Paperclip Challenge Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Paperclip Challenge Discussion Thread

Postby MimikyuWish » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks so much for this discussion thread, I got more trade offers from paperclippers and I was wondering how I could make this as fair as possible. I will probably try the 3-month rule and just not mentioning it's a paperclip pet. I couldn't do this what I got like "Hey I'm doing the paperclip challenge *short explanation here* thanks for considering it!" and so on, once I even got an offer with an older rare when I had like 1 or 2 rares. I just couldn't have traded with them not even fairly but trading up was literally impossible. D:
Gotta edit my trading thread about it. ><
MimikyuWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VanyaDuvainel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:30 am

MimikyuWish wrote:Thanks so much for this discussion thread, I got more trade offers from paperclippers and I was wondering how I could make this as fair as possible. I will probably try the 3-month rule and just not mentioning it's a paperclip pet. I couldn't do this what I got like "Hey I'm doing the paperclip challenge *short explanation here* thanks for considering it!" and so on, once I even got an offer with an older rare when I had like 1 or 2 rares. I just couldn't have traded with them not even fairly but trading up was literally impossible. D:
Gotta edit my trading thread about it. ><

I can relate. I wish people would check my trade fodder before asking me to give them a better pet, but I guess you're going to get all sorts of people when you trade anyway ^^
I would definitely recommend the 3-month rule without mention of paperclips. It's a pretty solid strategy, and your trades will get accepted most of the time if the pets are wishlist :)
I wouldn't mention paperclipping in your trade thread's title, however. I've learned from experience that it leads to a lot of fellow paperclippers sending you those impossible trades.
VanyaDuvainel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:32 am

VanyaDuvainel wrote:Bump.

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:07 pm

I just started with a recent cat VC, now I’m up to I think a 2015 uncommon draft horse

It’s really hard because I’m pretty shy and I hardly ever trade anyways, so when someone cancels it hurts a bit. Should I even do this? Hardly anyone accepts challenge trades from wheat I’ve read in this thread... I mean, some people have been really successful and gotten tons of very rares, but is it worth being frowned upon by people?
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VanyaDuvainel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Blackcat110 wrote:I just started with a recent cat VC, now I’m up to I think a 2015 uncommon draft horse

It’s really hard because I’m pretty shy and I hardly ever trade anyways, so when someone cancels it hurts a bit. Should I even do this? Hardly anyone accepts challenge trades from wheat I’ve read in this thread... I mean, some people have been really successful and gotten tons of very rares, but is it worth being frowned upon by people?

I guess it depends on the method you use. If you do it fairly, it's quite fun ^^
On the other hand, spam trading people invites all kinds of problems. I don't think it's fun or very nice, so I think it defeats the purpose. So basically, think about it this way: are you having fun? Because this is a game, so that should always be your main goal :)
VanyaDuvainel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:14 pm

VanyaDuvainel wrote:
Blackcat110 wrote:I just started with a recent cat VC, now I’m up to I think a 2015 uncommon draft horse

I guess it depends on the method you use. If you do it fairly, it's quite fun ^^
On the other hand, spam trading people invites all kinds of problems. I don't think it's fun or very nice, so I think it defeats the purpose. So basically, think about it this way: are you having fun? Because this is a game, so that should always be your main goal :)

This.

Also in my experience you CAN make pretty decent progress with a bit of time and finding the right people. I turned two recent commons into a 09 rare and a 10 vr within the span of a couple months, so that's probably a reasonable goal, though don't be dissuaded if it takes a bit longer c:

Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Maybe I should do one just to get giveaway fodder...... I haven’t done one in so long
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dozy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:53 pm

i think with the three month rule, it works fine going up but if you plan to go back down afterwards, it'll be more tricky.
asking for two may pets for a january pet will most likely get edited into a straight swap, haha. i do wonder what would happen if i was super strict with the three month rule.

i'm attempting the paperclip myself mainly to see how high i can get and then how much quantity i could get if i trade down using the three month rule - that is going to be the hardest bit. i don't plan to leave the uncommons, though. i don't think i could get a rare.

i am finding some of the trades annoying, though. i don't mind paperclipping a few commons up or switching a rare for one a couple months higher, but people are offering me garbage rares like ponies for my dogs, which is annoying. it's kinda disheartening seeing all these 'no paperclip challenges' when i just want to trade for something a month older than my pet, but i can see why.

i'm tempted to start a paperclip challenge with 1 C$ and see what that would get me, since some people value each pet as 1 C$ and others would trade 4/5 recent commons for 1 C$
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:54 pm

drifloon wrote:
i think with the three month rule, it works fine going up but if you plan to go back down afterwards, it'll be more tricky.
asking for two may pets for a january pet will most likely get edited into a straight swap, haha. i do wonder what would happen if i was super strict with the three month rule.

i'm attempting the paperclip myself mainly to see how high i can get and then how much quantity i could get if i trade down using the three month rule - that is going to be the hardest bit. i don't plan to leave the uncommons, though. i don't think i could get a rare.

i am finding some of the trades annoying, though. i don't mind paperclipping a few commons up or switching a rare for one a couple months higher, but people are offering me garbage rares like ponies for my dogs, which is annoying. it's kinda disheartening seeing all these 'no paperclip challenges' when i just want to trade for something a month older than my pet, but i can see why.

i'm tempted to start a paperclip challenge with 1 C$ and see what that would get me, since some people value each pet as 1 C$ and others would trade 4/5 recent commons for 1 C$

Oooh that's a cool idea!

And I've found a good strategy with getting rares is to see if anyone will offer you a newer rare for an older uncommon (a 2016 rare for a 2010 uncommon for example) and then trade up from there c:

Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halloween.egg » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Look at this guy I got from @okeke! I'm super grateful. My goal is a low-tier advent list <:

heyo! i'm em. i'm kind of a massive mess. i love bts
more than i love myself, and my biases are yoongi and
taehyung. i also love broadway! feel free to message me<3

[credit | tracking | trade | pixel credit]

halloween.egg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me