CS Rarity List [WIP] - status update on page 75

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Pet Counts for Rarity Ratios - Considering Rereleases

Postby lil rascal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 pm

I went through the rarity changes archives for Lya last year to see which non-lists changed to VR at the same as list pets & can see if I can find the info if you like? Saves someone having waste hours to get the same data

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:22 am

Sorry if it's out of place for me to say this since I haven't been inputting over here, but do you think possibly it would be a good idea to label off-account pets in some way with the data, so that when it's filtered you can determine how many are adopted vs how many are actually tradeable? Or is this a different thing I'm thinking of... sorry if the question is off topic or already been answered... i was just curious ^^;

* and by label I mean to input it with the data as it's being entered, not leave it off the counting altogether. Sorry if that was worded weird!
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:43 am

chunkypeanutbutter wrote:Sorry if it's out of place for me to say this since I haven't been inputting over here, but do you think possibly it would be a good idea to label off-account pets in some way with the data, so that when it's filtered you can determine how many are adopted vs how many are actually tradeable? Or is this a different thing I'm thinking of... sorry if the question is off topic or already been answered... i was just curious ^^;

* and by label I mean to input it with the data as it's being entered, not leave it off the counting altogether. Sorry if that was worded weird!

Offaccount prts dont count for the rarity of onaccount pets, so in my opinion there is no need to count those
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:39 am

SabrinaB wrote:
chunkypeanutbutter wrote:Sorry if it's out of place for me to say this since I haven't been inputting over here, but do you think possibly it would be a good idea to label off-account pets in some way with the data, so that when it's filtered you can determine how many are adopted vs how many are actually tradeable? Or is this a different thing I'm thinking of... sorry if the question is off topic or already been answered... i was just curious ^^;

Offaccount prts dont count for the rarity of onaccount pets, so in my opinion there is no need to count those

I think the difficulty is getting a program to differentiate between off account and on account pets. If it were possible these pets should be left out of the data altogether as they're not tradeable and don't impact the OMGSR/V rare/Rare/etc tags.
x
x
x
x

xxxxxx
Hello!

𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜:
𝙼𝚢 𝙺𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚜
Blue Rose auction

xxxxxx
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 am

@lil rascal that would be good yes thank you!

@ all three people above me

Yeah, that was my concern as well. My first thought is to see if web scraping (looking at the text on a page) can be incorporated into Law's script because there is some text that is guaranteed to be different on an off-account pet's page.

Also no worries; good to see more activity on this thread :D

Edit: lol it just occurred to me that if that CAN be incorporated into the script then we'll have to rerun it on the 2008 pets :lol:
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boodles » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm

nickjr wrote:@lil rascal that would be good yes thank you!

@ all three people above me

Yeah, that was my concern as well. My first thought is to see if web scraping (looking at the text on a page) can be incorporated into Law's script because there is some text that is guaranteed to be different on an off-account pet's page.

Also no worries; good to see more activity on this thread :D

Edit: lol it just occurred to me that if that CAN be incorporated into the script then we'll have to rerun it on the 2008 pets :lol:

Offaccount pets have a text blurb about saving the codes so you can return that on account pets dont.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Currently obsessed with FR and making trades between here and there.
https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/599233

Canadian || She/Her || Adult || University || Vet School
♡ Animals || ♡ Music || ♡ Crime Dramas || ♡ Photography

Dream Pet: UR Tiger Dog
CS Goal: One of Every Pet (Only 40 left!)
Currently Hunting For: Missing Warrior Cats & 2012 UR Cookie

<< P.S. Those are my puppers!
boodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 pm

This is a list of normal non-list pets that changed to VR at the same time as list pets. I have listed when they turned & a couple of the list pets which turned at the same time to hopefully make it easier to cross check with the info you've compiled on the current list pets.

