Trade Rant Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Trade Rant Thread

Postby Dawulf » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 pm

KariCross wrote:The person who sent me the trade I mentioned wrote in it, Please give me them so I can be HAPPY

Whoever said you cant trade Happiness? :lol:
Image Image
Dawulf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JadeiteWren » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

KariCross wrote:The person who sent me the trade I mentioned wrote in it, Please give me them so I can be HAPPY

Rofl XD
Cause virtual pets are a must for happiness!
|| I used to be xX-Callisto-Xx, Jaded Avaritia, and Jaedeite. ||
JadeiteWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flintfang » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:19 pm

doesn't it bother you when someone sends a trade for one pet, but asks about another that ISN'T in your trade group? It's locked for a REASON. ugh. ._.
Flintfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowFinch » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Flintfang wrote:doesn't it bother you when someone sends a trade for one pet, but asks about another that ISN'T in your trade group? It's locked for a REASON. ugh. ._.

Yes that annoys me so much!!
RainbowFinch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:54 am

Not sure; what annoyied me today was the fact I got on and there was an account obviously just with numbers that may be a dup account; that was asking for my adoptions. Makes me wonder who they are and if they've adopted from me before. How do I get that feeling? They have no pets at all on their account and I'm sure if I we're to look into it further they we're just created, but who knows.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:01 am

I've finally been driven to taking my Rave bunny out of my Trades group - pretty much every annoying offer of twenty common dogs I've already got a ton of are on that bunny, and I keep coming on to find my inbox stuffed with new trades for it, none of which are worth the time it takes to look at them. >.< This in spite of the fact that my trade rules say that I don't take b-wolves, 2nd Gens or extremely common dogs for anything in my Special Trades group.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Dante's Ashes~ » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:28 am

Well, finally got my first massive trade... of course they offered nothing. I'm calling it "humungo trade".

Here is a quick overview.
For those that want a somewhat closer look, follow these links, but flickr seems to skew things. Not the best cut and past either, but after about the 4th screenie of only 15, i was over it.
First part.
Second part.
Last part.

This was the message they included with it.
"I have read your trading 'rules' and understand your terms. However, I don't understand how someone with so many duplicates can be unwilling to share older pets with individuals who don't have much to trade.
Therefore, despite your statement, I am sending this request. I figure the worse you can do is cancel the trade, at which point, I'll know not to bother you again.
Thanks for your time."

And this was mine.
"Okay, i'm not an adoption center, there are enough people giving away free pets in the adoption forum. all the pets i have i've either adopted myself or spent the time and traded to get (that includes quite a few older ones in my trades). i definitely didn't go around begging for pets because i was new. you want pets to trade, you want good pets, you do the work to get them, don't expect people to go giving you things on a silver plater. i have given away free pets, but not to people that ask. I mean seriously, i have the rules there for a reason. I only need a few older pets to complete my collection and those alone are most likely worth every single pet i own. if i wanted to give away free pets, i'd have an adoption center. but considering i can't stand newbies begging and taking things for granted, i don't.
So, if you want pets to trade, wait until you have things to trade like i did, save and trade for better pets like i did. It's all patience. kids these days expect things for free, it doesn't work that way. you work for your pets and don't beg for them. You aren't going to make many friends doing this. and i dread to think how many you have done it to.

Anyway.. good luck with that. ;)"

Aaaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhh Does a newbie think i'm going to hand over half my trade collection just because they're new? I never got hand outs when I was new, I wouldn't have even dared ask! They read my rules yet ignored them. But hey, it gave me a chuckle and I'm sure those of you that have been here a year or more like i have will find it amusing too. Especially after all thy time they would have put into it. ~laughs~

edited because it's 4am and I'm half asleep but just had to post it. In case i wake up and it was a dream...? And let's see everything go suddenly quiet in the thread, just like most other threads I've posted in. ^^
~Dante's Ashes~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nico » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:21 am

Trades like that initially just make me laugh, rivenwolfe.

How dare I have more than one of something?! And old stuff, too?! And since it's their dreampet, apparently I must forthwith & without any further delay hand it over to them or *gasp* they won't friend me...or something. :roll:

Only afterwards do I begin to feel sorry for them. If folks really are growing up with that level of self-entitlement, life is bound to be a long, hard series of bitter disappointments.

I'm just not sorry enough to go handing over free pets though. ;)
Note to Mods: Posie’s my daughter
You have collected every pet ever released!
"A little nonsense now & then is relished by the wisest men." ~R Dahl~
Nico

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dozy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:29 am

I hate it when people DEMAND free pets with no message. You edit, and they edit it back.

Or, even when they wanna adopt a pet from your adopt group, with No message.

I was in a bad mood, and cancelled an adoption trade, with "No manners, no pet"

PM

Rude n00b wrote:u hv 2 giv mi tha pet! Or I report u 2 teh mods

Me: I don't *have* to give you that pet. I don't like rudness. Try some manners when you wanna adopt from me.

Rude n00b wrote:Plz

Me: I said Please, not plz. LMA

Random abrieviation I made up. Let's see if they guess
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me