiar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salika » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:56 am

Osskiar wrote:I couldn't get into hoarding for ages until I took a break and came back, now I have a couple I'm quetly chipping away at on the side. I never really have set numbers for anything, I just grab them when I see them around :')

Starting with my smallest hoard. I'm not really activly looking for these guys since rare bunnies are usually hard to trade for but it looks the closest to my irl rabbit Corey so I had to get a few

I never see any love for this guy but I'm a wrestling and history nerd so I'm biased. I've always loved the late 1800s/early 1900s strongman aesthetic

ImageImageImage
Traditional style tattoos are my favourite. I'm planning to get my first later this year, something similar to the flowers on this litter

ImageImageImage
My easiest hoard to get. I really like the pony lineart and these guys are really cute

I'm Welsh so it's only fitting to have a Mari Lwyd hoard. I think she might be the hardest one to find, I never see her for trade and most of the ones I have are from when the winter event was still going.

I have a couple potential hoards including Image and Image but idk. Maybe I'll do that september challenge for one of them

I really love your choices for hoards, especially because some relate to yourself and your life personally. I always chose hoards based on pets that I especially liked and that "spoke to me", but I kinda never found anything that relates to me and my real life personally.
I think the closest thing to that would be my Froggie hoard, because I want to get a Frog in the future and they are 100% my favourite animal. You definitley chose some really awesome pets ^^
I wish you lots of luck with your hoards, this inspires me to start a hoard in the future with more personal relation!

by LeFreaks||Avatar by Remulle
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
𝒩𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝓃𝑒... 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Art Thread||Art Shop
Salika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups