GH Litter & Salmon Festival Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter & Salmon Festival Discussion Thread

Postby Shinryu » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:56 pm

[desperately attempts to suppress a tired yawn] How's it 4am again, oops.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on Mitch! It really means a lot to me, as I was very nervous about him growing up^^
    Here's also a shoutout to everyone who participated in the guessing games, you all made this a lot of fun for me!

Lil' Mitch is indeed inspired by a Major Mitchell's Cockatoo.
    I say inspired, because in the real bird, the crest is the only part of their plumage to sport the vibrant red and peach colours that I liked so much about the palette.
    I originally intended to make a Salmon-crested cockatoo, y'know, just for the joke. But when we settled on our palette, I decided to go with this one instead.

I know that this outcome is definitely not going to live up to everybody's expectations.
    I'll confess: I oftentimes find myself disliking the heavily edited staff litter outcomes. I appreciate nicely executed edits, but more often than not the extreme edits aren't my cup of tea.
    I did not add wings to this cat for the simple reason that I don't care for wing edits. There are a few pets on this site (bar actual birds/dragons) where I do like 'em: pets like last Christmas' dove dogs, Chia's 2013 staff dog, or the 2011 gryffin store dogs.
    But yeah, I'm just personally kind of tired of wing edits and did not want them on my cat.

Mitch is not supposed to be a bird, he's really just a feathered cat^^
    I did try to add feathers or fluffy edits to the tail. I had several sketches with completely edited tails. They all looked way too crowded to me, I didn't enjoy them. So I settled for colouring the tail a bit, and it immediately made me happier.
    (Seriously, at one point I ended up loudly cursing at the tail, it just wouldn't look nice to me.)

I'm really happy that so many of you do enjoy the final design, and I'm sorry for those who I'll inevitably let down. There are lots of cute birdy pets out there, though <3

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:00 pm

I love tonight's outcome ZEL did an amazing job <3

Regarding the drastic change from kitten to adult with my outcome:

I have to be honest, I made the adult first. Then I was really struggling with what to make for kitten stage so I just kind of scribbled and wrote aliens as a joke and sent it to the other GHs. They all seemed to think it was cute so I went with it lol. It wasn't really my intention to use it for real. I actually thought you all might hate it and not find it silly or cute haha. I wouldn't really want what could possibly be my only CS pet be something that took me 5 seconds to make haha.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the adult. I can see how you could argue there is a lot going on but that's kind of what I was going for. Comes down to preference I guess ^.^

I was never going for a "UFO" theme. I was more just trying to make a cool alien creature thing and Elliot's story kind of evolved later on.

I can't quote all the sweet messages but thanks again for all the sweet things you guys have said about my cat. I've been a bit down recently so reading them has really warmed my heart <3
Last edited by Simon on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DandelionEye » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:02 pm

I really like today's cat. It kept the great color balance it had in the second stage and added the fun of feathers.
Prints, drawings, and paper dolls: http://rockafellow.deviantart.com/gallery/

DandelionEye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KHR0ME » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:07 pm

I'm gonna guess one of these three are Lucky's

ImageImageImage

(at the time of me posting this i do not know if any of these have even been claimed yet so bear with me here)

I'm going by Lucky's hints of
-Multiple colors
-"my kitty is not what it seems"

While speaking to Yato., she came up with this: "auroria = aurora = dawn = waking up"
Could this have something to do with the horned kitty?

I'm not sure, but I do honestly believe it has to be one of those three.
unless theres something im missing here help me
KHR0ME

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MyLieInApril » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:15 pm

FairyxTail wrote:
FairyxTail wrote:Too bad the Kitten that grew up on the 17th was blaines because that is Sirius Black's Death day and the day the 2nd wizarding war officiaclly began.. Although I have a suspision that Lucky's Kitten will grow up on June 26 because thats the day Harry potter was released or maybe on the 30th since that is dumbledores death day... It would be funny if hers grew up July 31 because Harry's and JK Rowlings Bday as well as an important day in the series

