Returning to CS has shown how the bad the trade system is.

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Returning to CS has shown how the bad the trade system i

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:35 am

Solloby wrote:-snip-

Hey thanks for the answer! I actually didn't think about that perspective.

In my mind I think to myself, ah they must have a 2 page wishlist because they only care about the good good pets, when actually it may just be a user that has just about every pet ^^; I'll admit sometimes I forget those users exist haha.

For what it's worth, I would never offer a trash trade or beg for pets. My trades are usually 1:1 swaps of wishlist pets on both sides, same rarity, same year. Heck I try and make it a litter swap if possible. So in the case of the 2012 rare I would have offered a 2012 rare of the same species. But then again I think I am looking for a unicorn trade partner.

The thing is, if I find an oldie, they are not in my same boat. I may be from 2009 but I didn't succeed in getting all the pets from 2009, 2010, 2011 etc. I have some missing pets. Most oldies I run into don't have old pets for trade because they are in their permanent collection, or they want FR gems/c$ only, and if they have those old pets for trade they are not missing a pet from the same year, same rarity, like I am. They have the entire litter and some to spare in their trade group.

Maybe someone thinks oh I have the old pets so trading must be easy for me, not really :c
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoroark » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:44 am

Yaeli wrote:-snip-

store pets were never meant to count towards someone’s complete pet collection. it’s been stated that they are a bonus; re-releasing them would not only be betraying that fact but also basically spitting in the face of everyone that’s bought stores before. just because a person wants a complete store collection, or it’s their “dreamie”, doesn’t mean that they get a free, easy pass to them.

i do agree that there could, or should, be more re-release boxes. probably not to the extent of dec. 18 pets, but maybe an older uncommon- very rare box? :P honestly the talk of there being harder to get pets from monthly releases is also a good jumpstart to helping newer users get better pets.

anyways, it’s very interesting to read this thread. when i was first playing (back in like 09) i could not for the life of me ever get a fair trade. i was not having fun, people kept scalping me. i was even swindled out of a zebra i got from a random horse adoption. the rares list was complicated.

horrors list really helped me when i returned. it made this site seem more fun now that i had a better guide to trade with.

little bear boy ☀️
FR & PFQ trades
zoroark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:52 am

Is it a new thing that when I offer gifts the person leaves them to rot? Maybe it has always happened and I just didn't run into this until now. I tried to pick something on their wishlist and they let it sit for about 4 days.
I feel awful cancelling trades I intend as a gift, so I guess donating it to the pound ended up the next solution.

On the topic of store pets I wouldn't mind a rerelease, maybe it could be sold in the store as a random grab bag of 3 rereleased store pets.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:26 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:Is it a new thing that when I offer gifts the person leaves them to rot? Maybe it has always happened and I just didn't run into this until now. I tried to pick something on their wishlist and they let it sit for about 4 days.
I feel awful cancelling trades I intend as a gift, so I guess donating it to the pound ended up the next solution.

On the topic of store pets I wouldn't mind a rerelease, maybe it could be sold in the store as a random grab bag of 3 rereleased store pets.

What I do is I cancel the gift after a week of not accepting and say, "I'm clearing out trades, but please PM for another gift since I still want to gift you". My pets can move fast, so the new gift will be different stuff of the same value. Sometimes they PM, sometimes not. If they don't really care, they won't bother, and if they wanted a gift usually they accept right after they PM me. Hope this helps you think of something.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:47 am

Yaeli wrote:
ButterflyChaser wrote:Is it a new thing that when I offer gifts the person leaves them to rot? Maybe it has always happened and I just didn't run into this until now. I tried to pick something on their wishlist and they let it sit for about 4 days.

What I do is I cancel the gift after a week of not accepting and say, "I'm clearing out trades, but please PM for another gift since I still want to gift you". My pets can move fast, so the new gift will be different stuff of the same value. Sometimes they PM, sometimes not. If they don't really care, they won't bother, and if they wanted a gift usually they accept right after they PM me. Hope this helps you think of something.

I do have plenty more of the pet I tried to gift them, so if they do come back stating something like they weren't active on the site and missed my trade and message, I'll send them another. It could be they just don't like to be gifted pets. I find it hard to understand personally, but I'll respect that of them if made aware.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dαєnєrчѕ tαrgαrчєn » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:14 am

Can someone tell me why people are pricing their store pets and monthly/event rares from 2017 on so much? I was on hiatus for awhile until covid hit, so I'm mostly caught up except for rares and store pets from the years I missed, but now I'm finding it difficult to trade for the pets I'm missing. I'd like to have a complete collection one day, but with how hard it's been and the increased prices for every pet, I can't even make a dent in my wishlist.

I'm not sure if something changed in the last few years. I don't know if it's just increased demand or inflation or if it's because the economy is not doing so well, but I just feel like it is getting more complicated with how everyone trades. Any answers or advice is welcome!

║σur fαthєrѕ wєrє єvíl mєn. thєч lєft thє wσrld wσrѕє thαn thєч fσund ít. wє αrє nσt gσíng tσ dσ thαt. wє αrє gσíng tσ lєαvє ít вєttєr thαn wє fσund ít.

- dαєnєrчѕ tαrgαrчєn -
dαєnєrчѕ tαrgαrчєn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby httpsmads » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:20 pm

I agree, as a returning player from 2015, I'm noticing how it is SO HARD to catch up and trade especially when I'm not really understanding all of the trading economy. Right now I'm seeing people say they are offering TONS of rare pets for pets that don't even have a rarity yet (i.e. this year's Halloween event Cocoon banner pet.I even saw someone offer a VR pet in an auction for it.) Even with advice from seasoned players, everything is still so complicated.

I have free pets here! Take one per day pls!
vvv
Click here to adopt!

I'm always looking for orange tabby cats with green eyes to collect. My orange baby Apollo has recently passed away and I want to make a collection of CS's orange tabbies in his memory. Please send me a dm if you'd like to set up a trade.
httpsmads

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me