Can't find exactly when these two changed but the first posts I can find talking about them as VRs are from May 2010, the month the Joker, Floppy Pink September, Palomino Tess Horse & Rainbow sparkles cake dog turned VR
Nick Sunback PPS
Nick Blue toxic

Turned VR in July 2010 at the same time as the Halloween cat & Batwing Blood Dog + others
Pink Panda Rat

Turned VR in August 2010 at the same time as the Purple Batdog & Angel Advent + others
Pumpkin Rat

Turned VR in September 2010 at the same time as the zombie pony
Orange Panda Rat

Turned VR in November 2010 at the same time as the Blue Rose & roadkill pony + others
Blue Panda Rat
Brown Hooded Advent Rat
Brown Advent Rat
Black Hooded Advent Rat

Turned VR in December 2010
Tan Hooded Advent Rat

All turned VR in January 2011 at the same time as the Kiss PPS & Snowflake BWolf
Growing Light-Faced October
White Bunny
Light Grey Advent Rat
Tan Striped Advent Rat
Pale Beige Advent Rat
Tan-Bellied White Advent Rat
Raccoon Advent Rat
White-Bellied Tan Advent Rat
Tan Advent Rat

Turned VR in March 2011 at the same time as most of the tier 7 advents + others
Blue Light Stripe October
Orange Heavy Stripe October
Growing Dark-Faced October
Watermelon Dog
Skeleton Rat
Blue Spotted October
Wildebeest Bwolf
Gemsbok Bwolf

Turned VR in April 2011 at the same time as a couple more 7th tiers, the Nick Cake Dog + others
Cheetah Rat

Turned VR in May 2011 at the same time as the Red Rose, Tuffed Blood Dog + others
Fiery Gatoh '09 Bday Cat
Halloween '09 Koi
St. Patty's Day Tess Dragon
Tiger Rat

Turned VR in June 2011 at the same time as the Grey Mini Husky & Dark Wood Dog
Yin Yang Green Swirl Dog

Turned VR in August 2011 at the same time as the Target Dog, Red Fronted Holly + others
Shadow '09 Bday Cat
White St. Patty's '09 Rat
Dark Brown Patchy '08 Rat
Null Bunny
Champagne Ferret Bunny
Grey 2nd Gen Bunny
Teal Malk Wolf Bunny
Bunny Ears Guinea Pig

Turned VR in September 2011 at the same time as the Light Leopard, Peppermint-eared + others
Red Heavy Stripe October
Growing Strawberry Dog

Turned VR in October 2011at the same time at the Pink/White/Purple String Horse
Royal Bobtail
Red Spotted October
Orange Light Stripe October
Strawberry PPS
'10 Easter Candy Dogs
Chocolate Strawberry Bunny
African Wild Dog Bunny
09 Valentine's Light Heart Rat
St. Patrick’s Day Dog
Nick Nonjewel Horse
Light-faced Growing Bunny
09 Valentine's Brown Heart Rat

Turned VR in November 2011 at the same time as the Candy Cane Horse
Pumpkin Butterfly Wolf
Green-nosed Rainbow Spot
Pink April Fools Cat
09 Valentine's White Heart Rat
Cream Gears Bunny
Pink Skull Bunny
Creamsicle Bunny

There are a lot more if you want to include the ones that turned before the Grown Scarf Dogs, since they stayed Rare for a long time (they actually only turned rare in July '10 & as far as turning VR the Blue Snowflake Scarf went VR in April 2013 & the Grown Scarf a month later in May), but since those two were an anomaly I left all those off for now.

All this data is compiled from the rarity changes archive & rarity changes thread so it doesn't include pets that have always been VR such as the '11 St Patricks Dragon, '12 August PPS, '16 robo rat, anyone else remember which other non-list, non-store pets have been VR since release? The '11 St Patricks Dragon is obviously at least as rare as the tier 7 advents since it was VR from release in March '11.

Not sure if you want store pet rarity changes but I guess I may as well add them here as well

Skelebun (VR since rarities started, OMGSR since Feb '17)
Orange Cerberus (Turned VR March '10)
Eat Me, Jeweled Liontail, Non Jewel Liontail (turned VR May '10)
Drink Me (turned VR June '10)
Green Liontail (turned VR July '10)
Brown Sleipnir (Turned VR August '10)
Green/Brown Seal PPS, Red Seal PPS, Green Android (all turned VR Sep '10)
Yellow, Blue & Red Androids, Blue Seal PPS (All turned VR Nov '10)
Red Cerberus (Turned VR Dec '10)
Clockwork bun (VR since release, got rarity Jan '11)
Yellow Punk, Orange Punk, Pink Punk (All turned VR Jan '11)
Arabians & Clydesdale (VR since release in Feb '11 got rarity March '11)
Lolita, Patchwork (Both turned VR March '11)
Marionette Dog (Turned VR April '11)
Basilisks, Seahorses (Basilisks turned VR August '11, Seahorses VR since release in August '11)
Raven (Turned VR October '11)

Interestingly according to rarity changes the Raven is the most common of all the list store pets, and even some of the non-list store pets. I also thought it was interesting that the Green Liontail is the least rare of the Liontails, the Brown Sleipnir is more common than the Liontails, the Seal PPS & Androids are rarer than the Red Cerb and the Lolita is less rare than the other punks. Mind you it could have only be a case of one or two pets difference in the adopted numbers of the pets that changed rarity close to each other, but it's interesting that rarity wise they are much closer to each other than people think.

This is only the store pets that have changed rarity or got their rarities before other list store pets changed rarity, with all the ones that were VR since release, including store pets not listed here, there's unfortunately no way of knowing if they're as rare as list VRs without knowing actual numbers (or getting that new rarity I dream of to split the VRs so we can tell which are at the more common end of VR, being closer to rare, & which the rarer end of VR, being closer to OMGSR). I wouldn't be surprised if some of the set exclusives or less popular sets were up there rarity wise as well.
Last edited by lil rascal on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 pm

lil rascal wrote:This is a list of normal non-list pets that changed to VR at the same time as list pets. I have listed when they turned & a couple of the list pets which turned at the same time to hopefully make it easier to cross check with the info you've compiled on the current list pets.

Turned VR in July 2010 at the same time as the Halloween cat & Batwing Blood Dog + others
Pink Panda Rat

Turned VR in August 2010 at the same time as the Purple Batdog & Angel Advent + others
Pumpkin Rat

Turned VR in September 2010 at the same time as the zombie pony
Orange Panda Rat

Turned VR in November 2010 at the same time as the Blue Rose & roadkill pony + others
Blue Panda Rat
Brown Hooded Advent Rat
Brown Advent Rat
Black Hooded Advent Rat

Turned VR in December 2010
Tan Hooded Advent Rat

All turned VR in January 2011 at the same time as the Kiss PPS & Snowflake BWolf
Growing Light-Faced October
White Bunny
Light Grey Advent Rat
Tan Striped Advent Rat
Pale Beige Advent Rat
Tan-Bellied White Advent Rat
Raccoon Advent Rat
White-Bellied Tan Advent Rat
Tan Advent Rat

Turned VR in March 2011 at the same time as most of the tier 7 advents + others
Blue Light Stripe October
Orange Heavy Stripe October
Growing Dark-Faced October
Watermelon Dog
Skeleton Rat
Blue Spotted October
Wildebeest Bwolf
Gemsbok Bwolf

Turned VR in April 2011 at the same time as a couple more 7th tiers, the Nick Cake Dog + others
Cheetah Rat

Turned VR in May 2011 at the same time as the Red Rose, Tuffed Blood Dog + others
Fiery Gatoh '09 Bday Cat
Halloween '09 Koi
St. Patty's Day Tess Dragon
Tiger Rat

Turned VR in June 2011 at the same time as the Grey Mini Husky & Dark Wood Dog
Yin Yang Green Swirl Dog

Turned VR in August 2011 at the same time as the Target Dog, Red Fronted Holly + others
Shadow '09 Bday Cat
White St. Patty's '09 Rat
Dark Brown Patchy '08 Rat
Null Bunny
Champagne Ferret Bunny
Grey 2nd Gen Bunny
Teal Malk Wolf Bunny
Bunny Ears Guinea Pig

Turned VR in September 2011 at the same time as the Light Leopard, Peppermint-eared + others
Red Heavy Stripe October
Growing Strawberry Dog

Turned VR in October 2011at the same time at the Pink/White/Purple String Horse
Royal Bobtail
Red Spotted October
Orange Light Stripe October
Strawberry PPS
'10 Easter Candy Dogs
Chocolate Strawberry Bunny
African Wild Dog Bunny
09 Valentine's Light Heart Rat
St. Patrick’s Day Dog
Nick Nonjewel Horse
Light-faced Growing Bunny
09 Valentine's Brown Heart Rat

