*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide UPDATES 12/23/18

Postby Banana. » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:05 am

I have two questions

So I’m awful at knowing my list values. Rarity wise, could I use chicken dollar value of the pets in a trade to figure out if it’s fair?

Like say someone was trading for a list of mine and they sent a quantity of lists. If I added up their chicken dollar value and it was the same as my lists value, would it work? Because I thought it would and I was going advice on the FTT and maybe my math was wrong, but somwone replied before me and I was extremely off (of course assuming they were right also) by how much the other side was underpaying.

Second question

Could anything ever get bumped off the list? (This doesn’t really have to do with anything I’m just curious lol)
Hello, I am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banana.

Trading Thread
UFA
Banana.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opalineteardrops » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:09 am

Banana. wrote:I have two questions

So I’m awful at knowing my list values. Rarity wise, could I use chicken dollar value of the pets in a trade to figure out if it’s fair?

Like say someone was trading for a list of mine and they sent a quantity of lists. If I added up their chicken dollar value and it was the same as my lists value, would it work? Because I thought it would and I was going advice on the FTT and maybe my math was wrong, but somwone replied before me and I was extremely off (of course assuming they were right also) by how much the other side was underpaying.

Second question

Could anything ever get bumped off the list? (This doesn’t really have to do with anything I’m just curious lol)

No, you cant - this is stated on the c$ thread - when trading pets for c$, you need to trade for them individually - you cant add their values for the c$ cost because the c$ cost doesnt always equality the Rare's List value.

Example: Sunjewel costs 2000C$
09 rare cost 40
But
50 '09 rares /=/ Sunjewel

And theoretically I'd imagine yes, but there has been VR list pets turned R in the past and havent been bumped off, so I think it's extremely unlikely to happen (I remember happened once - a pet going from VR to R? My memory's a bit spotty though - can someone back me up?)
opalineteardrops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana. » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 am

opalineteardrops wrote:

Second question

No, you cant - this is stated on the c$ thread - when trading pets for c$, you need to trade for them individually - you cant add their values for the c$ cost because the c$ cost doesnt always equality the Rare's List value.

Example: Sunjewel costs 2000C$
09 rare cost 40
But
50 '09 rares /=/ Sunjewel

And theoretically I'd imagine yes, but there has been VR list pets turned R in the past and havent been bumped off, so I think it's extremely unlikely to happen (I remember happened once - a pet going from VR to R? My memory's a bit spotty though - can someone back me up?)

Okay thank you so much (:
Hello, I am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banana.

Trading Thread
UFA
Banana.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am

Second question

1)

So you bring up a very good question that many of us, including active traders and older users, have been questioning and trying to wrap out heads around.

The short answer: With the way pets are currently valued in C$, no, you can't add up pets like that to figure out if the trade is fair.

The long answer: Because the values on the List grow exponentially, C$ values for pets are a smaller and smaller percentage of their "full" C$ value (what you'd get when doing math using their value in some kind of base unit like 09 rares or mid advents) so that people can realistically afford the pets. Otherwise we'd have the Sunjewel at like several thousand C$ or something.

Something like that.

(This might be tapping into a bigger issue: WHAT is going on with the pet values on this List?? Why are they growing exponentially????? Sure, maybe CS grew exponentially in its first months, but it's still a little scary. Hopefully when we get the numbers from the Rarity List we can have something that's more linear than exponential. Although if it really is exponential.........)

2) Technically yes, a pet can get bumped off the List. This happened to the VR Tess St. Patrick's Day 2011 dragon, which was originally on the List because:
1. it was believed that it was almost rare enough to get onto the List by its rarity alone,
2. there was at least one major hoarder reducing the supply of those dragons when it was placed,
3. the hoarder(s) later decided to disband the hoard, thus making the dragon's supply "normal" instead of low enough to bump the dragon onto the List.

Aside from pets that were badly misplaced in the first place and maybe an accident with rerelease %s (the latter will probably never happen), anything that's on the Main and September Lists are rare enough to be on the List from rarity alone, so even if they have absolutely atrocious demand or if no one is keeping them, then they will never ever be kicked off the List. This also applies to most of the pets on the Advent List, but there are a few Advent List pets that can't be on the List by rarity alone and are only on the List because of incredibly high demand or incredibly low supply or some other factor (think of it as their rarity placing them below the List and then big demand pushing them up the List from there, for example).
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana. » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 am

That was a pretty large post so I’m not going to quote it,
But thank you so much!!! That was really helpful (:
Hello, I am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Banana.

Trading Thread
UFA
Banana.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Obsidian wrote:
quick question; does this mean we will have to redo the malk and the unicorn? Just curious if they will be back into this OMGSR segment we are doing

I believe we are planning on redoing both of them?

I think we are also doing those that fluctuate between OMGSR and VR too like the Bengal.

I agree with working on the UR Foal poll. Then we can go talk about removing the name big gap and alphabetizing.

I think having it all the way up to Sunjewel is fine. For the wording of the I don’t know option, the post that should be linked to it should state every reason from being I just want to vote to I don’t care to I don’t understand. We we create the overall post, we should make sure that it is understandable to those that do not understand the list.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:48 pm

I still think the easiest option for the "idk" if we really want it to be a not included vote is "I just wanted to vote". Then no explanation needed.

If so, all we need now is a master post of the tiers and date and rarity changes that's in depth like was suggested and then for the foal itself and we can get the poll up and running?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Let me know if I missed anything!

current omg so rare
current Very Rare

UR Foal release December 18th 2015
omg so rare January 2016
No noted change since

Poll Options:

Option 4 wrote:Plains Zebra & Grevy's Zebra [omg so rare after overhaul]

Option 10 wrote:I just want to vote
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Looks good moz! But id remove all the things before the 2012 overhaul because those changes arent correct anymore with the current rarity system right? So it seems like unneeded info
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 am

Looks really awesome Mozzy thank you so much.

Yeah I’d agree, the rarity before the overhaul might also confuse people if it doesn’t apply to now. =)
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups