The "Is This a Fair Trade?" Thread READ PAGE 879

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The "Is This a Fair Trade?" Thread

Postby fka twigs » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:59 pm

" rotten to the core . "
    adult - enfp - 2w1 - ©
    i am very inactive but
    open to trades or PMs
fka twigs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saddened » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:08 pm

valerie wrote:

Yes its,fair they both came from 2009 and the both go by the three month rule(I think) which makes it fair
And it looks fair by demand and months january-February 2009
Last edited by Saddened on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I joined flight rising on 11/13/16
Saddened

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:11 pm

I understand that some people who recently started helping here might be applying for staff positions but PLEASE NOTE;

- Double Posting is NOT allowed.
    - Make sure you give SOLID advice.
    - Rarity knowledge is NOT required when applying for a staff position.

Further more, please read Atwood's reply on what counts in your application:

Atwood wrote:First the staff goes through all the applications individually and we each make our own lists of which ones stood out to us (either through the application itself or having already noted the person to be a good potential staff member). From there, we winnow down our own lists based on the applications and the person's posts, history and general character around the forum. Once we've got our individual lists, we nominate our top picks to the rest of the staff, check out the applications of the people other staff members have suggested and give our support to the ones we feel would be the strongest additions to the team with our reasons behind those choices. Tess then goes over that thread and considers our nominees as well as any others she personally selected, comes up with her final list and contacts those people to offer them the job. ^^

So far as posts go, recent posts (e.g. over the past 6 months or so) tend to have a strong influence on someone's chances, as that shows how they've been acting recently. For example, if the majority of their posting recently has been on threads for other sites or saying they plan to quit, that would be a red flag, whereas if their posts show they've been consistently active, helpful, kind and knowledgeable around the forum in the months before applications opened, that would go strongly in their favour. :3 Older posts are generally only glanced over if they're looked at at all, unless there's a specific incident or situation being reviewed - for example, if someone had a popular art shop or adoptables a couple years back, we would probably look at some of their posts there to see how they dealt with problems that came up and whether they could stay calm under pressure. Of course, people can change a lot over time, so it's not a big factor, but it can give a general idea of their personality and whether there are things we should check their newer posts more closely for (e.g. if they were frustrated by being asked the same questions over and over, we might check more recent posts for that specific situation and how they respond to it now).

Since so many people have asked about it, it's worth noting that it's very rare for anyone who has had a warning to be nominated as a mod of any sort unless the warning was minor and a long time ago (e.g. over a year old). With so many great applicants to choose from, many of which have never had a warning or their warnings are very minor/long since expired, having a recent or serious warning is difficult to overcome. In terms of seriousness, warnings for bullying, scamming, cheating/hacking or deliberate art theft (e.g. they tried to pass off another person's art as theirs) are probably the biggest no-go ones. To quote the application page (emphasis mine):
    Tess wrote:•We want members who have never been in trouble on CS for serious misbehavior like bullying, scamming, cheating, or posting inappropriate material.

Posting this because this thread shot up like 50 pages in one day. If you only got active here (or in other parts of the forums) because of the applications, please do not give out wrong rarity advice. I understand you are wanting to help and show staff you are capable but try to keep in mind that your advice here can make or break a trade for another user! if you don't know, don't reply!

Thanks!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The "Is This a Fair Trade?" Thread READ PAGE 879

Postby KHR0ME » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:46 pm

I honestly think that all these trades are unfair to the top in terms of rarity.
Though I could be wrong on that Malk Fish trade.
KHR0ME

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 pm

JabberWacky wrote:

I honestly think that all these trades are unfair to the top in terms of rarity.
Though I could be wrong on that Malk Fish trade.

I've seen all those store pets go for more then what they are offering. While technically unfair, i'd advice you to keep the store pets. Put them in a locked group, keep them for a while. You'll get a better offerr!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana. » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Hello, I am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banana.

Trading Thread
UFA
Banana.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby topazius. » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:39 pm

spam?
Last edited by topazius. on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
topazius.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana. » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Queen Terra wrote:no