The “How much is this pet worth?” Thread!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The “How much is this pet worth?” Thread!

Postby Lennie » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:48 am

Long post incoming! ^^;
Malivolentia wrote:How many mid advents would each of these pets be worth?
-joker bun
-ur butterbun
-ur strawberry
-purple toxic
-red X pps

Thanks!

I will be using the following breakdown for converting to MA values:
    1 non - 10-12 midadvents (MAs) - 100-150 '09 very rares
    1 sorb [sorbet] - 0.5 nons - 5-6 MAs
    Responding in order:
    ✧ The Joker Bun [Joker Bunny] has gone up and down in rarity multiple times since its original release in Easter 2009, most recently settling at omg so rare during the 2019 rarity update x - in successful trades, the bun fetches 1 non with consistency x x
    The Joker Bun would be worth 10-12 MAs
    ✧ The UR Butterbun has also gone up and down in rarity multiple times since its original release in Easter 2009, most recently settling at omg so rare in July 2013 x - in successful trades, the bun fetches 1-1.5 nons, settling at ~1 nons with the most consistency
    x
    The UR Butterbun would be worth 10-12 MAs
    ✧ The UR Strawberry has been omg so rare since its release in advent 2018 x - in successful trades, the Strawberry fetches 1-2 nons, settling at 1.5 nons with the most consistency x
    The UR Strawberry would be worth 15-18 MAs
    ✧ The Purple Toxic has been very rare since its release in August 2008 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including the other toxic outcomes, the Nonballoon and the Pink Balloon x. In successful trades, the Purple Toxic fetches 0.5 nons with consistency x
    The Purple Toxic would be worth 5-6 MAs
    ✧ Red X PPS first turned very rare in March 2010 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including the Dark Leopard, Wolf PPS, and the Light Cake Dog x. In successful trades, the Red X PPS fetches 2-3 MAs with general consistency [up to 0.25 nons] x
    The Red X PPS would be worth 2-3 MAs [~2.5 MAs]
FriedApplePie wrote:Hi there!

Is there any recent information for the Arabian set? I noticed some people have them labeled in their groups for trade as 0.5 nons, but I know on here a few months ago the whole set was 1.25 nons. Is there any recent information that can be given out for their worth?

In viewing successful trades for the Arabians [all outcomes], people tend to value the horses between 0.25-0.5 nons each, with a majority of the trades settling under the 0.5 nons marker for individual outcomes. The most common values for the full set do begin at 1.25 nons x - however, it is worth noting that the most recent shared trades [which aren't outcome swaps] for individual outcomes is from May 2021 / the most recent for the full set is from December 2020.
    The older store pets become, the more the value increases - it is likely that individual preferences for these store pet's values may have shifted a bit over the last few months.
Geckos_N_Tea wrote:Image
im assuming this goes by the three month rule, but i just wanted to check c:

The Blue Aussie PPS first turned very rare in March 2013 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including Whitestorm, the Pink October Moon Dog, and the Mismatch Green October. By how early the pup turned very rare, it may be valued a little more highly than other '09 very rares, but not everyone follows such strict rarity guidelines - if traded generally, the pet would be worth the three month rule or 2 '09 rares.
scottmxall wrote:Image i was wondering what this dragon is worth

The Green Malk Dragon is technically worth the three month rule - the pet may experience heightened demand as a result of the species lineart/artist lineart, but ultimately any adjusted value on the part of demand would be up to trading users.
Memories wrote:Does someone know what this pet is called and how much it's worth?

Thanks!

The Wildebeast Butterfly Wolf first turned very rare in March 2011 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including the former T7 advent dogs x. By rarity, the pet would be worth a MA. There are no successful trades shared for the pet, but it is worth noting that not everyone shares by strict rarity guidelines.
lawboy wrote:
~ how much does the purple sleipnir go for now? ~

The Purple Sleipnir first turned very rare in September 2011 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including the Light Leopard, the Christmas Tree Advent, and the Peppermint Eared Advent x.
    In general trades, the pet commonly fetches around 0.25 nons or ~2.5-3 MAs x
Iroh wrote:Image
Pet's name: Finch ‘08
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

How many MA is hyena advent worth? Horrors list seems to imply it’s only 1-1.5 but my friends say it’s 2-3MA. TIA

The Hyena Advent first turned very rare in March 2011 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including a majority of the former T7 advent pups x. Many of the former T7 advent pups are valued at 1 MA.
    In successful trades, the pet fetches around 1-1.5 MAs, with the occasional reference of 2 MA values being reserved for "true-date" pets x. It is important to note that there is no difference in rarity value between a re-release and true-date pet. Any preferential demand value would be up to trading users.
Aryastelle wrote:Image
Pet's name: Pixie Dust <3
Also have this one, this is a malk fox, or am I wrong? Does it have value?

As Neoncherry64 already answered the first pet, I'll just answer for this Malk Fox - the Pastel Fae Mischief Malk Wolf is worth the three month rule or 1 '19 rare.
bugry wrote:ImageImage
what are these two worth?'

I'm going to quote my previous responses for the white pup from July 2021
Lennie wrote:
    The White Creep Dog [Tic Tac Toe Dog for search function] is worth the three month rule - any added value on the part of demand for the pet being an event pet (from the Slumber Party Event in 2013) or its design would be up to trading users.

The Black Creep Dog [Cheshire Dog for search function] is similarly worth the three month rule.
.Blu wrote:Image

Been trying to trade to get one of these but im not fully sure its worth. ty <3

The Golden Gacha Dog is worth the three month rule or one 2021 rare.
EditPink wrote:https://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=337736468

The Solid White Advent Rat first turned very rare January 2011 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair trade for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including the Growing Light Faced October, the Kiss PPS, and the Raccoon Advent Rat x. By rarity, the pet is worth ~1 MA.
    There are currently no successful trades shared for the pet, but any adjusted value [beyond the rarity values] on the part of demand would be up to trading users.
Unilluminate wrote:hi, can someone help me with the worth of this whole group in terms of MAs, Nons, etc? you can ignore the munchkin cats

I'm going to specifically mention some pets here - any pets which are not mentioned are worth the three month rule from their original release date.
    A 2020 store pet is commonly cited as being worth a mid/late 2010 rare.
    A 2021 store pet is commonly cited as being worth a late 2010 rare.
    Corgi - while store pets from 2014 and older tend to have less clear guidelines for trading values, 2013 store pets are often valued at around a low advent, ~3-6 '09 rares. Successful trades suggest that the pet fetches ~1 MA with consistency x
    The Grey 2nd Gen Bunny [Gray Spotted Bun for search function] first turned very rare in August 2011 x - by purely rarity, the pet would be a fair swap for other pets which turned very rare at a similar time including the Tinsel Lion, Hollyfox Dog, and Null Bunny x. By rarity, the pet would likely be worth up to a MA x. There appear to be no successful trades shared for this outcome - in general trades, the pet values may be affected by demand.
    The total group values would be -
    2009 rares: 23
    2010 rares: 9
    2011 rares: 2
    2012 rares: 1
    2013 rares: 1
    For 2010 rares, I'm going to be converting 2 2010 rares : 1 2009 rare - I realize that not everyone uses these conversions, this is simply for reference.
    Your group is worth around 28 '09 rares or ~4 MAs. This is, of course, not considering demand values for any of the included pets. ^^
Maetis wrote:Hello, a token trade-in pet of the current event would be worth more or less than a 2014 common/uncommon?

There is no way to know what rarity a current event pet will settle at until the actual rarities of the pets are released. With token trade-in pets, there is a chance that the pet will be between an uncommon or rare. To know what current event pets are trading for at this moment, I would recommend seeing what people are offering on the Current Event Swaps Thread.

In case it wasn't explicitly stated with the outcome - any adjusted values on the part of demand are up to trading users. c:
|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|2.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Camilo Madrigal » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am

Hey! Can someone tell me what people are offering for this guy?

tysm!

𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎
xxxxxxxx
Gemini
Closed species
to look at;
Fuzzy Wuzzies
Chicoons
Cupps
Cervecros

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
You can call me
Cami or Hunter!

They/He/Thy
HIATUS!
Gifter, Hoarder,
Artist, Flight
Rising Player

xxxxxxxx

©

This Club Helps Big Cats!
Camilo Madrigal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostHost » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:01 am

Pet's name: steve

I haven’t played a bit, but I think this pet went up in demand? But I want to double check, can some one let me know what this pet might be worth?
GhostHost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:45 pm

Pet's name: Floppy Pink Pastel

I have this vr dog from 08. according to horrors list, its a mid October. mid Octobers are said to be worth 3.5 09 rares. however, 08 vrs are worth x4 09 rares due to the 2:1 rule. making this dog worth less than a regular 08 vr, is this right or am I missing something? perhaps its an extended release, but I'm not sure how to tell.

Postby Rascalboy5590 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:14 pm

Hi, I would really love to know what this pet is worth, I am still kind of new and do not want to get an unfair trade! Thank you in advance!