Turned VR in November 2011 at the same time as the Candy Cane Horse
Pumpkin Butterfly Wolf
Green-nosed Rainbow Spot
Pink April Fools Cat
09 Valentine's White Heart Rat
Cream Gears Bunny
Pink Skull Bunny
Creamsicle Bunny

There are a lot more if you want to include the ones that turned before the Grown Scarf Dogs, since they stayed Rare for a long time (they actually only turned rare in July '10 & as far as turning VR the Blue Snowflake Scarf went VR in April 2013 & the Grown Scarf a month later in May), but since those two were an anomaly I left all those off for now.

All this data is compiled from the rarity changes archive & rarity changes thread so it doesn't include pets that have always been VR such as the '11 St Patricks Dragon, '12 August PPS, '16 robo rat, anyone else remember which other non-list, non-store pets have been VR since release? The '11 St Patricks Dragon is obviously at least as rare as the tier 7 advents since it was VR from release in March '11.

Not sure if you want store pet rarity changes but I guess I may as well add them here as well

Skelebun (VR since rarities started, OMGSR since Feb '17)
Orange Cerberus (Turned VR March '10)
Eat Me, Jeweled Liontail, Non Jewel Liontail (turned VR May '10)
Drink Me (turned VR June '10)
Green Liontail (turned VR July '10)
Brown Sleipnir (Turned VR August '10)
Green/Brown Seal PPS, Red Seal PPS, Green Android (all turned VR Sep '10)
Yellow, Blue & Red Androids, Blue Seal PPS (All turned VR Nov '10)
Red Cerberus (Turned VR Dec '10)
Clockwork bun (VR since release, got rarity Jan '11)
Yellow Punk, Orange Punk, Pink Punk (All turned VR Jan '11)
Arabians & Clydesdale (VR since release in Feb '11 got rarity March '11)
Lolita, Patchwork (Both turned VR March '11)
Marionette Dog (Turned VR April '11)
Basilisks, Seahorses (Basilisks turned VR August '11, Seahorses VR since release in August '11)
Raven (Turned VR October '11)

Interestingly according to rarity changes the Raven is the most common of all the list store pets, and even some of the non-list store pets. I also thought it was interesting that the Green Liontail is the least rare of the Liontails, the Brown Sleipnir is more common than the Liontails, the Seal PPS & Androids are rarer than the Red Cerb and the Lolita is less rare than the other punks. Mind you it could have only be a case of one or two pets difference in the adopted numbers of the pets that changed rarity close to each other, but it's interesting that rarity wise they are much closer to each other than people think.

This is only the store pets that have changed rarity or got their rarities before other list store pets changed rarity, with all the ones that were VR since release, including store pets not listed here, there's unfortunately no way of knowing if they're as rare as list VRs without knowing actual numbers (or getting that new rarity I dream of to split the VRs so we can tell which are at the more common end of VR, being closer to rare, & which the rarer end of VR, being closer to OMGSR). I wouldn't be surprised if some of the set exclusives or less popular sets were up there rarity wise as well.

Thanks for sharing this! I started doing something similar, but never got around to finishing. I think if the list is going just by rarity, these pets should definitely be included as well.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 am

I talked to one of my professors about the situation and he's willing to work on this with me. I just need to take the data to him. If we haven't set up a way to run the program, I can do it as long as someone helps me figure out how to set it up. I don't mind paying to run it if that's an issue as well.

Also lil rascal that's incredibly useful info!
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:45 am

Crestalia wrote:
I talked to one of my professors about the situation and he's willing to work on this with me. I just need to take the data to him. If we haven't set up a way to run the program, I can do it as long as someone helps me figure out how to set it up. I don't mind paying to run it if that's an issue as well.

Also lil rascal that's incredibly useful info!

-jawdrop- Dang. I don't know if I'd be able to get anyone outside of CS, let alone a professor, to take this seriously O.O

@Law You free?

@lil rascal -drools all over those rarity changes-
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me