I doubt this helped at all haahha

EDIT: Or it could grow up on June 23 as that is the Birthday of Dudley!
HERS COULD BE THE KITTEN THAT GREW UP ON JUNE 5 CUZ DRACOS BDAY
or the one that grew up on the 4th Harry, Ron and Hermione prevent Quirell from getting the philosopher's stone
Also hers could grow up on the 24th because thats the day of the 3rd triwiazrd task and death of Cedric Digory

The day 5 kitten really aligns with Lucky's other hints like using multiple colors, and looks being decieving because well the butterfly may be evil because it grew up on DRACO MALFOYS BIRTHDAY

Im gonna go with my theory just because she said "now that you know dates matter" so i think its the butterfly
-
--
╔═══════════════════════╗
Everyone please join Sinbreaker's Toxic Giveaway!
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3267882
╚═══════════════════════╝
╔═══════════════════════╗
I love Anime, twenty one pilots,
Panic! At the disco, And yes... I know this
is basic but I like starbucks.

╚═══════════════════════╝

©
MyLieInApril

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catterpilers4you » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:19 pm

JabberWacky wrote:
I'm gonna guess one of these three are Lucky's

ImageImageImage

(at the time of me posting this i do not know if any of these have even been claimed yet so bear with me here)

I'm going by Lucky's hints of
-Multiple colors
-"my kitty is not what it seems"

While speaking to Yato., she came up with this: "auroria = aurora = dawn = waking up"
Could this have something to do with the horned kitty?

I'm not sure, but I do honestly believe it has to be one of those three.
unless theres something im missing here help me

definitively think your right, with the closed eyes and everything
Catterpilers4you

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby critic-burnt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:20 pm

I really hate to say this but I'm just not a fan of the cockatoo cat or the alien cat grown up stages. I really loved both of their younger stages and I'm a little disappointed about how much they've changed (and how little they've changed.) The alien cat basically became a whole new cat and, without seeing the younger stage, I probably would've loved it. It's very cute looking but it's just a huge transformation from the adorable UFO cat from before. The cockatoo on the other hand changed too little (in my opinion), I wish that it grew from a few feathers to wings or maybe became covered in feathers. On the other hand, I think both cats are very well drawn and both GHs did nice jobs. I was just so in love with the younger versions that the grown ups aren't as appealing to me. I almost wish there was a PPS of each, or even a PPS of the original blanket cat.
critic-burnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catmother456 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Personally I'm loving all the grown up stages, as well as the PPS ones, so much that I'm having trouble deciding which is my favorite, so I guess they all are. I'm so looking forward for the rest to grow to their adult stages :D

It’s a GH Litter Conga Line!

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My C$ Store

Celozon made the little kitties
Wobbuffet decorated my avatar
I just love the conga line too much to get rid of it so it’s staying for now
catmother456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:28 pm

For everyone who is thinking about dates, keep in mind that CS runs in another zone thus dates are important. Some of your guesses are close, but you aren't close enough for me to confirm yet.

@ZEL I love you little bird kitty <3
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Wolven Girl wrote:Your cat is one of my faves from the litter. Does (s)he have a name?

Thank you so much <3 Nope, mine does not have a name. Just like with my staff dogs, I don't like naming the pets I make. I rarely base if off of anything specific, and it makes me much happier to see what other people name it and the stories they come up with for it.

acatalepsy wrote:Ooh I remember people guessing that it was going to have a fluffed tail because your first staff dog did XD I guess they were partially right
I love the design of this, honestly. It's always lovely to have some outcomes without any line-art edits, and I think you did a really good job with that :')

I really considered giving it a fluffy tail. I was under a bit of a time strain though (similar reasons to why I moved from being a mod back to a GH), so I made the design and never went back to add in the tail after I thought about it. It would have been neat, but I'm also not sure how well it would have looked on these lines. The dog lines I could 'cheat' and use the 3-tailed lines and shading to make the edits look nicer than I could draw them. :') Also, thank you for all the kind words. They mean a lot <3
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me