Item Quick Guide - is it possible?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Item Quick Guide - is it possible?

Postby Loelya » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:44 am

I'm posting this here as a discussion topic instead of a suggestion topic because I think it's likely that something like this would fall under user initiative and not necessarily as part of site function.

anyways I was trying to see if I could find ways to make searching faster & easier within the item archives. I noticed that since items don't have individual IDs like pets do, they do have IDs associated with their image. like so:

the very first item in the item archive:

this item's img URL is:
https://static.chickensmoothie.com/item/9&p=492.jpg

the 10th item in the item archive is this (still in christmas 2008):

this item's img URL is:
https://static.chickensmoothie.com/item/19&p=528.jpg

since these items are 10 releases apart, and their numbers correspond with 9-19 (ten numbers apart, even though not 1-10), would it be possible for us to create a quick look guide for how to find what year your item is from? if you opened an image's URL and looked for the number designation after "item/" - could we create a page or guide that lets you know, "oh, items within the range of IDs 125 and 720 are all in year 2009."

or does anyone know if maybe not all items follow this numerical designation? whether that's specific releases or maybe just an irregular numbering system. any clues on this out there?
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Item Quick Guide - is it possible?

Postby BlueEyedKite » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:48 am

I feel like user, tony stark, would know that ._. I have no clue but I would be glad to add to the guide if one were made and you just need item urls or something
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:16 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:I feel like user, tony stark, would know that ._. I have no clue but I would be glad to add to the guide if one were made and you just need item urls or something

hmm okay! :0 maybe I can reach out to them and see if they would have any input. I'll keep you in the loop if I find anything out. ^^

if anyone else drops by and has any idea about this, please feel free to mention so here on the thread :0c I might start trying to dig into it myself, and may post updates here on what I find out.
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:47 am

It wouldn't be hard to do, anyone could do it, but it would be tedious. A spreadsheet would work with three columns: ID number, release date, and an image to go with it.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:09 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:It wouldn't be hard to do, anyone could do it, but it would be tedious. A spreadsheet would work with three columns: ID number, release date, and an image to go with it.

I'm not actually thinking of making something that IDs every single item, but rather something that gives a range of IDs per year, so that theoretically a player could glance at a list and determine what year their item is from as a way to narrow down their search quickly. :0 but I've been going through the item archive and unfortunately it appears as though items are not necessarily numbered exactly by release date. Im trying to figure out if there's any discernible pattern to where it does deviate but it is taking some time
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:20 am

this might work in a general sense. i found you dont need the '&p=xxx' for the url to work as long as you keep the .jpg extension, which means you can jump around IDs to see if they're in the same order as the archive. we know items don't release in the same order as their IDs (see: this halloween's sci-fi planet items; they came out after many of the halloween items but have lower IDs and appear earlier in your items). and it worked for a bit. until i tried it with the monthly birthstone items and when i seemingly found a series of custom items by accident (the item before this is a regular item and the moose items continue for quite a bit).

you would have to manually go through every item and make a note of its ID, month, etc. which is a lot of work. you could probably make general groups and a ctrl+f list. but tbh i think you might end up wasting your time when the cs pound bot does the same thing. unless it was a very detailed list of every id you might not be able to group them so easily with custom items and missing IDs. these shirts are not grouped by ID; increasing or decreasing the number gives you entirely different shirt sets. all 3 sets are from august so there might be some hope as long as you stick to very general groups (eg. months or years as you mentioned). i can't see special IDs being reserved and items aren't made years in advance, so it might work. even if months don't work you could probably do years, or quarters/etc of a year since that's slightly less specific than on a monthly basis.
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:27 am

oh heck I had thought the cs pound bot had been retired 😮 is it still active? the installation of it in one of the servers I’m in was defunct when I tried to use it

that custom item set you found is super cool too omg. and quarters of years sounds like it could work as an approach to this
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby All Hallows Eve » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:58 pm

I tried to do this, numbering items from 9 to 12675, and using someone's VBA code to pull the images.
With over 14,000 items, this would take too long to open every time.

I have a spreadsheet with every item name by year. It would be nice to able to click or hover over that name, and have the image pop up!
Maybe a VLOOKUP along with a VBA would work.

Someone will figure it out when they have time.
Item Spreadsheet in Google Sheets through 2022: 2008-2022
I have a spreadsheet identifying 118 different 2021 UR Pumpkins (no re-release).
🎊 You've collected at least 12000 different pets! 🎉
All Hallows Eve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me