Pet's name: True date: 2008
Rascalboy5590

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonbeam. » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:37 pm

How much is a fire malk cat elemental worth?
═════════ஓ๑✦๑ஓ════════
〖▹any pronouns◃〗
〖▹sept 27th - ♎︎◃〗
〖▹demi-romantic◃〗
〖▹Used to be AlbinoWolf◃〗

I have visual impairments caused by Albinism, sorry if I make any mistakes!
═════════ஓ๑✦๑ஓ════════
moonbeam.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RatsRule9652 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Pet's name: Roxx
How much is this pet worth?
Hello you can call me Rats. I have owned many ratties but currently I have none. The one that started my obsession was named Potato she passed away on 5/29/16. Sam, Dean, & Castiel were 3 little "old men" that I rescued from a shelter they all passed of old age in June 2017, My heart rat Chip (Potato's Son) Passed away 4/11/18 I have a tribute tattoo for him. Delilah Passed away on 4/22/18, & her sister Lyric Passed away on 11/10/18
My first nakie Bowie Passed away 12/5/18
I've had many more over the years but there is just not enough room list them all. The few above are ones that will always have a special place in my heart, rats may live short lives but they are amazing pets!
You can also find me on lioden, CrazyRatLady #160173
https://www.lioden.com Pm me for a referral code!
RatsRule9652

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:51 am

♡CorgiLover522♡ wrote:Hey! Can someone tell me what people are offering for this guy?

tysm!

As the event is currently ongoing and no rarities have been assigned to this pet, it is hard to know what the pet will actually be worth in the future.
    To get an idea of what the pet is trading for right now, I would recommend checking out the Current Event Swap Thread to see what other people are asking/offering for the outcome ^^
GhostHost wrote:Image
Pet's name: steve

I haven’t played a bit, but I think this pet went up in demand? But I want to double check, can some one let me know what this pet might be worth?

I'm going to quote my previous response from early July 2021:
Lennie wrote:
Lennie wrote:
    Store pets from 2014 and older tend to have looser parameters for trading values as they may vary from user to user depending on the pet. 2014 store pets may be valued from 2 '09 rares + 1 '10 rare up to ~3-6 '09 rares [a low advent] - for general reference, these are successful trade results for "2014 store" pets x.

In the case of the Calico Goldfish Store Dog and its littermates, successful trades suggest the pet fetches around the mid range of these values x x x

alt wrote:Image
Pet's name: Floppy Pink Pastel

I have this vr dog from 08. according to horrors list, its a mid October. mid Octobers are said to be worth 3.5 09 rares. however, 08 vrs are worth x4 09 rares due to the 2:1 rule. making this dog worth less than a regular 08 vr, is this right or am I missing something? perhaps its an extended release, but I'm not sure how to tell.

For this, I'm going to preface this by saying different people may use slightly different year-to-year conversions, but I'm going to refer back to what is commonly cited on this thread (and referenced by Horror here). ^^
    An '08 very rare generally breaks down to 2 '09 rares + 1 '10 rare, rather than being 4 '09 rares total; so, the pet would not be worth less than a regular '08 very rare.
    Just as an additional resource, if you're interested in seeing which pets are extended release, I would recommend this handy guide!
Rascalboy5590 wrote:Hi, I would really love to know what this pet is worth, I am still kind of new and do not want to get an unfair trade! Thank you in advance!

Pet's name: True date: 2008

The Tricolor Vixen 2nd Gen Dog is an extended release pet - the pet was available for adoption from August 2008 until August 2009 x. Extended release pets are valued from the latest point in its adoption availability; as a result, the pet would be worth the three month rule from August 2009. In the event you're not familiar with the three month rule, a definition is provided at the bottom of this post c:
AlbinoWolf wrote:How much is a fire malk cat elemental worth?

I'm going to quote my reply from late-March 2021 [the shared trades link should be updated for results newer than March]:
Lennie wrote:
    ✧ Malk Elemental Cats [counting all four as being equal value to one another] - all four of the elemental cats turned very rare in the 2019 rarity update x and are technically only worth the three month rule or 2 '09 rares each
    However, the demand for the pets (driven largely by its design and artist) has led to the outcomes fetching 3-4+ '09 rares each with relative consistency x x

RatsRule9652 wrote:Image
Pet's name: Roxx
How much is this pet worth?

The Grey Border Collie first turned very rare in March 2011 x - the pet is a former T7 advent and is one of many pups which are considered a baseline MA valued pet x. The pet is commonly valued at a MA [7-8 '09 rares] x.

In case it wasn't specifically stated with an outcome, any adjusted value on the part of demand would be up to trading users c:
|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|2.
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aleigh » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:49 pm

What does the Red-X go for? Last I heard I think it was 2 MA but I'm not sure if that still stands, I'm so rusty
(full grown red-x, NOT pps)
Aleigh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:48 am

xImage
    2009 VR Tree?

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist